Best quality inexpensive pens in LOS.

infinity11

Over the years I have got through more pens than hot dinners.

No matter what the make, cheap or expensive eventually they all dry up due to the climate here. So I came up with a master plan considering that the old technologies cannot be beaten and reverted back to using the good old reliable pencils. They never fail and last for years.

• Like 2

great thread folks thanks mak mak

my faith is restored once again in TV

but please if you mention a pen add the approximate price as some did

the name of the stores available would help too (pattaya ideal but others ok too)

Edited by infinity11

No matter what the make, cheap or expensive eventually they all dry up due to the climate here. So I came up with a master plan considering that the old technologies cannot be beaten and reverted back to using the good old reliable pencils. They never fail and last for years.

Mechanical or wood? Rotrings piss me off to no end. They look and feel great, but they always get jammed.

Pilot Frixion Ball pen, blue color, erasable. Best ball pen I have ever used.

Seconded! A chap I work with turned me onto these a couple of years ago. Available in more colors (I use black, red, blue & green) but being erasable is the bonus IMHO.

I haven't seen them in LOS though, I bought mine in the UK but you can buy them on Amazon and maybe have them shipped or someone bring them over?

Mechanical or wood? Rotrings piss me off to no end. They look and feel great, but they always get jammed.

The wooden kind.

I have a short pencil lasted so far for the last 13 years that I carry around with me in my wallet in case I want to make a note of something when I`m out or for taking down girls phone numbers (live in hope of that) and the regular pencils at home for making shopping lists or listing phone messages.

Also have a small pencil sharpener, cost 5 baht I think. Can`t go wrong.

BTW, even the police worldwide are still using pencils these days for their notes.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

I always end up buying a pen in the DM airport. I always try and grab a Bangkok Post and do the Sudoku and crossword on my flight back to Malaysia

Every time I buy a pen the women serving keep telling me its" 69 Baht" and then looking at me as if to say , surely your not going to pay that for a pen , which apparently they think ts outrageously expensive. Im normally told "69 Baht" several times by different members of staff before I part with the money

Is 69 Baht expensive then ?

I always end up buying a pen in the DM airport. I always try and grab a Bangkok Post and do the Sudoku and crossword on my flight back to Malaysia

Every time I buy a pen the women serving keep telling me its" 69 Baht" and then looking at me as if to say , surely your not going to pay that for a pen , which apparently they think ts outrageously expensive. Im normally told "69 Baht" several times by different members of staff before I part with the money

Is 69 Baht expensive then ?

If the pen normally retails for B 35, then YES. However, an international flight for B 69 would be considered a bargain.

Expratt, say hi to infinity11, he's also new to planet earth.

If you have any other questions, such as;

"is Thai shampoo safe for Falangs?" or...

"Does Friday always occur before Tuesday or can Friday sometimes occur after Tuesday?"..

Please open a new thread and a helpful earthling will surely quench your curiosity.

Edited by RandomSand