DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is there, if you open posted comments on page and scroll down.

Just a body dragged up in a fishing net, no confirmation yet of who it is.

Also the news reports of the two fellas transfered.

I think owd CSI LA is a bit slow just lately, seems to be getting a bit carried away with his own staus methinks.

oh, a new theorist

do tell all that you seemingly know.......

staged?

which accounts for the brain splatter on the rocks where the body was found?

the last poster who came here with a cokeyed theory said it happened in her room, another distraction made up in someone's mind

How do you know they never hit her with the hoe afterwards? where did the hoe come from, it wasn't just lying around on the beach was it and you don't walk around in the early hours with one do you, there would have been a lot of noise. From what I understand the police are stations no far away, is that correct or not, I don't know for sure, I read it somewhere. Anything seems possible the way thing have gone, I can't imagine there not being one hell of commotion if it happened on the beach that early in the morning, they would have heard it for miles around. It would have been easier to smash David's head in than drag him into the water and drown him, a man his size would have put up one hell of a struggle. I know more than just a little bit about violence, that's not a brag!

it was already postulated previously that the hoe was not the primary murder weapon.

the man would neve rhave expected to die that night, thus the first puncture wound could have been a complete surprise,

it could also have been inflicted while he was held in a headlock, also, never expecting that he was going to die that night

all reports are suspect that do not detail the puncture wounds

the alleged autopsy report, doesnt mention any of them, not even one?

seriously,, but we shouldnt distort the case

• Like 1

oh, a new theorist

do tell all that you seemingly know.......

staged?

which accounts for the brain splatter on the rocks where the body was found?

the last poster who came here with a cokeyed theory said it happened in her room, another distraction made up in someone's mind

How do you know they never hit her with the hoe afterwards? where did the hoe come from, it wasn't just lying around on the beach was it and you don't walk around in the early hours with one do you, there would have been a lot of noise. From what I understand the police are stations no far away, is that correct or not, I don't know for sure, I read it somewhere. Anything seems possible the way thing have gone, I can't imagine there not being one hell of commotion if it happened on the beach that early in the morning, they would have heard it for miles around. It would have been easier to smash David's head in than drag him into the water and drown him, a man his size would have put up one hell of a struggle. I know more than just a little bit about violence, that's not a brag!

it was already postulated previously that the hoe was not the primary murder weapon.

the man would neve rhave expected to die that night, thus the first puncture wound could have been a complete surprise,

it could also have been inflicted while he was held in a headlock, also, never expecting that he was going to die that night

all reports are suspect that do not detail the puncture wounds

the alleged autopsy report, doesnt mention any of them, not even one?

seriously,, but we shouldnt distort the case

Surely the mob on the island wouldn't be so stupid as to do in another tourist ?? Is that what's being suggested now on this thread?

simonuk, on 08 Nov 2014 - 14:48, said:
boomerangutang, on 08 Nov 2014 - 14:32, said:

I may have mistakenly thought 'islandlover' was two posters using the same account, but now it appears there's a poster named 'islandlife' so that would explain it.

As for not being adept at English language, ....that's ok, as long as the poster makes himself/herself reasonably well understood in English.

All types of people (with varying opinions) are encouraged to post here.

If I've made made that same mistake I hold my hands up and i apologise.

Errr, please don't confuse me with Islandlife! I am a U.K. national and my posts to this forum will have reflected that.

Whilst I'm not actively recommending a boycott I cannot ever see myself returning to that island if there is a chance my money may end up in the pocket of a family I suspect my be involved. I've also told friends and family who visit Thailand of my opinion and they agree 100% and also will not be visiting.

I spend many months each year in Thailand yet my wife , who is Thai, and I have decided that the bulk of our time abroad will now be spent in China and Vietnam. I know there is corruption everywhere but it's our little protest.

We are both just sick and fed up of the corruption at every level in Thailand and we don't want to contribute our money to it.

Over the years I've met people who lived and worked there and they've all told me what a great place it is and so it was a place I'd always planned on visiting some day. It wasn't until this case that I found out the island is run by several mafia families and there have been many covered up deaths and rapes of expats. The same goes for my friends in the UK who had pretty much no idea the level of corruption and the mindset of what Thailand can be like. Hopefully this case is the straw that breaks the camel's back because it has sure put off myself and anyone in the UK I speak to about it.

I used to work on island and can tell you a fair few stories. None of the land is owned by anyone but leased on a permanent basis by the families. The farangs daft enough to get land on there are in effect sub-leasing existing land.

We had a pair of thai locals strike a woman who they thought was farang (in the dark) while on a motorbike and they were later caught and dealt with by the police and the woman in question (who was a thai tourist). The 'dealt with' was just few slaps in the face by the woman. I was there and saw the whole thing. Another time a Japanese woman (co-owner of a dive-company) ended up being found dead on the jungle floor The official verdict by the cops was it was a suicide but it's hard to hang yourself off a tree with a small regulator hose...

Her sister and the family kicked up a noise (she was supposed to be a Japanese VIP) but nothing came of it.

So there is a dark attitude to things where it's swept under the carpet.

Anyone in diving will tell you the dive companies don't really run the show, they operate the business of diving yes, but the families influence things in the shadows. Whenever immigration shows up to crackdown on farang dive instructors without a WP, the families pay off the immigration. Price fixing and their own agenda is always at the forefront. The local police are not much better either. They are very wealthy off the protection money payoffs from ALL the bars (family owned) on the island to keep on operating. While I was there for nearly a year I could count one time I saw them even in uniform and that was at the main Mae Haad pier for some VIP visiting.

I'd like to say it was these Burmese lads on the surface of it but the typical Burmese folks I knew of back then would always try and stay out of trouble because the thais would come down on them like a ton of bricks for the slightest thing.

So in my heart I fear one of the family mafia lads saw the girls beauty, was struck with the lust for her and set out to do his evil carefully, possibly with framing in mind prior to it?!

Well karma has some wild ways and if it hits the whole of Koh Tao and more I wouldn't be surprised.

The show ain't over yet folks but KT could end up with a desolate Xmas season and a lot of pssed off dive-farang.

it is very possible that the tourism will continue as rape and murder is an accepted part of life on earth

other than TV and a few expat sites, along with the now infamous CSI LA on facebook,

there may be very few people even concerned with this,

yes, I know there were 100,000 signatures,

but I wonder aloud how many signatures they could gather for a follow up,

my guess, not that many

I'll make a call to my contact on KT later on, I'll see what he's heard or thinks or it. He's a farang and lived there for many years and hopefully can sound off about what he's heard...

Surely the mob on the island wouldn't be so stupid as to do in another tourist ?? Is that what's being suggested now on this thread?

It's not a question of smarts or stupidity. It's men swaggering around, full of testosterone, alcohol, and sexual lust - acting like they own the island and can get away with bullying, murder and rape.
  • Like 1

simonuk post # 1084

When you think you are untouchable due to the stipends you pay, you also think you have a guarantee for you and your kin to do anything they wish due to their immunity, thus anything is possible.

IMO, the mobs here are dysfunctional as well (as so many other things). If it were fully functioning, in the background of this current cover-up, the people responsible for the murders would already be at the bottom of the gulf with cement blocks tied to their feet. Its the price you pay for bringing so much attention to their operations and putting things in jeopardy. And it sends message to the rest of the gang, no one is above the "family".

• Like 1

I'm not sure where to post this-

the body of missing Swiss snorkeler on KT has been found naked with what appears to be stab wounds to his left side. The photo's are on the CSILA.

You are not sure where to post this garbage because nothing like this is on CSI LA. There is NO MENTION of stab wounds, just that the diver (may he rest in peace) had a sore eye prior to diving. Please stop spreading rumors.

• Like 1

I'm not sure where to post this-

the body of missing Swiss snorkeler on KT has been found naked with what appears to be stab wounds to his left side. The photo's are on the CSILA.

You are not sure where to post this garbage because nothing like this is on CSI LA. There is NO MENTION of stab wounds, just that the diver (may he rest in peace) had a sore eye prior to diving. Please stop spreading rumors.

To be fair to mr Lozza there is a post in Thai by some bird, its in Thai so no idea what shes on about but the picture shows a body being pulled out the sea in a fishing net.It looks like it has some trauma on the side of the body.

Not sure if its related to/is the missing Swiss guy or not so could be croosed wires.

Its not on the Masters timeline, you have to go to posted comments on the left.

• Like 1

Often, in a crime case, the initial suspects are suspects for good reason. The above post by Wally Cleaver is a reminder at how the investigation was initially going forward at a good clip, ...yet it got its wings clipped and took a 180 degree turn all of a sudden. Two suspects, with mucho evidence pointing at them, were suddenly let off completely - not detained, no further questions, no longer suspects ...in the blink of an eye.

It's not too ludicrous a scenario to those of us who are familiar with how things happen here in Thailand. Big Shots with Big Money can do anything here.

They were not the initial suspects.

No, they weren't. Before them it was Burmese, then other foreigners.

All of whom had evidence pointing to them and all excluded until the 3 Burmese became the primary suspects. One was excluded but I expect him to be a material witness in the case.

Edited by jdinasia
  • Like 1

simonuk, on 08 Nov 2014 - 14:48, said:

boomerangutang, on 08 Nov 2014 - 14:32, said:

I may have mistakenly thought 'islandlover' was two posters using the same account, but now it appears there's a poster named 'islandlife' so that would explain it.

As for not being adept at English language, ....that's ok, as long as the poster makes himself/herself reasonably well understood in English.

All types of people (with varying opinions) are encouraged to post here.

If I've made made that same mistake I hold my hands up and i apologise.

Errr, please don't confuse me with Islandlife! I am a U.K. national and my posts to this forum will have reflected that.

And if my spelling aint good enough ,meny of you shud also question your main source csi la ,idiot fame blinded super detective. With difrent theory each day. He must be desperate now . Nothing new to tell , scandal o meter running low.

He's a poor looser.

Thanks ,islandlover for stepping out ,i was getting confused.. is it my other personality that found way use my phone while other sleeping. ..

Oh the joys of reading this thread.

Kivi guy lived here about 8 months, tryed get dj work didnt work got caught on stealing from charity donation box,was told to move on . . Moved koh phangan didnt work out for him there either.. Then to Bangkok not much joy and after he become very critic against everything Thailand.

U can see that by falloving hes blogs.

I agree hes story is quite accurate.

But colored with red pen just to make it more interesting wich sadly makes hole story fictional .

#FACT

Kivi guy lived here about 8 months, tryed get dj work didnt work got caught on stealing from charity donation box,was told to move on . . Moved koh phangan didnt work out for him there either.. Then to Bangkok not much joy and after he become very critic against everything Thailand.

But colored with red pen just to make it more interesting wich sadly makes hole story fictional .

#FACT

Koh Tao, such a small place, so few people, everybody knows each others business, interesting

• Like 1

#FACT

#DEFAMATION & LIABLE

as the RTP Glee club like to post all the time, ....thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

#FACT

Koh Tao, such a small place, so few people, everybody knows each others business, interesting

Wonder why Islandlife isnt "divermastering" today ?....lack of punters on KT ?

• Like 1

#FACT

Yeah indeed it is, if you live here as westener you pretty much now everyone or at least friend of the friend. Its pretty small western community here.its a small island .

Thats why its also very hard place for western people living here steal, lie or behave badly. Its not like big cities filled with girly bars and massage parlours.

Thats why moust farangs who come here to live end up doing it 3 months or so after they realice no money have to leave and after own mistakes becomes islands fault . Fact is also there is not much other jobs then diving here .

• Like 1

Often, in a crime case, the initial suspects are suspects for good reason. The above post by Wally Cleaver is a reminder at how the investigation was initially going forward at a good clip, ...yet it got its wings clipped and took a 180 degree turn all of a sudden. Two suspects, with mucho evidence pointing at them, were suddenly let off completely - not detained, no further questions, no longer suspects ...in the blink of an eye.

It's not too ludicrous a scenario to those of us who are familiar with how things happen here in Thailand. Big Shots with Big Money can do anything here.

Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.
LOL

Playing semantics fails here as 2 other sets of suspects were named before that (maybe 3)