Israeli woman and soldier killed in two knife attacks

webfact

Israeli woman and soldier killed in two knife attacks

(BBC) Two Israelis have been killed in separate knife attacks in Tel Aviv and the occupied West Bank.

The first attack in Tel Aviv targeted a soldier. A Palestinian from the West Bank city of Nablus was arrested.

An Israeli woman was later stabbed to death near the Alon Shvut Jewish settlement in the West Bank. The assailant was shot by a security guard.

The stabbings come at a time of heightened tension between Israel and the Palestinians.

At the weekend, Israeli Arabs threw stones at police in mainly Arab towns in Israel after police shot dead a young Arab man, who had attacked them with a knife.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed to "defeat terrorism" against Israel, saying those citizens who denounced the Jewish state should go and live in the Palestinian territories instead.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29993066

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-11

Tzipi Livni, Israe;'s Minister of Defence once said ""Somebody who is fighting against Israeli soldiers is an enemy and we will fight back, but I believe that this is not under the definition of terrorism, if the target is a soldier."[33].

I'm glad the killer of the woman was shot. The other guy, well, he died too while fighting.

Not sure what these kind of attacks are trying to achieve, Israel will never yield to such senseless

killings, and while Palestinians are valuing their lives no better that yesterday's new papers

and happy to be called martyrs for committing subsides in the name of unattainable "freedom " goal

and invoking the name of a prophet deity ,, how can you reason with such mentality?

• Like 2

Tzipi Livni, Israe;'s Minister of Defence once said ""Somebody who is fighting against Israeli soldiers is an enemy and we will fight back, but I believe that this is not under the definition of terrorism, if the target is a soldier."[33].

I'm glad the killer of the woman was shot. The other guy, well, he died too while fighting.

Just a little correction, Moshe Ya'alon is Minister of Defence, Tzipi Livni is Justice Minister.

I do agree with you though, it's much better to shoot these killers on site.

• Like 1

Not sure what these kind of attacks are trying to achieve, Israel will never yield to such senseless

killings, and while Palestinians are valuing their lives no better that yesterday's new papers

and happy to be called martyrs for committing subsides in the name of unattainable "freedom " goal

and invoking the name of a prophet deity ,, how can you reason with such mentality?

I agree, (although subsidies are usually a good thing wink.png ). They do seem pointless, and make me suspect that they are deranged revenge type killings rather than "for the cause". What's the bet that these attackers have suffered terrible personal losses at the hands of the Israelis and have given up on life?

• Like 1

Just a little correction, Moshe Ya'alon is Minister of Defence, Tzipi Livni is Justice Minister.

Thanks for the correction. She was Defence at some stage.

Indeed, she was a lieutenant in the Israel Defence Forces in 1979 and then recruited by Mossad, which is sort of defence I suppose.

I very much doubt she was. You could me confusing her, again, with someone else.

• Like 1

I very much doubt she was. You could me confusing her, again, with someone else.

Probably I am. I might have algae virus in my throat.

She was deputy PM at one stage too, and Foreign Minister. It's an unimportant detail which ministry. She' was and is an important figure. The quote I made is the point.

Probably I am. I might have algae virus in my throat.

She was deputy PM at one stage too, and Foreign Minister. It's an unimportant detail which ministry. She' was and is an important figure. The quote I made is the point.

I'm sorry to hear of your algae virus in your throat, so please take care as John Hopkins state that it can make an individual lose brain power. I've forgotten the quote you made, maybe I have it too?

Lessee. We have this thread and the African school bombing thread today.

The Religion of Pieces.

Where are the apologists?

They will wait for Israel to retaliate and then start pointing fingers...standard procedure.

Retaliate? Kill the the guy again? Or put the other one in to jail again?

The woman killed was a 14 year old girl. These people know no boundaries do they.

The article quoted in the OP states her age as 26, unless I'm missing something.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong although it would be better if nobody was killed. I read it a few hours ago from the UNwatch web site. I've just looked at an Israeli site and you're correct so apologies for any confusion. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/187281#.VGIB2vmsWXg Same rule applies though. A Jew is killed, no news. If a hair falls from a "Palestinian's head it's Worldwide within the hour.

Edited by Alwyn

The attack in Tel Aviv is particularly disturbing. First of all, it's Tel Aviv, a place without Holy Site associations like Jerusalem. Secondly, the terrorist was an Israeli Arab citizen. Such incidents are sadly clearly going to increase the racial tensions between Jewish and Arab citizens all across Israel. What a mess.

• Like 1

The attack in Tel Aviv is particularly disturbing. First of all, it's Tel Aviv, a place without Holy Site associations like Jerusalem. Secondly, the terrorist was an Israeli Arab citizen. Such incidents are sadly clearly going to increase the racial tensions between Jewish and Arab citizens all across Israel. What a mess.

Agreed, it is disturbing as Israeli Arabs have usually been peaceful. There' almost 2 million Israeli Arabs and they make a up a large part of the Knesset and indeed the IDF too.

Agreed, it is disturbing as Israeli Arabs have usually been peaceful. There' almost 2 million Israeli Arabs and they make a up a large part of the Knesset and indeed the IDF too.

I hadn't realized it was that high ... looked it up, about 1,700,000 so close to 2 mill.

Many more incidents like this and the "loyalty" question about Israeli Arabs which already exists from the Israeli right is bound to get more traction.

Edited by Jingthing

Only the OP says the attacker is from Nablus, which would make him being an Israeli citizen highly unlikely.

On the whole, the Israeli Arabs share in such attacks is negligible, even at times such as this (referring to strife over Jerusalem,

and the unrelated killing of an Israeli Arab by police a few days ago).

Only the OP says the attacker is from Nablus, which would make him being an Israeli citizen highly unlikely.

On the whole, the Israeli Arabs share in such attacks is negligible, even at times such as this (referring to strife over Jerusalem,

Oops. w00t.gif That's a big mistake and would make a big difference. Thanks for the apparent correction. I likely got confused from another source, there have been so many attacks on Jews in recent weeks, it can be hard to keep track. Yes, it matters whether he was a citizen or not.

What has Hamas got to do with the illegal building of settlements in the West Bank or worldwide recognition of Palestine?

Collective punishment is what foments this sort of reaction.

I see Netanyahu is talking about house demolitions again.

That is a nice way to mend fences.

Edited by Jay Sata

You would be correct,

Jewish victim of mob attack in Taibe: An Arab man saved my life

http://www.jpost.com/landedpages/printarticle.aspx?id=381316

Edited by konying

The Israeli people have chosen this government, and therefore have to deal with the consequences that are a direct result of its actions.

Yup, pretty much the same as Palestinians chose Hamas so they too have to deal with the consequences. wink.png

'Pretty much the same' are the operative words.

I hadn't realized it was that high ... looked it up, about 1,700,000 so close to 2 mill.

Many more incidents like this and the "loyalty" question about Israeli Arabs which already exists from the Israeli right is bound to get more traction.

The injured soldier is no longer with us, RIP https://www.facebook.com/idfonline/photos/a.250335824989295.62131.125249070831305/882862998403238/?type=1

There is a constant barrage of news from around the world of non-Muslims being attacked and killed by Muslims...

If the Muslim community does not join in the fight against this carnage...and police up their own communities...we are headed for another period of religious wars...

It will not be called that...but if you follow what happens in and around the ME...then if is quite apparent who the majority of the killers are and who the targets are...

I know...all you bleeding heart liberals...give me your best shot...

There is a constant barrage of news from around the world of non-Muslims being attacked and killed by Muslims...

If the Muslim community does not join in the fight against this carnage...and police up their own communities...we are headed for another period of religious wars...

It will not be called that...but if you follow what happens in and around the ME...then if is quite apparent who the majority of the killers are and who the targets are...

With most of the Middle East being Muslim, I'd take a wild guess that they represent the majority in both categories.

With most of the Middle East being Muslim, I'd take a wild guess that they represent the majority in both categories.

You'd think so, wouldn't you, but in fact, of all the people killed in the ME in recent years, most (by far) have not been killed by Muslims.