Poll: Most Thais support NCPO

Lite Beer

Martial law---where, and how is it affecting those who are going about their everyday lives, It is in place to guard against this disruptive 10-20%

Your second sentence is way OTT, even down to a joke. If you are of a terrorist nature/o crazily disruptive Sure question them for a week.

Get used to it----settle down don't get your knickers in a twist it's only the Thai peoples army a collection of Thai people.---who did not want anymore control by the Shins.

Thailand: Grim outlook for human rights after a month of ...

There appears to be no end in sight to violations of a range of human rights months after martial law was declared in Thailand, Amnesty International warned today.

Since the military declared martial law on 20 May 2014, the rights to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly have been harshly restricted and extended powers of detention have resulted in some 511 individuals including political activists being arbitrarily detained, though most were held for a few days.

“Sacrificing human rights for political expediency is never a price worth paying – Thailand’s National Council for Peace and Order must ensure that the rights to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly are protected. They must stop arbitrary detentions and prosecutions of peaceful critics,” said Richard Bennett, Asia-Pacific Director at Amnesty International.

Hey please do not BS me with only one side of it---Human rights have hounded the Thai government for donkey's years------As for the Thaksin drug slaughter of near 3,000 and no drug barons killed only small traders, selling buying on the streets. This was Thaksins way to quieten the international media. Amazing you slag off this 5 months of PM.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how many of the Thais will support the NCPO after the Japanese investors pulls out of Thailand as they are now threatening with? (as mention today in the other big news paper that we are not allowed to link to from here)

Maybe the Japanese are still seething with the complete negligence of PTP during the flooding, and even after care of it. They do not muck about when it comes to big YEN.

Martial law---where, and how is it affecting those who are going about their everyday lives, It is in place to guard against this disruptive 10-20%

Your second sentence is way OTT, even down to a joke. If you are of a terrorist nature/o crazily disruptive Sure question them for a week.

Get used to it----settle down don't get your knickers in a twist it's only the Thai peoples army a collection of Thai people.---who did not want anymore control by the Shins.

There appears to be no end in sight to violations of a range of human rights months after martial law was declared in Thailand, Amnesty International warned today.

Since the military declared martial law on 20 May 2014, the rights to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly have been harshly restricted and extended powers of detention have resulted in some 511 individuals including political activists being arbitrarily detained, though most were held for a few days.

“Sacrificing human rights for political expediency is never a price worth paying – Thailand’s National Council for Peace and Order must ensure that the rights to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly are protected. They must stop arbitrary detentions and prosecutions of peaceful critics,” said Richard Bennett, Asia-Pacific Director at Amnesty International.

Hey please do not BS me with only one side of it---Human rights have hounded the Thai government for donkey's years------As for the Thaksin drug slaughter of near 3,000 and no drug barons killed only small traders, selling buying on the streets. This was Thaksins way to quieten the international media. Amazing you slag off this 5 months of PM.

You state,

Martial law---where, and how is it affecting those who are going about their everyday lives,

I answer with an article describing exactly how martial law is affecting people going about their everyday lives.

You respond with.....

Drug war nonsense.

You win, I concede based on the following reasoning,

Never argue with fools, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Wonder how many of the Thais will support the NCPO after the Japanese investors pulls out of Thailand as they are now threatening with? (as mention today in the other big news paper that we are not allowed to link to from here)

Maybe the Japanese are still seething with the complete negligence of PTP during the flooding, and even after care of it. They do not muck about when it comes to big YEN.

Click on the website and read the article.

It is very explicit what is causing the angst.

It is also clear who the Japanese are wary of as he also refers back to 2007 when another coup government began making the same noises about foreign ownership.

The article also seems to imply the Japanese were told last time that that coup would be the last one so their investments are safe.

If the yellows scare away Thailand's biggest investor, the country will be stuffed.

These anti-democrat Yellows are destroying this nation on a much grander scale than one can imagine.

• Like 1

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Perhaps people don't put much on their profile because they are not conceited enough to believe people would be interested in it,What are you suggesting they are blank for ? Sounds very double think to me , the Juntas obviously having an influence

I respect your beliefs buddy but I have mine also and i am not allowed to express them. This is only my place of abode I am not a Thai and never will be, imo it would be wrong for me to support a military regime as it would be in my own country. Can you imagine if this happened in your own country and their were loads of non citizens saying what a wonderful event the overthrowing of an elected Government was ,

PROFILES--conceited ??? because they put their age nationality gender ???. to say that is ridiculous.

The Pm has no influence if you do not have any guilt.

At the time Mrs Thatchers lot were grounded and a clean up was needed I would have said if no other way was possible, Intervention SURE.

Your last sentence explains to me your in full denial of facts---lousy governance caused this problem --elections could never be held until Thailand made progress into the clean up.

Overthrowing an elected BUT undemocratic governing is correct no matter what country you come from. IN Thailands case elections could never solve this BS. If you think otherwise you have a problem Mr, Pratt.--(you chose the name not me)

I meant life stories not the basic facts

So you would have supported a Military intervention by Thatcher ?, Jesus Christ. What are your thoughts about Pol Pot , Mao, Noriega, Batista, Pinochet, Mussolini ect . Their countries were in mess as well at time of Coup d'etat , I'm sure that people in those countries as well though it was necessary but then "Heavens" look what it evolved into

freedom of expression and speech is a very basic right in a democratic society , suppressing that is one of the first things all fascist and communist regimes do , why ? because it is the first act of subjugating the masses and choking opposition. "if we do not learn from our mistakes we are doomed to repeat them"

Just put him on ignore. The man's a nutcase. When people reply to him and quote him, it can end up showing his post. Can everyone stop wasting my life and stop quoting this maniac?

He was an amusing aside at first, now he's just plain annoying.

You state,

Martial law---where, and how is it affecting those who are going about their everyday lives,

I answer with an article describing exactly how martial law is affecting people going about their everyday lives.

You respond with.....

Drug war nonsense.

You win, I concede based on the following reasoning,

Never argue with fools, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Your subject amnesty----I with human rights---so what is your point they are near of the same barrel -----Most of your posts can be voiced as off topic --allow me a little le way to compare certain Human needs and requirements.

They shot themselves in the foot--and had to go.

How can a confident good governing government be taken out by a minority ??? if it was good the army would never have intervened---and secondly if they had control where on earth were the Thaksin police force----doing a usual runner as they were trained to collect money at road blocks---look up the numbers of the R Thai Police. ??? then reply--------the fact is they blew it big time and you coming on here posting BS--get real---amnesty---rice---tablets--floods--infrastructure---Yingluck out the country when things got serious---clocks----China rice sale----non paid farmers---But But But---the PM now is not very good ?????? pleassseee.

Q - How can a government be taken out by a minority?

A - When the minority is in control of the nations arsenal and the "independent" institutions such as the courts and electoral commission.

Your way out --sure.

If the country were governed with super governance--Thailand on up---people happy--corruption down---and not ruled from Dubai---the army would be content--the courts would be content and the ECommission had not elections to overlook----Then no problems for any of the mentioned.

people happy--army allowance happy--courts functioning properly--EC near redundant through no work Happy...........

You see it had nothing to do with guns-or institutions------UNLESS YOU ROCK THE BOAT.

How can a confident good governing government be taken out by a minority ??? if it was good the army would never have intervened---and secondly if they had control where on earth were the Thaksin police force----doing a usual runner as they were trained to collect money at road blocks---look up the numbers of the R Thai Police. ??? then reply--------the fact is they blew it big time and you coming on here posting BS--get real---amnesty---rice---tablets--floods--infrastructure---Yingluck out the country when things got serious---clocks----China rice sale----non paid farmers---But But But---the PM now is not very good ?????? pleassseee.

A - When the minority is in control of the nations arsenal and the "independent" institutions such as the courts and electoral commission.

Your way out --sure.

If the country were governed with super governance--Thailand on up---people happy--corruption down---and not ruled from Dubai---the army would be content--the courts would be content and the ECommission had not elections to overlook----Then no problems for any of the mentioned.

people happy--army allowance happy--courts functioning properly--EC near redundant through no work Happy...........

You see it had nothing to do with guns-or institutions------UNLESS YOU ROCK THE BOAT.

indecipherable!

Terrorists dont care much for any laws never mind Martial Law, as you can read almost daily, the ones in the South don't seem to be too inconvenienced nor pertubed by the current imposition of Martial Law.

And the RTA along with the current and previous Government hasnt stopped the violence either, and this weeks free assault rifles for protection is another cracker!!

the violence on the streets in Bangkok for 8 months happened with the RTA deployed which quite a few posters tend to have conveniently forgotten!!

The junta Did stop the violence in Bangkok indeed, not through brute force, but by removing the opportunities for further confrontation. And that was a master stroke indeed, when your itching for a fight and there's no one outside to fight with, most people just go home, the redshirt undesirables did the same thing.

In the immediate weeks there were lots of reports of weapons seizures but nothing much these days, if the reds claimed to have a million guns and tens of thousands ready to go to war, I'm pretty sure we would have read about sweeping arrests in these areas, with detentions in their thousands, maybe I missed it?

For the posters to keep making the claims the country was at the brink of civil war, do you honestly believe that the RTA stopped it without a single shot fired, and yet it's not gaining significant ground down South? Does anyone else see something seriously not adding up here?

10's of thousands of redshirted lunatics ready to die for their cause, and not a single firefight standing up for their beliefs? And yet a single southern insurgent will do his best to kill as many as he possibly can for his cause, which by all accounts isn't / wasnt much different to that of the red shirts?

I don't think I've read anywhere here by the usual suspects of punishing the very same Thais and yes, they are Thais as well as Muslims when they talk about secession in wanting their own authority and state? I do hope that your views on secession are applicable to ALL parts of the country, and the same contempt you have shown for the reds is equally due to the ones wanting the same for the South??

How is it possible to only have 7% -10% of the population anti Junta, when it's no coincidence that many here intimate that it's just the red shirts who are causing all the problems and that it's only 7-10% at that , and yet there's a 10 year war ongoing in the South, where many Muslims want autonomy/secession? And are killing day in, day out for this?

How is this mathematically possible with the current polls and in some members minds?

Are you stating then the southern Muslim dont want a separate state, and that 5000 lives lost is just because they're lunatics? But they're Thais, and they should be included in statistics, I actually believe that some posters here dont include the issues and problems in the South, as it doesn't quite fit into their agendas or colours for cheerleading.

• Like 1

Your way out --sure.

Ginjag my dear old chap, please, please, please can you post without any punctuation marks and I'll add my own. I'm getting a heafache trying to read your posts :)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I love reading ginjag's posts:

You fail to see what you not want to see. Thai people--you underestimate them when they get angry you do not try to stop them-sure.

How would they do it--Suthep style. The army would back down if they were in that position and the PM knows it. that is why he is keeping most Thais reasonably happy, those not happy are the ones that will always oppose the same as the minority on TVF.

The poll is the topic, have you noticed that because the polls show vast support for the PM TVF minority say they are rigged. Remember those polls that showed Yingluck in the lead---never rigged-----see how it works on this forum.

Right, who needs democracy and elections when you can have street mobs choosing the government? Though I'm not sure who would stage the coup if the street mobs were against a military government.

Why should Thais have to go to the polls when there is not an urgent need. When asked to they will go. Problem for you guys is that Thais are everyday getting more aware of the past goings on and are actually waiting to see what happens to Yingluck.

Right, no need for an election when we have a government providing martial law, censorship, rule by decree, cheerful propaganda and other things guaranteed to bring happiness to the people.

If Thais are unhappy they WILL revolt, they did early this year and they will again --Thai will collectively have a go at any obstacle. For now go with the flow They were all dodgy polls Shins--PMs now what's new.

The Thai's also revolted in 2010 and called for elections, but that was quashed by the military. No doubt ginjag will assure us they didn't need elections then.

gingjag, the ultimate defender of the people's right to not have democracy.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

Judging by the opinions of the Thai people I live and work with, the results of the poll is perhaps not that far fetched. If you asked them differently, "should the government be ruled through democracy or through dictatorship?" the answer would be democracy, however, most are just happy they can go about their business without the constant protests, bombings and shootings and they are happy they have gotten their money from the rice pledging scheme.

Judging by the opinions of the Thai people I live and work with, the results of the poll is perhaps not that far fetched. If you asked them differently, "should the government be ruled through democracy or through dictatorship?" the answer would be democracy, however, most are just happy they can go about their business without the constant protests, bombings and shootings and they are happy they have gotten their money from the rice pledging scheme.

i think you'll find the bombings are still going on......

I'd say that dichotomising the situation by suggesting one lot was bad therefore other lot is good -is a grossly over simplistic way of looking at things that actually totally ignores the issues arising out of concerns about democratic process and a country with no constitution or opposition.

• Like 2

Your way out --sure.

indecipherable!

Well read it---it is not understandable when it suits ??

Most thais also love prayuth and wany him to be PM forever. Since he is a winner for sure, no election is needed as it can save the nation 2.4 billion each time an election is held.

PM for life? How is that different from dictator for life?

I want to emphasize that I am not calling Prayuth a dictator; that would be against forum rules. Granted he did take power in a military coup, suspend the constitution, dissolve all elected bodies, rules by decree, imposes censorship, bans free speech and is vague about when he will step down or call elections. However the NLA that he appointed elected him as PM, so he is not a dictator.

Actually strictly speaking 'PM forever' is not the same as 'PM for life'. Mind you, ten years or so ago Thaksin was confident TRT could 'rule' for twenty years and with his character he most likely saw himself in the PM during all those years. At his age that would (almost) have been 'for life' rolleyes.gif

At that time he also added some remarks on others things, like land, housing, loan sharks, and more of pressing problems the curent government will now try to tackle as nothing seems to have really improved.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Thaksin-remains-confident-that-TRT-will-rule-for-2-94490.html

Maybe Thai people have some more faith in the NCPO to really tackle these issues and therefor they support the NCPO ermm.gif

PS like you not calling PM Prayut a dictator because that would be against forum rules, I'll refrain from calling you some names. Same reason, not because ... ...

Edited by rubl

Most thais also love prayuth and wany him to be PM forever. Since he is a winner for sure, no election is needed as it can save the nation 2.4 billion each time an election is held.

I want to emphasize that I am not calling Prayuth a dictator; that would be against forum rules. Granted he did take power in a military coup, suspend the constitution, dissolve all elected bodies, rules by decree, imposes censorship, bans free speech and is vague about when he will step down or call elections. However the NLA that he appointed elected him as PM, so he is not a dictator.

Actually strictly speaking 'PM forever' is not the same as 'PM for life'. Mind you, ten years or so ago Thaksin was confident TRT could 'rule' for twenty years and with his character he most likely saw himself in the PM during all those years. At his age that would (almost) have been 'for life' rolleyes.gif

At that time he also added some remarks on others things, like land, housing, loan sharks, and more of pressing problems the curent government will now try to tackle as nothing seems to have really improved.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Thaksin-remains-confident-that-TRT-will-rule-for-2-94490.html

Maybe Thai people have some more faith in the NCPO to really tackle these issues and therefor they support the NCPO ermm.gif

"We win because of our policies make people's lives better,"

PS like you not calling PM Prayut a dictator because that would be against forum rules, I'll refrain from calling you some names. Same reason, not because ... ...

"Mind you, ten years or so ago Thaksin was confident TRT could 'rule' for twenty years and with his character he most likely saw himself in the PM during all those years."

He didn't he say anything about "no election is needed", did he? In fact, he said:

This suggests he expected to continue holding and winning elections.

"Maybe Thai people have some more faith in the NCPO to really tackle these issues and therefor they support the NCPO"

Could be, but with censorship and bogus polling organizations such as Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association being treated as legitimate sources of information, it's impossible to know. Of course the true test of whether the Thai people have faith in the current government would be an election.

"I'll refrain from calling you some names. Same reason, not because ... ..."

Not because....let me guess--you like living under a military government and hate all critics of this kind of government. Right?

• Like 2

"Mind you, ten years or so ago Thaksin was confident TRT could 'rule' for twenty years and with his character he most likely saw himself in the PM during all those years."

He didn't he say anything about "no election is needed", did he? In fact, he said:

"Maybe Thai people have some more faith in the NCPO to really tackle these issues and therefor they support the NCPO"

Could be, but with censorship and bogus polling organizations such as Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association being treated as legitimate sources of information, it's impossible to know. Of course the true test of whether the Thai people have faith in the current government would be an election.

Not because....let me guess--you like living under a military government and hate all critics of this kind of government. Right?

Well, as you wrote in the 'lessons on democracy' Thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them. At the same time he just repeats his promises.

PS wrong. Why should I hate? It's more like pity I feel.

Well, as you wrote in the 'lessons on democracy' Thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them. At the same time he just repeats his promises.

PS wrong. Why should I hate? It's more like pity I feel.

You pity critics of military government. Interesting. I lean more towards respect for these people.

I don't know if I ever wrote "Thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them", though it is undeniably true. I generally focused on the fact that Thaksin shifted some government investment from Bangkok, where almost all of it occurred, to the parts of Thailand where the majority of the people lived. I also pointed out that even if the Shinawatras could be made to completely disappear from Thai politics this approach to winning election was certain to be picked up by other candidates, which would upset the Bangkok elite as much as when Thaksin did it.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

You pity critics of military government. Interesting. I lean more towards respect for these people.

I don't know if I ever wrote "Thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them", though it is undeniably true. I generally focused on the fact that Thaksin shifted some government investment from Bangkok, where almost all of it occurred, to the parts of Thailand where the majority of the people lived. I also pointed out that even if the Shinawatras could be made to completely disappear from Thai politics this approach to winning election was certain to be picked up by other candidates, which would upset the Bangkok elite as much as when Thaksin did it.

Heybruce, you nailed it. When Thaksin is gone and forgotten, someone else will trigger the same emotions.

After all the box that was opened in the North and North-east is never going to be closed. And rightfully so ! As a person with quite a few friends primairly in the provinces of Thailand that once belonged to Laos, I know these people aren't stupid and they will continue to vote for people that they believe have their best interest at heart.

One only needs to have been to issaan 20 years ago and now to see the difference.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1