Thieves drill through a Bangkok hotel walls, ransack six offices

webfact

Thieves drill through walls, ransack six offices
The Nation

30247555-03_big.jpg

30247555-01_big.jpg?1415749226618

BANGKOK: -- Thieves drilled through the walls on the sixth floor of a Bangkok hotel in order to steal valuables from six of seven companies located there early yesterday.

After a report of the heist at Swissotel Le Concorde Hotel on Ratchadapisek Road, officers from Huai Kwang Police Station found the thieves had drilled holes on all connecting walls and ransacked the offices. Police also found a scrap of a brown coat in one of the holes.

The building's security guard said he found nothing suspicious during his midnight patrol of the sixth floor and did not know of the incident until office workers alerted him in the morning.

CCTV captured the image of a man in a ski mask turning the security camera away at around 11.29pm on Monday. Police suspect the heist might involve an insider because the thieves seemed to know the layout and knew the location of the safe deposit box, but failed to open it.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Thieves-drill-through-walls-ransack-six-offices-30247555.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-12

• Like 2

So with all the clatter and noise the whole matter was ignored by the hotel staff and its seems lone security staff member?

The building's security guard said he found nothing suspicious during his midnight patrol of the sixth floor and did not know of the incident until office workers alerted him in the morning.

Might be a time to check this characters banking transactions of late and monitor his movements for a few weeks too.whistling.gif

• Like 2

How is it possible to drill such a big hole and nobody hear it. In my shop house if the guy 3 doors down farts, I hear it. Drilling a hole to hang a picture sounds like it is a foot from my ear. Either something is very fishy here or this has to be a very well constructed condotel.

coffee1.gif

How is it possible to drill such a big hole and nobody hear it. In my shop house if the guy 3 doors down farts, I hear it. Drilling a hole to hang a picture sounds like it is a foot from my ear. Either something is very fishy here or this has to be a very well constructed condotel.

coffee1.gif

Not big on DIY are we Bushy ?....you don't drill a hole that size, I maybe wrong but that looks like dry walling they busted through so hardly any advanced drilling skills needed,...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I have hard time believing security guard did any rounds . He was past out asleep 15mins after he started his shift.

No: security guy comes, chat with the leaving one 10 min.

Make himself comfortable 5 min

drink some lao kao: 10 min

smoke cigarette somewhere outside 10 min

go toilet 30 min

Than he sleeps

In our village the security guy is feeding one street dog fat. That dog is supposed to wake him up when bad guys come......I doubt it works....they both sleep.

• Like 1

So with all the clatter and noise the whole matter was ignored by the hotel staff and its seems lone security staff member?

Might be a time to check this characters banking transactions of late and monitor his movements for a few weeks too.whistling.gif

Years ago a guy posted a comment on TVF about having his house broken into, it was in an estate with 24-7 security. Apparently the security guard was an old guy, new on this job, and when he was asked about the robbery he said he saw what was going on but did not want to get involved !

Nearly fell off my chair laughing when I read that one.

Seriously, you cannot rely on security guards, have to use other methods with your own home - sensor lights, alarms, packs of wolves, grenades etc. biggrin.png

• Like 2

It's not actually a wall, is it, as such? Looks more like a piece of plasterboard, which you could punch thru.

The drill, I can only assume, was to get into any safe they may have found, certainly not to get into the office in the pic. Maybe they had masonry bits.. clap2.gif

• Like 1

coffee1.gif

Good thing you don't live three doors down from me....you would be hearing a lot more farting !

coffee1.gif

Good thing you don't live three doors down from me....you would be hearing a lot more farting !

If I lived there youd have this conversation wearing respiratory masks.

"The building's security guard said he found nothing suspicious during his midnight patrol of the sixth floor and did not know of the incident..."

"I know nothing"

Was the security guard's name Sgt. Schultz chai?

Edited by jaltsc

alantheembalmer post # 13

Why is the robber wearing better protective gear than the forensic police?

Said protective gear was no doubt surplus to requirements in the Koh Tao investigation process.
6277620203_6ecf685612_z.jpg