Ex-Pheu Thai MP sceptical about charter drafters

Lite Beer

Ex-Pheu Thai MP sceptical about charter drafters
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- A former Pheu Thai Party lawmaker yesterday expressed concern that the new charter may not be democratic and fails to bring about reconciliation, judging by the people named on the Constitution Drafting Committee.

Former Pheu Thai Lop Buri MP Amnuay Khlangpha urged National Reform Council deputy chairman Borwornsak Uwanno to ensure that the new charter would bring about national reconciliation as stated by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO).

"We would like to see public participation and also take part in the decision making. The new charter should reflect true democracy,'' he said.

He urged the National Anti-Corruption Commission to check how military members of the Prayut Cabinet amassed hundreds of million of baht in wealth. "I believe they may have earned income from land deals,'' he alleged.

However, People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) spokesman Akanat Promphan supported the newly elected charter drafters recruited under the quota of the National Legislative Assembly and the National Reform Council.

He said although the group of elected charter writers had been criticised for lacking diversity, he believed they were knowledgeable and competent to write the new charter.

He said the PDRC would now start checking the Prayut government on its implementation of reform.

To mark the first anniversary of the PDRC protests, the group will also organise a group ordination under the project to make merit for His Majesty the King and those who lost their lives during the PDRC rallies over the past one year.

He said Phra Suthep Thaugsuban would continue to be in the monkhood for at least 204 days, the total number of days the PDRC rallied to overthrow the Yingluck government. He added the monk may or may not leave the monkhood after completing 204 days in February.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Ex-Pheu-Thai-MP-sceptical-about-charter-drafters-30246775.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-02

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A former Pheu Thai Party lawmaker yesterday expressed concern that the new charter may not be democratic and fails to bring about reconciliation, judging by the people named on the Constitution Drafting Committee.

no kidding.

If only he could say what he must really think.

People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) spokesman Akanat Promphan supported the newly elected charter drafters recruited under the quota of the National Legislative Assembly and the National Reform Council.

at the risk of repeating myself...

no kidding.

coffee1.gif

"However, People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) spokesman Akanat Promphan supported the newly elected charter drafters recruited under the quota of the National Legislative Assembly and the National Reform Council."

This should tell you enough about the NLA/NRC/CDC, and that the next Constitution will be acceptable to the PDRC and their sponsors, the Amart (aka: Good People )

Neither side knows what Democracy is, and really neither side actually "wants" democracy anyway, it's a joke.

Fully agree, why the apologists try to give out this impression I for the life of me do not know...............I am only going with the flow right or wrong, if wrong I will stand up to be counted.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

One of the new drafters Paiboon Nititawan.

A member of the 40 elected senators

A regular on the PRDC stage

An advocate of a royally appointed PM

If no good why did PM get full approval --and sworn in ???

Oh come on, ginjag, asking questions you know people can't answer for obvious reasons - the last refuge of a desperate junta punter......................coffee1.gif

Give a certain amount of credit due when it is due, this is not one of those occasions, Thailand should be sceptical about the direction the country is taking, reconciliation of what, there will be no reconciliation, the population is just as divided as before, you can not ask through printed matter that everyone become warm and fuzzy towards each other, people have made their own minds up, nothing is being commented or acted on because of being muted by the point of a gun. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Actually, more than just rule by superior firepower and threat of legal repercussion are in play. There are also the various schemes involving government largess extended to a wide swath of former Shinawatra constituents in the countryside. So it is a kind of carrot-stick approach, based partially on the unhappy assumption that voter loyalty is easily purchased and ideology is largely irrelevant. If half of the population is happy with (or at least quietly accepting of) ongoing activities, more-vocal or active opposition are suppressed, the remainder are appeased and "news" remains determinedly optimistic - mission accomplished: reconciliation, of a sort, and maybe the only sort that can be realistically expected.

• Like 2

Full approval from whom?

Try not to bait, nuff said.......................you know so why try to get a poster banned, by goading a reply.

I'm not baiting, I'm asking a serious question; who gave this PM full approval? If you can't answer it then your post is nonsense.

Oh come on, ginjag, asking questions you know people can't answer for obvious reasons - the last refuge of a desperate junta punter......................coffee1.gif

Oh come on Fab4, it was put to me, someone is fiddling with posts here and deleting the original.................I was baited by your colleague , to name WHO ?? look at the posts again.

Hey Bruce # 17. you see now. please read all, I couldn't answer him for the reason you stated----OK now ??/ sorry you overlooked that remark by Hey Bruce.

Oh, so you meant he was approved by the monarchy. Why didn't you say so? There are no forum rules preventing you from stating that you prefer monarchy to democracy.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter who is in govt and how different their attitude and politics are from the previous lot there's one constant and that's in who is appointed and how.

There will always be patronage, looking after friends and family and appointing people who can be relied on to agree with everything the boss says.

In too many cases intelligence and ability isn't a prerequisite.

As an example consider Chalerm and others in the last govt and the current Minister of Tourism.

If it wasn't for connections they would they ever have been appointed ?

There probably always will be patronage in government appointments, but in a democratic system the voters can change to people who do the appointing.

It doesn't matter who is in govt and how different their attitude and politics are from the previous lot there's one constant and that's in who is appointed and how.

There will always be patronage, looking after friends and family and appointing people who can be relied on to agree with everything the boss says.

As an example consider Chalerm and others in the last govt and the current Minister of Tourism.

There probably always will be patronage in government appointments, but in a democratic system the voters can change to people who do the appointing.

What democratic system here in Thailand ??? They have no idea and the politicians haven't, Thai style yes.

Full approval from whom?

Try not to bait, nuff said.......................you know so why try to get a poster banned, by goading a reply.

I'm not baiting, I'm asking a serious question; who gave this PM full approval? If you can't answer it then your post is nonsense.

so far according to national polls the current PM gets up to 80% of the Thai peoples approval

maybe you have another source ? if you do then post it otherwise it's just another nonsense post from you

These polls are nonsense. The poll sample is community leaders, not the general population, and the polling organization was started one week before the coup, and run by someone who states on his linked in page that he works for the Royal Thai Army.

It does not get any more propagandist than this.

• Like 1

Full approval from whom?

so far according to national polls the current PM gets up to 80% of the Thai peoples approval

maybe you have another source ? if you do then post it otherwise it's just another nonsense post from you

Ah ! That makes it allright. The party of the previous PM received 265 out of 500 seats and led to a government with 300 seats, yet she had to go.

Now "opinion poles" are used to provide justification.

Can't have the total elligble Thai electorate have a say, as that approval rate would prove to be bolloney.

Ah ! That makes it allright. The party of the previous PM received 265 out of 500 seats and led to a government with 300 seats, yet she had to go.

Can't have the total elligble Thai electorate have a say, as that approval rate would prove to be bolloney.

The whole bleeding lot had to go-not just her. diabolical lousy governing---that's why. Protests and army have had their say.

Had the Shins used their brains they would still had been there-----nothing to do with elections. Doris Day--song ' What-ever will be will be.'

Full approval from whom?

Full approval from the NLA. But, the NLA was selected by the NCPO. But wasn't the PM also head of the NCPO? I think the fix was in....

Why not learn how to delete posts off the quoted amount. ?? save the rubbish replies--jumbled up to hell.

With this post posters do not know who your answering. I want to be on all apologists ignore list.

Your argument is so weak that now you have resorted to criticizing the format of the replies?

Please try to delete some of the posts before your reply---too much of a jumble sale.----the reply system is easy---trying to help you. Blank out the first 2, (cut) then post OK.

What democratic system here in Thailand ??? They have no idea and the politicians haven't, Thai style yes.

Currently there is no democracy in Thailand. Before there was a monitored election and a legitimate elected government.

The whole bleeding lot had to go-not just her. diabolical lousy governing---that's why. Protests and army have had their say.

Had the Shins used their brains they would still had been there-----nothing to do with elections. Doris Day--song ' What-ever will be will be.'

You mean protesters gave the army an excuse. Either way democracy is gone and Thailand currently has a dictatorship, which seems to please some people.

And instead of letting the Thai electorate decide if they want to get rid of PT, the militairy decided it for them. And now you lot are boosting opinion poles as justification which in itself is so outrageous that anything you say will not be taken seriously. Carry on, carry on. With supporters such as you the Junta doesn't need any enemies.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 2