DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

@ jaidam

I see where you are coming from but, if it was planned to attack her in her room then she would have had to be drugged, otherwise the potential commotion would have attracted attention in the resort.

So, assuming that was the scenario, why would they carry her to the beach??

Does not make sense.

The weather was not that bad on that night actually, a bit windy and cloudy but, for a farang, hot and humid.

Temperature on that night was around 28c, not so cold!

I do believe David died a hero though.

This potential for a commotion to be heard by bystanders/hotel guests is a strange part of this story.

The site where the bodies were found were very close to a resort. Any loud shouting/screaming there would have been easily heard by dozens of people.

This is the main reason(other than photographic evidence and the unexplained use of the hoe on Hannah's face) why I speculated early-on there may have been a gun involved. It is a great way to control somebody to do something they don't want to do. I know from my own experience during a heated dispute that when my opponent brought the gun out that it shut me the hell up quickly and I did what was asked of me.

it was said somewhere that Hannah was shot in the face and head, and the hoe to disfigure what was left of her

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ jaidam

I see where you are coming from but, if it was planned to attack her in her room then she would have had to be drugged, otherwise the potential commotion would have attracted attention in the resort.

So, assuming that was the scenario, why would they carry her to the beach??

Does not make sense.

The weather was not that bad on that night actually, a bit windy and cloudy but, for a farang, hot and humid.

Temperature on that night was around 28c, not so cold!

I do believe David died a hero though.

This potential for a commotion to be heard by bystanders/hotel guests is a strange part of this story.

The site where the bodies were found were very close to a resort. Any loud shouting/screaming there would have been easily heard by dozens of people.

This is the main reason(other than photographic evidence and the unexplained use of the hoe on Hannah's face) why I speculated early-on there may have been a gun involved. It is a great way to control somebody to do something they don't want to do. I know from my own experience during a heated dispute that when my opponent brought the gun out that it shut me the hell up quickly and I did what was asked of me.

it was said somewhere that Hannah was shot in the face and head, and the hoe to disfigure what was left of her

Well if that is true, then the British coroner will already know if from the autopsy, I think they would have a hard time trying to disguise a gun shot to the head with a hoe and not leave any signs of the gunshot wound that a good forensics couldn't find

• Like 1

As a human it is in our nature to forget and move on. We all have very short memories and in time this whole fiasco will be forgotten just like so many other things are so easily forgotten over time.

To refer to these 2 deaths as a fiasco is pretty disgusting and is certainly not humane.

• Like 2

Well hannah and David weren't the first British citizens to be found murdered on a beach. Check the other recent murders. Oh and the tourism ministry brushes these crimes aside by saying tourist continue to flock to the islands. I say flock to the Philippines and let paradise islands and Thailand drink their strawberry mushroom drinks and continue to have hallucinations on how tourist are still flocking.

• Like 1

oh, a new theorist

do tell all that you seemingly know.......

staged?

which accounts for the brain splatter on the rocks where the body was found?

the last poster who came here with a cokeyed theory said it happened in her room, another distraction made up in someone's mind

• Like 1

Both victims had different injuries, Without going into detail this was not rape. Hannah must really have pissed someone off!

I think what you meant to say, 'this was no ordinary rape.' Thais are easily pissed off. There's no middle ground with their rage. In other words, they'll appear calm, and continue to appear calm even if angry, ...but at some point, they'll explode with postal rage. Just the F word or the finger will send them apeshit ballistic. Saying the same word or gesture to a farang (even a drunk stupid one) might anger him a bit and elicit the same (F word or finger) in response. But an enraged Thai will grab a deadly weapon (steel pipe or broken bottle) in seconds, and just as quick there will likely be several more Thai guys alongside, all intent on causing grave bodily harm. Anyone who has ever hung out in Thai bars will know what I'm referring to. Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 2

Murder police return from Thailand

British police who travelled to Thailand to review the probe into the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller are due to return to the UK,

having completed their work "as far as possible".

" Detectives from the United Kingdom who are currently in Thailand reviewing the investigation into the murders of Hannah Witheridge and

David Miller have completed their work, as far as possible," the Met said in a statement.

"They will now be returning to the UK to compile their report and to update the families of Hannah and David on their findings."

https://uk.news.yaho...83.html#gGlAMGT

Edited by expat_4_life

British police who travelled to Thailand to review the probe into the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller are due to return to the UK,

" Detectives from the United Kingdom who are currently in Thailand reviewing the investigation into the murders of Hannah Witheridge and

David Miller have completed their work, as far as possible," the Met said in a statement.

"They will now be returning to the UK to compile their report and to update the families of Hannah and David on their findings."

Good to hear that they'll be updating the families on their take of the investigation by the RTP. I wonder if they'll make any statements to the general public before the inquest? Very doubtful I guess

I was under the impression they had gone back already, from a news report.

My apologies if I unintentionally mislead anyone.

They have been here some time and must have gleaned a good overview of what has been happening.

The call for a meeting in the UK with the Thai embassy to register concerns last week and the almost simultaneous request from Mynamar to

re-open the investigation whilst the UK police are still here is interesting.

It seems that this can of worms has a few escapees that will come back to haunt the RTP.

I am expecting a smoking gun, possibly not until the inquest but, it seems inevitable.

Inevitable because despite the fact that there is media censorship and Thailand is under martial law a number of

Thai news channels are questioning the case, interviewing social media sceptics, and even doing reconstructions of the crime injuries to the victims, bringing into question the official results.

Perhaps (conjecture) the powers that be are lining up some fall guys, possibly local RTP who will be accused of perverting the course of justice etc.

Who knows, I certainly dont!

• Like 2

A common way of handing drugs over is via a handshake, Who is that No9 shaking hands with David?

how else would you do it ?....carrier pigeon, DHL courier, use your feet, spit them at someone ?

you post has to be in the running for TV's dumbest post of the day...seriously

So everyone who shakes hands with someone else is palming off drugs to someone else ?

Edited by Soutpeel

What's up Fong don't you like newbies on your little island?

Assuming that was you with the new theory,

post away,

it is not without notice though, that you have a new account and your only posts on any thread so far, have been new theories which belie what little facts we have been shown,

but post away,

the more people posting here, the longer this stays front page

If DNA typing done by UK experts (assuming they did that) doesn't sinc with DNA typing done by Thai officials, then things could obviously get dicey.

Among other things, it would present a conundrum for Brit experts. Here are their options:

>>> openly declare the DNA differences. If they do that, they will couch their language to be as nice to Thai authorities as humanly possible, saying something like, "it appears there have been varied results from labs....."

>>> Not openly announce the DNA differences. Instead, probably/possibly report findings to families of victims only. This is the diplomatically viable option. As I've said earlier: it's more important for bureaucrats to maintain cordial relations between countries than to rock the ships of state by releasing a report which could shake up Thai officialdom - all the way up to the top banana. Let's not forget, the self-appointed PM has been 100% behind the Thai investigation, in a number of his declarations. He's got a lot of political capital invested in it not being shown to a be a frame-up. Same for a lot of top brass who are involved.

Here's a scenario:
>>> Brit experts release results which show a cover-up by Thai officials. If the Thai PM can't wiggle out of it (with excuses and obfuscations or counter-claims), he will be compelled to discipline one or two police brass who spearheaded the investigation. However, nothing severe will happen, because Thai officials HATE to discipline other Thai officials, ... by anything more than a verbal admonishment and/or assignment to an 'inactive post' with full pay and benefits.

If DNA typing done by UK experts (assuming they did that) doesn't sinc with DNA typing done by Thai officials, then things could obviously get dicey.

Among other things, it would present a conundrum for Brit experts. Here are their options:

>>> openly declare the DNA differences. If they do that, they will couch their language to be as nice to Thai authorities as humanly possible, saying something like, "it appears there have been varied results from labs....."

>>> Not openly announce the DNA differences. Instead, probably/possibly report findings to families of victims only. This is the diplomatically viable option. As I've said earlier: it's more important for bureaucrats to maintain cordial relations between countries than to rock the ships of state by releasing a report which could shake up Thai officialdom - all the way up to the top banana. Let's not forget, the self-appointed PM has been 100% behind the Thai investigation, in a number of his declarations. He's got a lot of political capital invested in it not being shown to a be a frame-up. Same for a lot of top brass who are involved.

Here's a scenario:

>>> Brit experts release results which show a cover-up by Thai officials. If the Thai PM can't wiggle out of it (with excuses and obfuscations or counter-claims), he will be compelled to discipline one or two police brass who spearheaded the investigation. However, nothing severe will happen, because Thai officials HATE to discipline other Thai officials, ... by anything more than a verbal admonishment and/or assignment to an 'inactive post' with full pay and benefits.

Looking at the latest news letter from TV I am pretty sure damage limitation has commenced.

Watch that space!

• Like 1

Here's a scenario:

Looking at the latest news letter from TV I am pretty sure damage limitation has commenced.

Watch that space!

about ?

oh, a new theorist

do tell all that you seemingly know.......

staged?

which accounts for the brain splatter on the rocks where the body was found?

the last poster who came here with a cokeyed theory said it happened in her room, another distraction made up in someone's mind

How do you know they never hit her with the hoe afterwards? where did the hoe come from, it wasn't just lying around on the beach was it and you don't walk around in the early hours with one do you, there would have been a lot of noise. From what I understand the police are stations no far away, is that correct or not, I don't know for sure, I read it somewhere. Anything seems possible the way thing have gone, I can't imagine there not being one hell of commotion if it happened on the beach that early in the morning, they would have heard it for miles around. It would have been easier to smash David's head in than drag him into the water and drown him, a man his size would have put up one hell of a struggle. I know more than just a little bit about violence, that's not a brag!

Here's a scenario:

Watch that space!

about ?

Not hard to find!!

CIB boss and assistant abruptly transferred... one is out of the country...

Holiday in Cambodia?

I'm not sure where to post this-

the body of missing Swiss snorkeler on KT has been found naked with what appears to be stab wounds to his left side. The photo's are on the CSILA.

Edited by Lozza

I'm not sure where to post this-

the body of missing Swiss snorkeler on KT has been found naked with what appears to be stab wounds to his left side. The photo's are on the CSILA.

Maybe new thread plus link

Links to csila are not allowed. Left side of csila facebook page- sara arich is poster. Just when you thought it couldn't get worst.