Two Nigerian men arrested in Pattaya for duping Thai women to wire them money

webfact

The article does not make sense. Firstly how can the police state that they have duped Thai females out of 100,00baht when no one has come forward and made an official complaint? Basically they have assumed this. They are assuming this is the case because they found two bank books in Thai female names with money withdrawn from them. So why does this necessarily mean these Thai girls have been duped? I know Farang who have set up Thai eBay accounts in Thai names and traded on them as a third party account selling perfectly legitimate products and paying a commission for the service. If you read the full story the police are asking for these so called duped Thai people to come forward and yet no one has. Amazing how these trigger happy police can assume a scenario and release it to the press as gospel.

I'm sorry but if you are dumb enough to send money like this, you deserve to lose it.

Preying on the naivety of Thai women! Two sacks of shit, whether Nigerian, Russian, Western or whatever. I do not think the Thai women deserve this. Not at all.

I hope these guys do some hard time before being deported.

Criminals should be put to work on a tread mill, to generate electricity, to pay for the cost of their incarceration.

Read the facts mate, no duped Thai women have come forward and made any complaint. The police are assuming this is what has happened.

I bett the average Thai woman has never heard of the Nigerian criminals. the thugs should be transported to the Bangkok Hilton female ward. with no possibility of ever coming out.

By the way, what Thai women do to foreigners has little to do with this.

I'm sorry but if you are dumb enough to send money like this, you deserve to lose it.

Some folk have to be looked after more than others, their sales pitch is somewhat comical for most of us but not for these ladies - I rather doubt they deserve to be fleeced. Life is a journey of learning, have had my trust betrayed like many others.

Are these scams a criminal offence in Thailand - or anywhere?

Thai women chat with guys online and ask them to send money promising all kinds of stuff even though many have no intention of fulfilling those promises (some obviously do). Would that then be illegal too?

Lets say a women asks a guy to send 50k for visa and plane tickets for her to travel to his country, but she never buys tickets and just keeps the money. Can she be arrested for that? (Serious question)

Been going on for many years these scams by Nigerians. A church leader in a Tongan or Fiji church in Auckland sent all the church money to scammers, believing they needed money to pay off officials to release an box/case containing millions of US$ that their father a village chief left them. Also a lawyer was duped. They offer to transfer the money into your account for you to keep 40% and keep the rest for them when they get their visa.

People who fall for this deserve what they lose.

that church leader should be demoted to toilet stain removal duties

Been going on for many years these scams by Nigerians. A church leader in a Tongan or Fiji church in Auckland sent all the church money to scammers, believing they needed money to pay off officials to release an box/case containing millions of US$ that their father a village chief left them. Also a lawyer was duped. They offer to transfer the money into your account for you to keep 40% and keep the rest for them when they get their visa.

that church leader should be demoted to toilet stain removal duties

surely, you mean promoted

I feel sorry for the women that have fallen for this scam. Just because they are silly enough or greedy enough to fall for it doesnt mean they deserve it or that it is right. Same for all the fools with brains in their trousers who get conned by women. They cant help it if their brains are in the wrong place. Conning people out of their life savings isnt right, nobody deserves it.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the women that have fallen for this scam. Just because they are silly enough or greedy enough to fall for it doesnt mean they deserve it or that it is right. Same for all the fools with brains in their trousers who get conned by women. They cant help it if their brains are in the wrong place. Conning people out of their life savings isnt right, nobody deserves it.

And where do you think half of these women got their money, no it is not right I agree, but stupidness is not a defence

Never thought I would see a Thai women send money to any male.

This old scam has been kicking around for a long time yet people getting duped all the time cant they understand

Nigeria spells scammer how they pass off some of these scams is beyond me, on TV last week in NZ some old duck in her sixties lost all her money to a young Nigerian who she thought loved him Aussie and Nigerian police actually caught this scumbag.

And where do you think half of these women got their money, no it is not right I agree, but stupidness is not a defence

Stupidness is a west indian noun which relates to the way someone talks not the way they act..........Stupidity is what Farang who think every woman in Thailand is a hooker are blessed with

You don't honestly think they target bar girls do you?

Not the best of markets as 95% don't have 50 baht to their names for any longer than a day

Edited by Tanlic

2 nigerians are to be charged,what about the 2million thai women that have done the same scam.

Have you any evidence of 2 million Thai women being involved in the same scam? Didn't think so.

i just managed to count back a few yrs.of thai visa members that had fallen for itlaugh.png the battery in my calculator run out whistling.gif

• Like 1

Is there still one person on this planet who is not yet aware of the Nigerian scam?

How naive must you be to give someone money to receive money?

I am quite sure they didnt tell anybody on Social media they were Nigerians !!! biggrin.png

The 2 unscrupulous Thai ladies who opened accounts for them most likely knew though eh ?

Im free to scam you, as your statement suggest.

Perhaps, the time has come to revoke Tourist VISA privileges to Nigerians. 99% of the Planet is aware of the Nigerian 419 Scam. Nigeria is the "Poster Child" of Africa's Corruption as it is basically a Nation of scammers. I am in no way racist, I am a realist. There has not been a week gone by without reading or hearing about Thai's getting scammed by Nigerians. That should apply to other Criminal Element Nationals also, that visit the Kingdom regardless where they come from. Thailand has become a hub of illegal operations for Boiler Room operations (Call Centers) to criminal gangs that use electronic card skimmers to clean out ATM's to wireless miniature camera setups at ATM's watching pass codes keyed in. I believe that organized criminal activity has actually increased since the coup rather than decrease. Since the Kingdom remains under Martial Law, should not criminals such as these be tried in Military Courts, where penalties are harsher and the Foreign violator's banned for life after receiving Justice. Or, take a look at Singapore's Administrative Punishment for violators of the Law and their answer is "caning". That's right! 10 to 20 lashes across the bare buttocks while strapped to a large cross buck. No, it is not Medieval, Cruel and unusual, blah,blah,blah. It is Society's Justice for criminal activity. Then sit back watch the crime rate drop as the criminal element now aware of their potential punishment decides if the impending crime is worth it. thumbsup.gif

WHAT? They sent money to someone they have never met because they are greedy. Give your heads a shake.

These scams are made for dumb and greedy people. I have 0 sympathy and I find it funny.

Perhaps seek a 2nd opinion before sending funds you dummies.

Sir, You sound like a bully.

First time I saw this scam was around 20 years ago, hard to believe it is still alive and working.

The other one I like is the African Princess Oguanga Melenge from the little known African country Lloongo who's Dictator Father just passed away leaving several bank accountants in Switzerland with Millions of dollars and gold. The Daughter cannot leave the country to get the money so she kindly asks you to wire her some 100,000 dollars so she can go and get the money, she will pay you back with a million dollars.

She will send the money in Cash Painted Black, all you need to do is apply a special ink to make the black color go away....

Edited by AlQaholic

• 3 weeks later...