How does a PNG (blacklist) stamp look like? Blacklisted or Not?

Perhaps if the boneheaded OP had gone directly to the airport instead of going to immigration in BKK he would have simply paid the overstay fine and boarded his flight!!! NO PROBLEM.

QUESTION: Why do guys think they need to check in at a immigration office because of uberstay before they simply leave the country???

ANSWER: Because they did not check with the dudes on ThaiVisa first. Simple.

Edited by CMCMANGOMAN
  • Like 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't think they would blacklist even serial overstayed.

Although I think frequent blatant disregard for the laws is a good reason.

How many overstays do you have? How long are the overstays?

If truly blacklisted, I would suspect something else is going on.

4 long overstays. 3 times over 300 days each time and 1 time about 200 days.

Deported 2 times, but "volontary deported", never been looked up, only 1 day at IDC each time

Lost passport every time

Forgive me for a personal note but your overstay record shows a clear lack of respect for Thailand and its laws. It appears you view Thai immigration law with contempt. It smacks of western arrogance.

If you re-enter do you have the slightest intention of complying with the length of stay granted? It would be a hard sell to me. Up to immigrations to admit or not. There are much worse offenses of course.

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

Wow. You've overstayed more than 3 years, on 4 separate instances. And you 'lost' your passport every time? That's certainly a suspicious pattern that, if I were a judge, would make me inclined to discourage your return to the scene of your repeated offenses.---garryinhuahin.

Yes Garry & add on to that, the fact that the OP has just 7 post, & you may get a clearer picture...... its not April already is it.....coffee1.gif

*The 1 April 1992 broadcast of National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation revealed that Richard Nixon, in a surprise move, was running for President again.

His new campaign slogan was, "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again." Accompanying this announcement were audio clips of Nixon delivering his candidacy speech.

Listeners responded viscerally to the announcement, flooding the show with calls expressing shock and outrage.

• Like 2

Perhaps if the boneheaded OP had gone directly to the airport instead of going to immigration in BKK he would have simply paid the overstay fine and boarded his flight!!! NO PROBLEM.

QUESTION: Why do guys think they need to check in at a immigration office because of uberstay before they simply leave the country???

Wrong! Because of lost passport I had to go to immigration to get new entry stamp in new emergancy passport, when I went to do that (I had a embassy staff who is native thai speaker with me) they said I had to go to IDC so they could make investigation because of lost passport and long overstay. So it would have been impossible for me to leave the county without going trough IDC.

If I had not lost passport I would have gone straigth to airport ofcourse

Seems like the dudes at thaivisa don´t know everything, yes ;)

• Like 2

If I read your post right every time you overstayed was because you lost your passport? Thats why you went to immigration to pay fine and get emergency travel document---why did you not just apply for replacement passport at your embassy here in Thailand? Then could have just gone to airport paid fine and left. Let us know what the Thai Visa Service says about if your blacklisted or not. Immigration could bar you for a year, 3, 5, or life.

If I read your post right every time you overstayed was because you lost your passport? Thats why you went to immigration to pay fine and get emergency travel document---why did you not just apply for replacement passport at your embassy here in Thailand? Then could have just gone to airport paid fine and left. Let us know what the Thai Visa Service says about if your blacklisted or not. Immigration could bar you for a year, 3, 5, or life.

When losing passport you need to get a new entry stamp in new passport! You can not go trough immigration at airport with empty passport. Need entry stamp. Embassy gives passport - but need to go to immigration to get stamp.

I have contacted visaservices as suggested and waiting for their reply, will give info when have...

Can you understand why so many foreigners would dislike your behavior with so many long overstays and missing passports? It creates a negative perception toward other visitors here in Thailand. We can all do without this negative perception.

A "negative perception", hmmm. I think Thailand would also benefit from avoiding the same... on a scale of 1 to 100.

We're all individuals, we do not represent anything except ourselves. Generalizing and stigmatizing denotes little intelligence.

Wrong! Because of lost passport I had to go to immigration to get new entry stamp in new emergancy passport, when I went to do that (I had a embassy staff who is native thai speaker with me) they said I had to go to IDC so they could make investigation because of lost passport and long overstay. So it would have been impossible for me to leave the county without going trough IDC.

If I had not lost passport I would have gone straigth to airport ofcourse

Seems like the dudes at thaivisa don´t know everything, yes ;)

Wrong you are my overstay friend. I have personal experience in this matter. I lost my passport for 1 year+. I was building a house and it was honestly misplaced. I was actually too busy to leave my building project to be bothered with 90 day, or to extend my retirement visa. My Thai builder was stealing me blind ever time I left the property. I said screw it, I'll deal with immigration later.

A year and a few months later after the house project was finished I went to my embassy and acquired an emergency travel passport with a police report statement of loss. Then I booked a flight to Laos to get a new non-o visa based on retirement.

At the airport they checked my new emergency travel passport and... (read carefully here) the photo copy I always keep of my original passport! (This is not a new idea) Then I simply paid my fine and left. The guys at the desk actually said, "Mai pen rai". Came back to Swampy after a refreshing few days of beer drinking and lounging by the hotel pool in Venetian. The Thai consolate in V. Was a breeze.

So you see, the thaivisa dudes have almost seen and done everything and it can be safely said that there is nothing new under the sun at Thaivisa. We've seen and done it all. Amen!

on reading his thread I have to agree with what has bee said . that is i doubt that you are blacklisted and it is a waste of money checking on it. you are better off to apply for a visa and if granted fly here, If refused entry go to the Philippines and spend your time there

You are one of the guys who make it hard for the rest of us. Why should Thailand let you back in, and why should I care?

If it was just once for a "reasonable" amount of time... But you are a serial overstayer and I hope they keep you out.

Cheers.

Don't be such a stuffed shirt,he hasn't made in harder for anyone except himself.
  • Like 1

Respectively, you are the type of Intl traveler that govt's immigration are looking for as a "No Fly due to Immigrations Issues".

You are the low hanging fruit which they have evicted before problems occur.

Summary --- follow the immigration law or be barred. The airlines will not allow you on their plane or if they do it's at their cost to return you. ThaiVisa might be able to help remove your name from the list but I guarantee it will occur again and you'll have another excuse.

I don't approve of people repeatedly breaking an easy law to follow but he seems to be seeking legal advice from the people here. Good advice given about consulting a lawyer.

People have cleared 6 year and longer overstays with no problems.

I suspect something else is involved.

Needs legal advice from a lawyer.

But before spending money on a lawyer make sure its nothing obvious.

If only overstay, then money will probably solve it.

Getting deported twice and walked to the gate seems extreme for someone turning himself in and offering to pay the fine.

Wrong you are my overstay friend. I have personal experience in this matter. I lost my passport for 1 year+. I was building a house and it was honestly misplaced. I was actually too busy to leave my building project to be bothered with 90 day, or to extend my retirement visa. My Thai builder was stealing me blind ever time I left the property. I said screw it, I'll deal with immigration later.

A year and a few months later after the house project was finished I went to my embassy and acquired an emergency travel passport with a police report statement of loss. Then I booked a flight to Laos to get a new non-o visa based on retirement.

At the airport they checked my new emergency travel passport and... (read carefully here) the photo copy I always keep of my original passport! (This is not a new idea) Then I simply paid my fine and left. The guys at the desk actually said, "Mai pen rai". Came back to Swampy after a refreshing few days of beer drinking and lounging by the hotel pool in Venetian. The Thai consolate in V. Was a breeze.

So you see, the thaivisa dudes have almost seen and done everything and it can be safely said that there is nothing new under the sun at Thaivisa. We've seen and done it all. Amen!

Well ok I am happy that it did work for you that way. I just know how its was for me. I did as my embassy adviced me to do. The embassy assistant handels this kind of problems with overstayers every day, he went with me to immigration but it could not be done without going to IDC. That´s all I know!

Maybe there is better ways than the embassy´s but at the time they were my best and only option!

When I went to court there was more guys from austria and singapore with same problem. Overstay and lost passport, they also went to IDC on embassys advice so I am not the only one who done it this way.

But as we all know. Thailand is thailand. What works for me today maybe not works for you tomorrow.

• Like 1

andiso,

What's done is done, you can't change the past, only your future actions.

Your concern is if they'll let you into Thailand again. You will find out the answer to this question when you appear at immigration on your next arrival at the border of Thailand.

Even if you spend serious money you will not find out for sure until they stamp your passport and let you into Thailand.

In your shoes I would get a new (renewed passport) then apply for a tourist visa to Thailand. If the tourist visa is granted I would book a flight to Thailand and take my chances knowing full well I may be denied entry into Thailand based on my past history. This is the only way you will know for sure.

On a side note - there are many businesses and cons who will lighten your pocketbook with promises and guarantees, but they want their money up front. They will not deliver. If you get into Thailand they will claim it was on the basis of their efforts. If you are denied entry they will say they did their best but your abuse of the system provided an insurmountable obstacle. So save your money.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

• Like 2

Well ok I am happy that it did work for you that way. I just know how its was for me. I did as my embassy adviced me to do. The embassy assistant handels this kind of problems with overstayers every day, he went with me to immigration but it could not be done without going to IDC. That´s all I know!

Maybe there is better ways than the embassy´s but at the time they were my best and only option!

When I went to court there was more guys from austria and singapore with same problem. Overstay and lost passport, they also went to IDC on embassys advice so I am not the only one who done it this way.

It is known that embassies recommend to visit immigration offices before leaving but it is also known that also often results in detention as in your case.

It's easy to talk in hindsight but the best approach could be indeed straight to airport or land border. If one is ready to pay the fine normally they will facilitate it, as it's even less work for them.

• Like 2

Why don't you just phone up immigration and ask them ?

Explain you had a couple of overstays in the past and the situation with the temporary passport being kept by immigration on arrival back home so you can't see the stamp they put in your passport.

Edited by ukrules

It is known that embassies recommend to visit immigration offices before leaving but it is also known that also often results in detention as in your case.

It's easy to talk in hindsight but the best approach could be indeed straight to airport or land border. If one is ready to pay the fine normally they will facilitate it, as it's even less work for them.

I think because my relatives had sent the money for my fine and ticket home to the embassy, the embassy wanted to make sure I got home for sure so they wouldent just give me the money and send me to the airport. The embassy paid everything, I never saw any money, they just took care of everything and told me what to do...

When I went to IDC everyone was really friendly so I am suprised no one said anything about blacklist there, but maybe the blacklistning came later in court!? In court they only speak thai and there were no translation! There were alot of us in court at the same time, farangs and thai´s, and the judge came, said something and was gone...

Don´t seems so legally secure to sentence people who does not understand why or to what they are senteced. But I don´t follow rules so why should they, I understand!

Why don't you just phone up immigration and ask them ?

Explain you had a couple of overstays in the past and the situation with the temporary passport being kept by immigration on arrival back home so you can't see the stamp they put in your passport.

Yes that was one of my original questions if thats possible to do so? But will try that on monday, just have to wake up early cuz Thailand are 6h before sweden. Good advice, and logical...thanks

You can try but I don't really see how one can just "phone immigration", is not like they are there to inform anonymous callers about any person's legal situation, in fact the entire blacklisting situation and possible remedies are shrouded in a bit of secrecy.

I wouldn't think they would blacklist even serial overstayed.

Although I think frequent blatant disregard for the laws is a good reason.

How many overstays do you have? How long are the overstays?

If truly blacklisted, I would suspect something else is going on.

4 long overstays. 3 times over 300 days each time and 1 time about 200 days.

Deported 2 times, but "volontary deported", never been looked up, only 1 day at IDC each time

Lost passport every time

sucha law braker on visa laws should not be kicked out,

he should be shooted out !!

• Like 1

I once had a less than 24 hour overstay. The better part of a decade ago and it was only six hours. I even paid the money to get an extension and they gave me 1 day less than the flight I booked and it was within 7 days. There were a few stamps in my passport because of this and one filled with lots of Thai writing that said something like "The person overstayed less than 24 hours" and some in red text too. It was not intended and never ever did I allow myself to be caught short again.

No fine or (even the threat of a) ban but that was a different time. I think we where still paying airport tax when we left the country.

It just seems like a lot of hassles when there are few choices of visa that are still relatively easy to obtain. At the very least a tourist visa... a few days overstay fine would probably pay for the visa. I think there is a lot of sympathy for people that have been using visas and exemptions that have been turned away or had issues at the airports and other borders. They where following the previous rules, which have recently changed. However, if people don't even worry about following the rules then, that is another story. It allows the powers that be to point the finger and say, "Look at those foreigners taking advantage of our generous hospitality, we will need to have more regulations and restrictions!" Of course, it's only a problem for the people that do follow the rules.