Prosecutor demands more evidence from the police handling Koh Tao case

Lite Beer

Prosecutor demand more evidence from the police handling Koh Tao case

10-31-2014-8-13-11-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Koh Samui public prosecutor has returned the police case file on Koh Tao murder back to the police with a demand for additional interrogation of the Rohinya interpreter employed by the police.

The public prosecutor’s latest move followed complaints from the parents of the two arrested suspects who claimed that the suspects were beaten up by the interpreter to extract their confession to the murder of two British backpackers on Koh Tao in mid-September.

Rohinyas and the people of Rakhine state of Myanmar do not get along well with each other and are hostile toward each other. The two suspects are ethnic Rakines

Earlier the KohSamui twice asked the police handling the murder case for additional evidences about the case. This was the third demand from the prosecutor.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prosecutor-demand-evidences-police-handling-koh-tao-case/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-31

• Like 1

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what, the second time the prosecutor has sent the brief back to police asking for more information. At least one person in the chain of this investigation understands how important this trial is going to be.

Also, he can see that the brown stuff has already hit the fan and doesn't want to get caught up in the fallout if it can be avoided.

So at what point do the have to release these guys?

How many weeks now without being formally charged?

I have asked this, would be good to know at what point do they release them and who as the authority to do this?

I read somwhere they have to be released after 84 days if they are not charged by then. Every 12 days the police have to ask the prosecutor(?) for another 12 days of arrest

• Like 2

Let's hope he hasn't disappeared!

Actually, we have all been concerned at the prospect of the Burmese kids "committing suicide", but would't banana man's suicide with a note expressing his remorse at framing them be rather convenient right now? The RTP place all the blame on him, release the current suspects and (depending on how much the UK police know) either arrest the real perps or leave it as an unsolved crime. Not ideal, but better than admitting the RTP engineered it.

Actually, we have all been concerned at the prospect of the Burmese kids "committing suicide", but would't banana man's suicide with a note expressing his remorse at framing them be rather convenient right now? The RTP place all the blame on him, release the current suspects and (depending on how much the UK police know) either arrest the real perps or leave it as an unsolved crime. Not ideal, but better than admitting the RTP engineered it.

Jeez my comment was tongue in cheek.

Let's wait and see what happens....but I suspect bananaman won't be going anywhere just yet!

Unfortunately for the families of the deceased this case will run and run on for a long time if ever solved.

Shameful really.

So at what point do the have to release these guys?

How many weeks now without being formally charged?

I have asked this, would be good to know at what point do they release them and who as the authority to do this?

I believe it is 84 days (7 lots of 12 days) and the court has the authority to release them.

Jeez my comment was tongue in cheek.

Let's wait and see what happens....but I suspect bananaman won't be going anywhere just yet!

Unfortunately for the families of the deceased this case will run and run on for a long time if ever solved.

Shameful really.

Maybe Bananaman is driving around in a new Benz now in Burma?

• Like 2