Motorbike rental prices

gppower

I will spend a few days in Patong a the end of the month. I am thinking about renting a scooter. What is the standard daily or weekly price?

The scooter should be powerful enough to carry two persons, me and my girlfriend, not only around Patong but also to other beaches. What model or engine power should I go for?

I will ask my TG to rent it on her name and documents to reduce scam risks to a minimum but I would appreciate if you could point me to a rental shop you have been happy with.

Some friends from the US were visiting last week, and rented what looked to be a very new Honda PCX150 for 7 days at 300 THB/day.

I think they rented it from a guy outside the Thara Patong hotel on Sawatdirak Rd, near the beach road in Patong. Most scooters are 120-125cc, but the PCX150 is the biggest one you can get, at 150cc. They needed to leave a $100USD deposit, but no passport was required.

Some friends from the US were visiting last week, and rented what looked to be a very new Honda PCX150 for 7 days at 300 THB/day.

I think they rented it from a guy outside the Thara Patong hotel on Sawatdirak Rd, near the beach road in Patong. Most scooters are 120-125cc, but the PCX150 is the biggest one you can get, at 150cc. They needed to leave a $100USD deposit, but no passport was required.

Is demanding a deposit a common practice for motorbike rentals?

Is demanding a deposit a common practice for motorbike rentals?

Some will require an original passport, and won't accept a deposit.

I think those guys are afraid that the bike won't be coming back.

Leaving a deposit, however, is a much better idea.

I forgot to mention that this particular guy near Thara Patong initially quoted 500THB/day, but my friend told him he'd keep looking elsewhere until he got the rate he wanted - 300THB.

PCX price is 250/300 max per day. You can show your passport / driving licience (bike) , but only leave a cash deposit , with reciet. Take photos of bike before you leave shop , with owner knowing , to prove any claims of damage upon return. Ride VERY carefully.

PCX price is 250/300 max per day. You can show your passport / driving licience (bike) , but only leave a cash deposit , with reciet. Take photos of bike before you leave shop , with owner knowing , to prove any claims of damage upon return. Ride VERY carefully.

would you recommend any rental shop? Do you think it is safer if I let my Thai girlfriend rent it on her name?