Forum upgrade in progress! ×

National police chief warns against distorted information on Koh Tao murder

Lite Beer

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had not realised it before, this is much bigger than just protecting his friend,the headman!!

Supplying drugs to the 3 islands is a billion baht franchise, which the BIB under no circumstances will allow to be interrupted!!

Day before yesterday, our friend here bought shares on SET for 360 million baht (in his wifes name) in a company called WAT.

I read in BP 04.10.2014 that:

National police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang has 246.4 million baht in assets and his wife has 128.2 million baht in assets. With the couple's liabilities of 18.8 million baht, their net worth is 355.8 million.
His assets include a number of watches, rings and firearms as well as 12 famous Buddha amulets worth 25 million
Did he sell all his rings, watches and Buddha amulets for the SET trade?

Please can you post a link to the source?

• Like 2

Article 14 of the Computer Crime Act

Along with LM, this law needs to be repealed.

"computer crime suppression police" from the OP. Makes the blood run cold.

I have read remarks about people being deterred from travelling to Thailand. I feel deterred from travelling to anywhere near Koh Tao come to that, and I live in Thailand.

• Like 1

I am a fully trained internet marketer. I can get stuff around.

Fully trained huh.... Perhaps just a turn of phrase, perhaps you meant something different of some impressive ability.....other than that the BiB is shaking in their boots.

I agree with what your saying though, just the the threat on the end.... beneath even your usual

The only distorted information Chief eliminated from your own police force, the amount of B/S that came from you officers at Media stops , only re-enforces the view held both locally and internationally that your police force sir is totally useless , example: going by the DNA results indicate that it wasn't an Asian who did the murders a week later your officers arrested two people of Burmese origin and now you have the UK police helping out , Sir you and your police force are so inept that you couldn't find a bottle milk at a 7 eleven , but some certainly know where their pockets R bah.gif

"Pol Gen Somyot, however, made clear that the DNA test on the son would have no impact on the police case file which has been finished with all circumstantial and forensic evidence submitted to the prosecutor for indictment of the two Myanmar suspects."

What? Not even if it's a match?

It cannot be a match when it has already been matched to the suspects in custody. It is an impossibility he could also match unless he is an identical twin of one of the Burmese in custody for the crimes.

It would be like looking outside for you car when you already confirmed it was in the garage. Of course this is being done to try to help the silly and ignorant claims by conspiracy theorist but to do so one needs to do stupid things like perform a test for which the answer is already answered before realizing the conspiracy nuts will never stop and just get more outlandish and silly in their theories.

If you believe that the burmese samples do match. I think they probably do but let's be fair, the BIB have been known to be in "error" over evidence in the past.

So I ask you, what happens if there is a match to the son?

"Pol Gen Somyot, however, made clear that the DNA test on the son would have no impact on the police case file which has been finished with all circumstantial and forensic evidence submitted to the prosecutor for indictment of the two Myanmar suspects."

It cannot be a match when it has already been matched to the suspects in custody. It is an impossibility he could also match unless he is an identical twin of one of the Burmese in custody for the crimes.

It would be like looking outside for you car when you already confirmed it was in the garage. Of course this is being done to try to help the silly and ignorant claims by conspiracy theorist but to do so one needs to do stupid things like perform a test for which the answer is already answered before realizing the conspiracy nuts will never stop and just get more outlandish and silly in their theories.

If you believe that the burmese samples do match. I think they probably do but let's be fair, the BIB have been known to be in "error" over evidence in the past.

First will be the shock discovery that there is no match to the Burmese.

If that is a set up, they can't very well execute 2 foreigners with bogus evidence can they. So they will get off and then the fun will really start as the keystoners run around in ever decreasing circles.

As I said, it would be impossible but if you want to pretend the impossible then of course they would arrest him and this is obvious based on the fact police have shown no favoritism towards this family and had no problem putting in custody the father and uncle, interrogating them and compelling them to provide DNA. They also had no problem publicly naming this kid as involved based on what turned out to be incorrect information they were given.

But what if he doesn't match? That is an easy question to answer as it will just make the conspiracy theorists shout louder with more crazed theories. And as they already are doing, finding way to use this and the fact the kid volunteered to be tested as proof of a conspiracy.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 2

The police Chief's warning of legal consequences for critics of the investigation is now international news so what IF, and it's one of the biggest IFs around, the case was to fold.

Will he look at his own men from the point of discipline and accountability and the latter should start with him ?

Fat Chance of that and the suspects being cleared would probably be hailed as a triumph for Thai ' justice '.

Discipline, Accountability, what's that ?

• Like 1

If we had not realised it before, this is much bigger than just protecting his friend,the headman!!

Supplying drugs to the 3 islands is a billion baht franchise, which the BIB under no circumstances will allow to be interrupted!!

Day before yesterday, our friend here bought shares on SET for 360 million baht (in his wifes name) in a company called WAT.

LOL you didn't read the OP?

Not really sure about the facts of this case as they seem a bit fuzzy. But the national police

chief is being crystal clear in his threats against anyone posting information contrary

to the official police version. It would seem at this point that whoever the police started

out trying to protect with their crappy investigation, at this point I think they are

trying to protect the tatters of what is left of their reputation......

What reputation is that?

As I said, it would be impossible but if you want to pretend the impossible then of course they would arrest him and this is obvious based on the fact police have shown no favoritism towards this family and had no problem putting in custody the father and uncle, interrogating them and compelling them to provide DNA. They also had no problem publicly naming this kid as involved based on what turned out to be incorrect information they were given.

But what if he doesn't match? That is an easy question to answer as it will just make the conspiracy theorists shout louder with more crazed theories. And as they already are doing, finding way to use this and the fact the kid volunteered to be tested as proof of a conspiracy.

However the police chief has said he won't do anything as a result of the DNA teat. Therefore if this ridiculous comment is followed, he won't be arrested.

On an aside, a little less condescension in your replies would be appreciated.

Edited by Bluespunk

The police could help the situation by showing (and acting upon) their commitment to find the actual killers that are likely still out there walking around. Majority of the population knows that the Burmese boys did not do the crime. Unfortunately, Thailand has a history of prosecuting a few to stop the communication of many. Freedom of speech will likely take a step backwards in the future and this news story is aligned with that goal, not of finding the killers.

Just pathetic. Would this dolt be so blase had his daughter been raped and bludgeoned to death!!!!!!!!!! I was really hoping Phrayut would do right by the country and rip into the police to help it move forward. Nothing casts more of a shadow over Thailand right now.

• Like 1

One has to question why the national police chief is personally involved in this DNA testing AND making threats. Could it be that he has vested interests in this case, such as protecting the real killers?

Perhaps a check of all his financial transactions since Sept 15 would be in order. Somyat might also want to study Democracy and pay particular attention to the section on FREE SPEECH. Plus Thais LOVE to gossip, something which is made even easier with sites like Facebook.

As for the source of most, if not all, of the speculation regarding this case, he may want to do a thorough review of all statements issued by the RTP and local officials. Somyat appears to be totally out of his depth.

However the police chief has said he won't do anything as a result of the DNA teat. Therefore if this ridiculous comment is followed, he won't be arrested.

On an aside, a little less condensation in your replies would be appreciated.

Actually that is not what he said and there is no quote of what he said and if we take away the delusional conspiracy theories for a minute what he clearly was alluding to was what you keep wanting to pretend is not that case and that is THE SON'S DNA CANNOT MATCH WITHA THAT AT THE CRIME SCENE AS IT HAS ALREADY BEEN MATCHED TO THE TWO SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY (I doubt caps will help you with reality but thought worth a try). Further he it appears he is reminding folks this DNA test has nothing to do with the investigation of the case since the kid has been cleared but this is rather to try to help silence the liars and conspiracy folks online making things up and spreading illogical baseless accusations.

Did you even read the OP? This test is being done at the father's request because of all the false allegations and the only case it may be used for is those being prosecuted for purposely trying to slander this family with baseless claims as I highly doubt the defense team would try to suggest such nonsense as this kids involvement based on lunatics on facebook or the gullible people who believe they are actually posting facts there.

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Police commissioner today warned of tough legal action for anyone who posted false information on the social network criticizing the handling of the Koh Tao murder case by the police which he said could cause rift and a threat to economy.

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Phumphanmuang today warned of tough legal action for anyone who posted false information on the social network criticizing the handling of the Koh Tao murder case by the police which he said could cause rift and a threat to the income of the police farce force personnel involved in the adaptation of the case to fit their scenario and improve their income.

The truth is as we will tell you not as you see it.

Pol Gen Somyot Phumphanmuang

The quote below is dedicated to you and your police farce force.

Edited by siampolee

One has to question why the national police chief is personally involved in this DNA testing AND making threats. Could it be that he has vested interests in this case, such as protecting the real killers?

Perhaps a check of all his financial transactions since Sept 15 would be in order. Somyat might also want to study Democracy and pay particular attention to the section on FREE SPEECH. Plus Thais LOVE to gossip, something which is made even easier with sites like Facebook.

As for the source of most, if not all, of the speculation regarding this case, he may want to do a thorough review of all statements issued by the RTP and local officials. Somyat appears to be totally out of his depth.

He does appear to have a large net worth as stated in this article, even though they misspelled his name.

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

On an aside, a little less condensation in your replies would be appreciated.

Actually that is not what he said and there is no quote of what he said and if we take away the delusional conspiracy theories for a minute what he clearly was alluding to was what you keep wanting to pretend is not that case and that is THE SON'S DNA CANNOT MATCH WITHA THAT AT THE CRIME SCENE AS IT HAS ALREADY BEEN MATCHED TO THE TWO SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY (I doubt caps will help you with reality but thought worth a try). Further he it appears he is reminding folks this DNA test has nothing to do with the investigation of the case since the kid has been cleared but this is rather to try to help silence the liars and conspiracy folks online making things up and spreading illogical baseless accusations.

Did you even read the OP? This test is being done at the father's request because of all the false allegations and the only case it may be used for is those being prosecuted for purposely trying to slander this family with baseless claims as I highly doubt the defense team would try to suggest such nonsense as this kids involvement based on lunatics on facebook or the gullible people who believe they are actually posting facts there.

You really don't listen do you? My point is and always has been that it is highly irresponsible for a police chief to say he will gather evidence and ignore it whatever it says. That is what the OP says he said so that is what I am going by.

PS the condescension thing [spelling correct this time] really isn't getting better.

Keep rereading the OP, this is not a gathering evidence exercise and they make that clear and the reasons are clear. The case against the two suspects in custody doesn't rely on them re-confirming this kid had nothing to do with it. The OP is very clear this is not being done as part of the criminal case because they already know he is not involved and was not on the island ... they are doing this to try to silence those who have been ignorant enough to listen to clueless online detectives with doubts but I don;t believe they will be able to help some people who even try to turn the kids volunteering to provide DNA into another conspiracy theory.