Thai woman almost eaten by python from her toilet

webfact

Woman almost eaten by python from her toilet
By Coconuts Bangkok

143212595_08d02a29b9_z_1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A woman was almost killed by a python that came out of her toilet last night.

Rampeung Onlamai, 57, had just finished her shower at her home north of Bangkok when a python emerged from her toilet and attempted to drag her down the drain.

Rampeung said the snake sunk its fangs into her right hand and then started pulling her back down toward its toilet nest.

Rampeung defended herself with a nearby broom and called out for her daughter, who rushed to her rescue and pried the python’s head off her hand.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/04/woman-almost-eaten-python-her-toilet

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-04

• Like 2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Samkok district officer Metha Taweekunchai said he’ll order his officers to capture the snake in Rampeung's toilet, so the family can resume using it"

Well that'll be a relief for everyone concerned.

To be honest I didn't think pythons had fangs. Don't they just wrap themselves around their prey and constrict until it's dead?

See below

post-187908-0-43288700-1415098488_thumb.

That's scarier than Ebola! Got my attention for sure.

You wouldn't want to be squatting over the bogger when that snake appeared at ur butt cheeks, would you?

I really don't think I could cope. That snake would be food reviewing ... ME!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Sure it wasn't her husbands recently severed penis

I think that's the most stupid reply of the day if not week.

I would kill them all - had one in my kitchen a week ago.and was thinking today they might come up the toilet.

Edited by Neeranam

From now on I will protect my precious belongings when I sit on the toilet.

I have escaped being severed by the wife, don't want to loose it to a python, even if he is as beautiful as in the photo.

Well, reading your reaction here, after having read your other one about the 'pretty' being assaulted by her police officer BF... Why would a woman want to cut your small piece of pride off? Had mister macho-sexist Costas been unfaithfull, maybe, or had you just been flirting on the phone with some other lady?

"Samkok district officer Metha Taweekunchai said he’ll order his officers to capture the snake in Rampeung's toilet, so the family can resume using it"

Well that'll be a relief for everyone concerned.

To be honest I didn't think pythons had fangs. Don't they just wrap themselves around their prey and constrict until it's dead?

They have a powerful non poison bite for grabbing and holding before restricting.

Any snake experts on here can identify whether this is a Regal Python in the Coconuts picture?

No expert but try this site http://www.siam-info.com/english/snakes_common.html

There are only 2 pythons in TL the reticulated python (which the one in the pix isn't, seen one) and the Burmese Python which it possibly could be with the colors tricked up.

Other than that the photo bears no relation to the story.

The snake may well have taken a tooth hold on her hand.... but it's highly unlikely, without full body constriction, it could have taken her down the latrine.

In addition, how did Khun Rampeung know there was a snake's nest in her loo?

Sounds a bit out of the ordinary to me.

"In addition, how did Khun Rampeung know there was a snake's nest in her loo?"

She found out when it came out and grabbed her, do you really think she would have been there if she had known it was in there ?

A toilet is usually 4 inch drainpipe here and probably a squat toilet. That could handle a very large snake. Snakes do chase rats up the pipes. I recall a school in Phetkasem several years back that had a Pit Viper crawl up through the sewer pipes to the 4th floor and out through the toilet.

• Like 1