Poll: Most Thais support NCPO

Lite Beer

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a lot of people don't really grasp the situation in Thailand and to compensate, try to dichotomise the argument - Thaksin bad so anything else good - Obsessing with Thaksin (and supporters) is IMO, is a sign that someone really doesn't understand the current situation in Thailand at all......he may be a symptom or a factor, but he is not the root cause.

Edited by wilcopops

Thaksin is like toothache, until you get it seen to, it's always going to be niggling away at you !!

Some folks here seem to take their "interest" on him way too seriously !!

OK then let's get a good dentist, and get him well and truly filled................Don't forget when he has a problem he always consults the Stars, and looks for guidance. In his private jet he will get a better view.

• Like 1

Try asking the everyday Thais across the country and not the leaders who would say anything to save their own lucrative positions.

Ask the southern Muslim population what they think of the Junta too, I often wonder how many of these "leaders" have daily contact with their community ?

So all is well across the country there's free assault rifles for the South and Tourism is on the up with celebrity selfie week!! ?

Try asking the everyday Thais across the country

Yes I have been doing that since I moved here over 20 years ago. The vast majority of Thais are very happy happy with the NCPO. Just as the polls suggest.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

Terrorists dont care much for any laws never mind Martial Law, as you can read almost daily, the ones in the South don't seem to be too inconvenienced nor pertubed by the current imposition of Martial Law.

And the RTA along with the current and previous Government hasnt stopped the violence either, and this weeks free assault rifles for protection is another cracker!!

the violence on the streets in Bangkok for 8 months happened with the RTA deployed which quite a few posters tend to have conveniently forgotten!!

The junta Did stop the violence in Bangkok indeed, not through brute force, but by removing the opportunities for further confrontation. And that was a master stroke indeed, when your itching for a fight and there's no one outside to fight with, most people just go home, the redshirt undesirables did the same thing.

In the immediate weeks there were lots of reports of weapons seizures but nothing much these days, if the reds claimed to have a million guns and tens of thousands ready to go to war, I'm pretty sure we would have read about sweeping arrests in these areas, with detentions in their thousands, maybe I missed it?

For the posters to keep making the claims the country was at the brink of civil war, do you honestly believe that the RTA stopped it without a single shot fired, and yet it's not gaining significant ground down South? Does anyone else see something seriously not adding up here?

10's of thousands of redshirted lunatics ready to die for their cause, and not a single firefight standing up for their beliefs? And yet a single southern insurgent will do his best to kill as many as he possibly can for his cause, which by all accounts isn't / wasnt much different to that of the red shirts?

I don't think I've read anywhere here by the usual suspects of punishing the very same Thais and yes, they are Thais as well as Muslims when they talk about secession in wanting their own authority and state? I do hope that your views on secession are applicable to ALL parts of the country, and the same contempt you have shown for the reds is equally due to the ones wanting the same for the South??

How is it possible to only have 7% -10% of the population anti Junta, when it's no coincidence that many here intimate that it's just the red shirts who are causing all the problems and that it's only 7-10% at that , and yet there's a 10 year war ongoing in the South, where many Muslims want autonomy/secession? And are killing day in, day out for this?

How is this mathematically possible with the current polls and in some members minds?

Are you stating then the southern Muslim dont want a separate state, and that 5000 lives lost is just because they're lunatics? But they're Thais, and they should be included in statistics, I actually believe that some posters here dont include the issues and problems in the South, as it doesn't quite fit into their agendas or colours for cheerleading.

Seems you are a little confused. You have many questions. Too much time to think about Thailand when working in the middle east? If you spend some more time in Thailand you might get the Thai way of doing things. thumbsup.gif

Amazingly, some people still try to believe that Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association (TRCHA) is a legitimate polling organization. In truth it is an organization that says very little about itself and its polling techniques in its website http://www.masterpoll.net/menu1.html, that registered its "masterpoll.net" web domain one week before the coup on 15 May 2014, and released its first poll on 14 June 2014 http://asiancorrespondent.com/126917/why-are-some-opinion-poll-results-so-positive-of-the-thai-junta/.

In addition to this suspicious timing of events, the name the TRCHA domain is registered in is Noppadon Kannika, who, among other jobs, was "Research Advisor to the Commander in Chief, the Royal Thai Army". He also lists his current employer as the Royal Thai Army.

All of the TRCHA polls have been incredibly positive about anything related to the coup, and information on how the polls are conducted and who pays for them is unavailable.

In summary, anyone who doesn't see the TRCHA as an obvious junta propaganda organization is a fool.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

Try asking the everyday Thais across the country and not the leaders who would say anything to save their own lucrative positions.

Ask the southern Muslim population what they think of the Junta too, I often wonder how many of these "leaders" have daily contact with their community ?

So all is well across the country there's free assault rifles for the South and Tourism is on the up with celebrity selfie week!! ?

Yes I have been doing that since I moved here over 20 years ago. The vast majority of Thais are very happy happy with the NCPO. Just as the polls suggest.

Did you ask them about the NCPO since 20 years ? Amazing considering it was formed in may of this year !

Your remark about the vast majority of Thais lacks evidence, and quite frankly I doubt it to be true, but of course I would think that asking people in say Khon Kaen would get different results than asking people in Surat....

Of course why not put it to the test and hold a general election in a few months so we can see that the vast majority of Thai support the people who lead the country now. I already know the answer and it would be a sound no.

Amazingly, some people still try to believe that Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association (TRCHA) is a legitimate polling organization. In truth it is an organization that says very little about itself and its polling techniques in its website http://www.masterpoll.net/menu1.html, that registered its "masterpoll.net" web domain one week before the coup on 15 May 2014, and released its first poll on 14 June 2014 http://asiancorrespondent.com/126917/why-are-some-opinion-poll-results-so-positive-of-the-thai-junta/.

In addition to this suspicious timing of events, the name the TRCHA domain is registered in is Noppadon Kannika, who, among other jobs, was "Research Advisor to the Commander in Chief, the Royal Thai Army". He also lists his current employer as the Royal Thai Army.

All of the TRCHA polls have been incredibly positive about anything related to the coup, and information on how the polls are conducted and who pays for them is unavailable.

In summary, anyone who doesn't see the TRCHA as an obvious junta propaganda organization is a fool.

"Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association". Ah! Ah! What a joke! They are so stupid that they did not even think of a more credible name! They could have called themselves something like: "Thailand Political Research Institute". That would have been more effective for propaganda smile.png.

Additionnally, the title is misleading. They investigated the community leaders, not the thais. So it should be "Most community leaders support NCPO"

+ usual questions about a poll: sampling method, questionnaire and process

+ questions related to the current situation: what is a community leader, Kanman? Even if this joke research sampling method was correct, would a community leader (who is not anonymous), answer freely without fearing anything (especially if the leader of the joke research organisation is advisor to the army)?

Edited by candide

So why no election.

Really.

Time and time again yellow TVF posters proclaim, after a few brief chats with fewer Thai associates that the majority of Thais are happy and pro junta.

So why no election?

Surely you would win, the government would gain legitimacy and no one could argue about it because the results would be there for all to see.

Why rely on these ridiculous polls when you could quite easily have a real election - and win it?

Why?

Please do tell.

Skype would be your best friend.

Well, as you wrote in the 'lessons on democracy' Thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them. At the same time he just repeats his promises.

PS wrong. Why should I hate? It's more like pity I feel.

You pity critics of military government. Interesting. I lean more towards respect for these people.

I don't know if I ever wrote "Thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them", though it is undeniably true. I generally focused on the fact that Thaksin shifted some government investment from Bangkok, where almost all of it occurred, to the parts of Thailand where the majority of the people lived. I also pointed out that even if the Shinawatras could be made to completely disappear from Thai politics this approach to winning election was certain to be picked up by other candidates, which would upset the Bangkok elite as much as when Thaksin did it.

Actually I pity all those who like to ask loaded questions and independent of any answer or even of an answer will continue to drag on and on.

As for the quote, it was either you or your mate tbthailand. Both vocal 'democracy' lovers who have no problem with people saying they respect democracy while more or less raping the system. Pity them.

• Like 1

You pity critics of military government. Interesting. I lean more towards respect for these people.

I don't know if I ever wrote "Thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them", though it is undeniably true. I generally focused on the fact that Thaksin shifted some government investment from Bangkok, where almost all of it occurred, to the parts of Thailand where the majority of the people lived. I also pointed out that even if the Shinawatras could be made to completely disappear from Thai politics this approach to winning election was certain to be picked up by other candidates, which would upset the Bangkok elite as much as when Thaksin did it.

Heybruce, you nailed it. When Thaksin is gone and forgotten, someone else will trigger the same emotions.

After all the box that was opened in the North and North-east is never going to be closed. And rightfully so ! As a person with quite a few friends primairly in the provinces of Thailand that once belonged to Laos, I know these people aren't stupid and they will continue to vote for people that they believe have their best interest at heart.

One only needs to have been to issaan 20 years ago and now to see the difference.

Actually he didn't. He mis interpreted as usual.

As for "thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them', as 'true democrat' that should irk you a bit. Its not as if a real democrat likes elections because he knows how to win them, but because it allows other real democrats to express their opinion and allow the election of real democratic representatives who will actually try to represent all, those who voted for them and those who didn't.

Well, as you wrote in the 'lessons on democracy' Thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them. At the same time he just repeats his promises.

PS wrong. Why should I hate? It's more like pity I feel.

Actually I pity all those who like to ask loaded questions and independent of any answer or even of an answer will continue to drag on and on.

As for the quote, it was either you or your mate tbthailand. Both vocal 'democracy' lovers who have no problem with people saying they respect democracy while more or less raping the system. Pity them.

Can you give examples of these "loaded questions"? Just to convince the more cynical readers that you don't mean questions you'd rather not answer.

I don't think that winning elections by promising, and partially delivering, a better distribution of government investment qualifies as "more or less raping the system".

• Like 2

Heybruce, you nailed it. When Thaksin is gone and forgotten, someone else will trigger the same emotions.

After all the box that was opened in the North and North-east is never going to be closed. And rightfully so ! As a person with quite a few friends primairly in the provinces of Thailand that once belonged to Laos, I know these people aren't stupid and they will continue to vote for people that they believe have their best interest at heart.

One only needs to have been to issaan 20 years ago and now to see the difference.

Actually he didn't. He mis interpreted as usual.

As for "thaksin liked elections because he knew how to win them', as 'true democrat' that should irk you a bit. Its not as if a real democrat likes elections because he knows how to win them, but because it allows other real democrats to express their opinion and allow the election of real democratic representatives who will actually try to represent all, those who voted for them and those who didn't.

I re-read the post and can't find anything I misinterpreted. I'd ask you to point it out, but you might regard that as a "loaded question".

Regarding your views on what a "true democrat" is, your definition seems to rely on elections. Not much chance of any "true democrats" for the foreseeable future.

Did you ask them about the NCPO since 20 years ? Amazing considering it was formed in may of this year !

Your remark about the vast majority of Thais lacks evidence, and quite frankly I doubt it to be true, but of course I would think that asking people in say Khon Kaen would get different results than asking people in Surat....

Of course why not put it to the test and hold a general election in a few months so we can see that the vast majority of Thai support the people who lead the country now. I already know the answer and it would be a sound no.

..............................."Your remark about the vast majority of Thais lacks evidence, and quite frankly I doubt it to be true".....................................

That's funny, because I doubt very much whether anything you post is true, mainly because you have been telling anyone who will listen that the PTP are so good and so popular and yet they are not in power any more. Something is not adding up !

Forum rule #2 says in part -

"........You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate.........."

Sme posts have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.
9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

So all is well across the country there's free assault rifles for the South and Tourism is on the up with celebrity selfie week!!

So why no election.

Really.

Time and time again yellow TVF posters proclaim, after a few brief chats with fewer Thai associates that the majority of Thais are happy and pro junta.

So why no election?

Surely you would win, the government would gain legitimacy and no one could argue about it because the results would be there for all to see.

Why rely on these ridiculous polls when you could quite easily have a real election - and win it?

Why?

Please do tell.

Umm, couldn't be because they know that they would lose could it?

Then all the planning and money spent to bring down the elected constitutional government would be wasted wouldn't it?

If an armed army man turns up at your door asking if you support NCPO, what will you say?

Just speculating wildly what could influence poll results....

Suppose to keep the piece I would do the same if a 2 meter red fanatic knocked on my door, so same same. but you suggest 1 door not a whole red declared village.

..............................."Your remark about the vast majority of Thais lacks evidence, and quite frankly I doubt it to be true".....................................

That's funny, because I doubt very much whether anything you post is true, mainly because you have been telling anyone who will listen that the PTP are so good and so popular and yet they are not in power any more. Something is not adding up !

"........You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate.........."

I never said PTP is good, I just say they have massive support, that remark cannot possibly be denied, they have won all general elections since 1998.

As to something not adding up and not being in power, that fact is hardly rocket science, it's called a militairy coup. Surely that shouldn't be that hard to understand...

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 2

"That's funny, because I doubt very much whether anything you post is true, mainly because you have been telling anyone who will listen that the PTP are so good and so popular and yet they are not in power any more. Something is not adding up !"

​what an astoundingly facile statement - any cursory glance at Thai history over the past 6 months would explain this. - "popular" parties get ELECTED

Edited by wilcopops

If an armed army man turns up at your door asking if you support NCPO, what will you say?

Just speculating wildly what could influence poll results....

Suppose to keep the piece I would do the same if a 2 meter red fanatic knocked on my door, so same same. but you suggest 1 door not a whole red declared village.

so I take it you accept danbradster's argument?

Chooka, you easily forget what went on before, because of this you know full well there is more than a years hard work to clean the dung left over from PTP.

Elections do NOT clean that up it covers it up. Maybe that's what you want as the Shins/PTP do.

Quote. " the dear leader" is a sick expression as you sarcastically put.

You are puddled to believe that an election now will solve any problems. You may get a big time shock if there was one and who do you believe will contest the next one Yingluck ??? sorry she has popularity but to ask her to come back and repeat is a Thailand NO NO. (to do the samecheesy.gifcheesy.gif)

Jinjag.... You are well wide of the mark...again. If this Junta is so popular, as the polls claim, what better way to get the people onside than standing as a political party and contesting an election which they should win with ease. Then they could make all the changes they want with the differebce being that, unlike now they would be changing things with the vote of the people behind them.

Being answerable to the electorate is not on any Juntas agenda, what they are doing is making mass changes under martial law so that when the peoples voice can be heard again they will have tied up loose ends so that the most popular party can never get relelected (PTP or whatever name they will go by in the future) without at least the coalition of an army backed party( usually the Undemocrats). If relected the PTP will never be able to pass a bill without army/democrat consent. If by chance the PTP mangae to get a bill to the Senate/NLA it will be chucked out.

Now if thats the sort of democracy you trumpet..... god help you

Coup elections coup election---sorry mate you are wider off the mark.

No elections yet---not stable enough. You will have to wait---be patient---slag me off for going along with the majority---and they are going along without shouting for elections ---Thais understand you do not want to understand.

The coup election coup election scenario blame lies fully at the door of the privately backed armed forces for their inaction (allowing Suthep to wreak havoc ) and there inappropriate action (over throwing a government that had garnered over 15,000,000 votes). Its not stable according to who...you...or the general. And only a fool would believe he was in the majority with your beliefs. So in touch___ not