Disgusted by multinational group attitude

SOMeTOM

It's been years like that, when you mention it to the staff, they look at it and then they start doing whatever they where doing before without caring the least....

I understand we are in an underdeveloped country, but i would expect a bit more interest in basic hygiene by a company with his headquarters in UK.....

post-193352-0-87615400-1415006977_thumb.

post-193352-0-53320000-1415007082_thumb.

Yes Draftvader, countless of times, what the manager/manageress will do, it's simply take another identical product and give it to you......putting back your unwanted item back on that shelf hoping for the next (unlucky) customer to possibly have a sight deficiency or something i guess....

While HQ will not even reply to you.

• Like 2

Best advice? Don't shop there. Take your THB elsewhere. I was shopping in Foodland the other day buying Zucchini. The checkout girl spotted they were slightly soft so arranged for them to be swapped. I only buy non-perishable items in Tesco.

i am starting to think this is a good sign, no preservatives or other crap that kills living things but as you all know by now i am different

probably and most likely perfectly edible

check the date? not that that means a thing in thailand

Edited by infinity11

This can happen, no reason to get mental about it... op, you should take a deep look at your self, it's not normal to freak out over a few beetles in a pack of noodles you haven't bought.

Edit: Looking closer at your avatar; you seem to be overly hygiene - conscious, this roots maybe in a traumatic experience during your anal stage.

Edited by Chonburiram
  • Like 1

I was just wondering how comes than an apologist of some sort wouldn't show up yet, here we are.........

Yes it can happen, but when these things becomes a regular habit and whom bring it up is made to be the only real inconvenience , then i am afraid it's something really different from what you imagined, don't you think so?

I was just wondering how comes than an apologist of some sort wouldn't show up yet, here we are.........

Yes it can happen, but when these things becomes a regular habit and whom bring it up is made to be the only real inconvenience , then i am afraid it's something really different from what you imagined, don't you think so?

One wonders why you always reach out for the longest Noodle known to mankind, next time try Maccheroni...

Yes, that's my experience too Namdocmai, but usually the blamed item doesn't go back straight on the shelf where it came from....i don't blame the producers/importers for it, but an unspecified seller for his irresponsibility in selling it on this way, without even specify on the package how often they feeds those little moving bugs,

I was shopping in Foodland the other day buying Zucchini.

The checkout girl spotted they were slightly soft so arranged for them to be swapped.

There's nothing I hate more than when my zucchini goes soft and some girl checking it out wants to swap mine with a different zucchini... sad.png

Waste of breath.

I dont get the massive problem. Dont buy it, buy another brand, or exchange it.

This should have been fumigated in Italy. Shows how long its been in storage though. How is this stuff treated in Europe? Freezing? Gas?

Once they have chewed into your rice/pasta they lay eggs and seal the hole back up again with a sticky saliva substance.

I am not 100% sure on this but fumigating would have no effect on the eggs and they will hatch when ready, eating through the saliva as a 1st food source.

Very common in Thai rice.

Many disrespectful/ couldn't careless attitude when you asked the staff about the pasta could be from several reasons, 1) they didn't understand what you want them to do because they are not Thai and may be they didn't see the bugs in pasta as a problem. Or they were too nervous to talk to you as a different people from different cultural background. I'm sure if you talked to a normal Thai staff they will remove the products from the shelf.