Frozen food in Thailand

mrtoad

If i was starting a new topic each time I see an idiotic behavior, this server would be overloaded.

Don't be boring. Think about the knowledge gained, the information learned. smile.png . The memories - haven't had a Chiko roll in 25 years.

Remember the old fashioned Dim Sim?....eat an old one of them and its like a startled flock of pigeons flying out your bum.

Urghhh - maybe kitsune is right after all. :)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys let's film a thaivisa "vine", about treats from the freezer, for camaraderie and happiness.

We can all write the script - team effort -and maybe Somsrisonphimai is happy to be our actress ?

Edited by RandomSand

Deep freeze (minus 20) keeps meat for years. We put raw meat in and don't even worry about dates. Never sick ....but this is in the UK with a stable power supply!

I disagree, have you ever heard of freezer burn ,Caused by storing meat, fish to long. it actually dries it out.

There is a brand new product, it is called plastic bag. put the meat inside and squeeze out all the air.

just throwing in the meat without packing it isn't good

Edited by h90
  • Like 2

would you eat out of date food by a year anywhere.

deep frozen it can be out of date 10 years......

My mother just opened a jam from 1971: still OK

What flavor was the jam?

I think (not sure) it was strawberry. She told it taste good, but a bit bland...but it might be the way she made it (also bland in 1972), as she can't recall hahahahaha.

But she theorized that maybe like in the whiskey or wine the stronger parts of the flavor changes over time.

I need to ask her if she still has noodles from pre-Chernobyl in the deep freeze......

• Like 1

Hey guys let's film a thaivisa "vine", about treats from the freezer, for camaraderie and happiness.

We can all write the script - team effort -and maybe Somsrisonphimai is happy to be our actress ?

It should be a Russian bird...we can get Toadie to play the part of a young Elton John....but can he sing?

It wasnt the Chiko roll mate, Toady has the same effect on most people cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I just spat my coffee out reading DLock's graphic account. Just to,prove that I do have some compassion and empathy, hope your feeling better mate.

Chiko has beans, barley, ummm...carrots?

Some meat(ish) product(s), batter, oil, salt, pepper...then the rest is anyones guess.

Oww, cabbage...maybe?

All I know is the chicky babe bending over the Harley selling them 30 years ago probably still looks good.

Ps, don't let the brown rain turn you off Chikos.

It should be a Russian bird...we can get Toadie to play the part of a young Elton John....but can he sing?

Can Elton John sing? even a young Elton John? I've heard a better noise flushing the toilet.

Can Elton John sing? even a young Elton John? I've heard a better noise flushing the toilet.

That settles it...Toadie is in.

JT can play the commie border guard.

Where is my roll going to be? Lol

I think Costas would like to get involved. Who would you like to play Costas?

Only a wild guess but your roll will be a Chiko one biggrin.png , what your role will be is anyone's guess, but you can bet knowing Mr Toad it will involve a swimsuit, a very small swimsuit.

• Like 1

First of all, what is a Chiko roll?

Second, I love the frozen food from Tesco, Spaghetti Bolognese, carbonara etc etc.

For 75Baht can't complaint at all.

5 minutes in the microwave and presto.

The only thing need 2 of those packets every time.

Get yourself a slow cooker and cook the bolognese yourself and you can have as many portions as you want

First of all, what is a Chiko roll?

Second, I love the frozen food from Tesco, Spaghetti Bolognese, carbonara etc etc.

For 75Baht can't complaint at all.

5 minutes in the microwave and presto.

The only thing need 2 of those packets every time.

Get yourself a slow cooker and cook the bolognese yourself and you can have as many portions as you want

While the bolognese is made fast, the cleaning is time consuming......When I make it, I try to make like 10 portions and deep freeze the others.

Only a wild guess but your roll will be a Chiko one biggrin.png , what your role will be is anyone's guess, but you can bet knowing Mr Toad it will involve a swimsuit, a very small swimsuit.

Sorry, I meant role :(.

Are you saying Mr. T is a perv?

I changed it then :)

Edited by Somsrisonphimai

Some meat(ish) product(s), batter, oil, salt, pepper...then the rest is anyones guess.

Oww, cabbage...maybe?

All I know is the chicky babe bending over the Harley selling them 30 years ago probably still looks good.

So basically the Australian version of a Gregg's Cornish Pasty. biggrin.png

Oww, cabbage...maybe?

Greggs make Pasties but not Cornish ones.

Oww, cabbage...maybe?

Hmm sorry not familiar with Greggs, but I went to school with a guy named Greg. Nice guy.

Cornish pasties I am well familiar with. This part of South Australia is steeped with Cornish copper mining history and they enjoyed a Cornish pasty for lunch. I've heard the twist on top was so they wouldn't get the pastie dirty?

Thing with Chikos the secret was in the battered outside. Deliciously goldern chewy crust once dunked in hot oil.

Awful if it's a year old.

The paper bag would have been eadible I guess.

Oww, cabbage...maybe?

I didn't know that, I looked it up and Greggs were forced to change the name to follow EU rules.

As a Cornishman you must be pleased with this, as their Cornish Pasties were never really authentic, saying that a dog is a cat does not make it so.

Edited by Chairman Of The Board