Russian tourists stuck in Bangkok because of plane's 'poor state'

webfact

Russian tourists stuck in Bangkok because of plane's 'poor state'

BANGKOK: -- Russian tourists that failed to leave Thailand on Saturday because their flight had been delayed were expected to fly home on Sunday, Russian Consul in Thailand Vladimir Sosnov told Tass.

"We received the information on departure from a tour operator who refused to explain whether a new plane had been sent to Bangkok or the old aircraft had undergone repairs. We had difficulties in contacting the Pegas Touristik Company responsible for the flight,” Sosnov said.

Flight 2722 (Bangkok-Moscow) of the Northern Wind air company was allegedly delayed because of the plane’s poor technical state.

About 370 Russian tourists, including pregnant women and small children, were offered hotel accommodation in Bangkok after waiting for a flight to Moscow at Bangkok airport for seven hours.

"The people were excited and did not want to leave the transit zone for fear that the reason behind the delay was not the plane’s technical breakdown but the fact that the air company had gone bankrupt,” the Russian consul said.

Source: http://www.eturbonews.com/52384/russian-tourists-stuck-bangkok-because-plane-s-poor-state

-- eTN 2014-11-10

Northern Wind Air Company.

imagine if it was ' Divine Wind '.

The only 'Devine Wind' I like is after a plate of wifeys Phad Kapow.

The Wind In The Willows or maybe the Pillows depending on when you eat ?

Edited by NongKhaiKid

We had difficulties in contacting the Pegas Touristik Company responsible for the flight,” Sosnov said.

We already had an article this morning about how much this tour company were important to Thailand's tourism, and how much of an asset they were.

I mean..... 200.,000 supposed employees and they had trouble getting hold of anyone.

You couldn't make it up.

• Like 2

With the rouble falling in value and past performance of Russian tour companies the tourists had

real reason to believe the tour company or contracted flight provider had gone bankrupt.

Funny how the passengers were more afraid of that than flying on old planes with poor maintenance. blink.png

In defense of this alleged Russian Air Line. I have worked for several airlines in my aviation career, Delta, Eastern, Northwest, U.S. Airways, 32 years. They all have maintenance delays and cancelations from time to time. Charter airlines tend to have more because they do not have backup aircraft readly available like the larger scheduled airlines.

Now if they are talking about Nord Wind, I do consulting for a leasing company that has two aircraft leased to them. I have inspected these and several other of their aircraft and have found them to properly maintained.

This article is poorly written and does not begin to point out how they are in a "Poor State". Older aircraft do tend to require more maintenance. There are many things from a Hydraulic Leak to Engines problems that can Delay/Cancel a flight. Some instruments require replacement per the manufactures/FAA Minimum Equipment Lists.

Seems like the story about that one China Air flight that was allegedly flying with shot engines, made emergency landing to somewhere germany, and when they inspected the engine problems they found it to be fixed with strips of seatbelts over the fan blades x)

Oh man can you believe it ! An old plane, technical difficulties, bankruptcy. A quality plane bringing "quality" tourists to and from the Kingdom. I may pay thru the nose for a seat on a flag-ship airline, but at least I have a fair idea I'll get where I want to go. When the truth does come out on what has happened I hope the Thai Government has the decency (and conscience) to flag this airline as possibly being unsafe if the need be, and is unwelcome. I used to fly the old Olympic Airline (Greece) through from London to Sydney (stopping in BKK), but gave up because too many times I wondered if I would get home.

Why oh Why can't they get stranded at their origin airport?

They might as well bus them all back down to Pattaya to boost the 7-11 beer sales. tongue.png

Mama Matuchka would kick Vladimir's as$ were he to spend them last rubles in a 7/11 going home cheesy.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

looks like it could be Ikar Airlines a subsidiary of Nordwind Airlines, they fly B767-300 and B757-200 all aircraft being in their late teens

A little older than that try 30