Vanessa-Mae: Skiing violinist banned for four years

Lite Beer

go to google and type top 10 athletes cheated in their sport. the first result was to me viewmixed . com , below are the results

Lance Armstrong "American"

Baseball star Jose Canseco " Cuban-American"

Marion Jones "American"

Fika Motsoeneng "South Africa"

Ben Johnson "Jamaica"

And the list goes on, I am not sure if their grand grand fathers or mothers DNA have any "thainess" in but i am sure all over the world cheating happens in sports .

I really do hate people live in a country which they hate the most but still continue to do so. This is what i suggest . Since you are better in every-way than thai people and since you are so unhappy to live in this 3rd world country, why don't you leave? Why not go to a country that you can be happy? Why you have to be irritated and uncomfortable everyday in your retirement life in this "unworthy" country?

you missed the point entirely - the reason so many have been caught is because of the strict rules in 'farangland' if Thais can cheat they WILL cheat - it's just their 'Thainess' and it happens hourly so stop 'Thai-ing' to yourself as I hate 'rose colored' neo-Thais who say 'go home' more than the moaners

Thailand is a great place to live with many benefits but would you trust a Thai? if you would go ahead put that house in your Pooying's name and take the risk and maybe you'll be lucky

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'... hearing panel found "violations" in the Thailand skier's results at an event in Slovenia ... The British citizen qualified days before the deadline ...'

So she qualified as a British citizen, but violated the rules as a Thai ...

Nope.

She qualified and was suddenly Thai.

She cheated and became British.

It's a common syndrome, countries want you if you're a winner and disown you if you turn out to be a loser [or in this case a liar and a cheat].

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

'... hearing panel found "violations" in the Thailand skier's results at an event in Slovenia ... The British citizen qualified days before the deadline ...'

Nope.

It's a common syndrome, countries want you if you're a winner and disown you if you turn out to be a loser [or in this case a liar and a cheat].

It has echos familiar with real life here among the Soi dust for us mere mortals, whereby Thai gal mucks up, and hapless Brit (or other farang) left to pick up the pieces... it's all OUR fault, again.

Nope.

Who said she is a liar and a cheat?

Is anybody really surprised by the findings except that they could have been more transparent and we could have found out who was involved and what exactly did they do to manipulate the proceedings? Oh who cares anyway! Are all major sporting events corrupted these days?!

Nope.

I'd say the International Ski Federation when they banned her myself.

Edited by Bluespunk

Nope.

I'd say the International Ski Federation when they banned her myself.

How did she cheat, take a few short-cuts and not complete the whole event?

How did she lie, did she personally report false times for the event.

Did the International Ski Federation call her a cheat and a liar - or was she banned for other reasons ?

Edited by Artisi

How did she cheat?

Lets see, she claimed to have qualified by taking part in an event which contained runs with ghost competitors (that is they were there on paper but not in person), had one who fell yet finished second and one where a competitor started outside the starting gate.

The weather conditions were irregular as well, must confess no idea what that means, but were considered a big enough of a breach of rules and conditions to be mentioned at her hearing.

She was found to have manipulated her qualifying points by taking part in this event. The event only took place at her managements request in order for her to gain qualifying points so I find it difficult to believe she didn't know something was up.

All she had to do was look at what was happening at this event.

So in conclusion, she manipulated her qualification. That is cheating. By cheating she was being less than honest, in effect she lied.

Born in Singapore, British father of Thai ancestory and a Chinese Lawyer for a mother.

How on earth did she qualify to ski for Thailand?

On the forum, she seems to qualify quite well for bashing of Thailand.

Unfair to criticize her?

Born in Singapore, British father of Thai ancestory and a Chinese Lawyer for a mother.

Unfair to criticize her?

It's not difficult to fathom.

Criticize her as an individual person, not for the portion of her DNA that happens to be Thai.

Unfair to criticize her?

Criticize her as an individual person, not for the portion of her DNA that happens to be Thai.

Thanks for patronizing. I didn't have any difficulty "fathoming" your comment; I simply disagree completely with it. We face this simplistic demand repeatedly, to censor ourselves to satisfy other people's expectations. Statements don't need to avoid mentioning particular attributes or aspects, to be reasonable. It's perfectly acceptable to mention anyone's nationality—or anything else that is true—whether it occurs in a compliment or a criticism. Readers must be trusted to have the developed sense to make a reasonable judgement, not be treated like naughty children who can't be trusted with information that is, in fact, true. If I criticize a person who is Thai/Japanese/Swedish, and also fail to ensure that my comment leaves their nationality unmentioned, then I am guilty of "bashing" Thai/Japanese/Swedish people? This simple-minded, groundless assertion is very popular; that's why it must be called out, and clearly rebuffed. Sure, comments can be racist, but critical comments are not racist per se because they mention somebody's nationality. It's not up to me to make sure that you understand what I write. That principle should be easy for everyone to fathom.

Hmmm..A Thai woman who's a scammer. Fancy that.

she's half Thai.
so only half a scammer ?
You really believe only Thais scam.

Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.

Nah, just they do it more and are supported by the authorities, the police being top of the scamming pile. How else can the best scammers get to the top of their professions?

Unfair to criticize her?

It's not her, it is clear in the article that it was the Thai olympic commitee !

• 7 months later...