Police nab Liberians for 200k black money scam

Lite Beer

Issued a US passport on "false statements"Uhhh? so the US "passport dept" accepted his false statements without checking them? seems a pretty insecure method of "issuing passports" by Uncle Sam

Edited by kingalfred

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the first time "Liberians" are mentioned as being involved in a scam like that.

Are you sure that this is not a misspelling of "Nigerians" in fact?

I believe "Liberians" should read as "Nigerians", probably a mistake of someone...

Liberia is not the same as Nigeria, surprise, surprise!

Nigerians, if they want to scam someone are often posing as Ghanians. You never know...

Please correct me if I am wrong!

You're wrong.

This is the first time "Liberians" are mentioned as being involved in a scam like that.

I believe "Liberians" should read as "Nigerians", probably a mistake of someone...

Nigerians, if they want to scam someone are often posing as Ghanians. You never know...

You're wrong.

OK, thank you for correcting me.

Where is my mistake?

You're wrong.

Have definitely seen reports of Liberians being involved in this particular scam.

I worked for a year in Liberia in 1979/80, based in Monrovia. Lot of great people there, but...

Had personal experience of two muggings, one vehicle hijack whilst I was driving alone, three break-ins at our company villa, one of our villa guards was shot dead while travelling to work by bus and numerous other 'interesting' happenings. Was there during the military coup of April 1980 when they executed ten ministers, after 'due process' from the deposed government (Thailand not quite so bad!!) after the President had been butchered in his mansion with his wife being used as 'entertainment' by the local troops.

I left shortly after the coup. Apparently things got a lot worse.....!!

So, at a guess, I would say that some Liberians would be up for most things.