Pickup or Sedan for typical BKK driving

Skyboogie

OP, I have driven most pickups in LOS but all manual, horrible....I say that cos mine. now 7 years old, is auto and a real pleasure to drive, smooth quiet and perfect for start stop traffic. Must confess all my rides for the last 40 years have been auto and would never return to manual. Of course we are all different in what we like to drive, some like wrestling with the shifter all day, not me.

Forget comments on trucks being noisy, rattly,vibrating etc, all nonsense, my Toyota 4x4 auto still drives like new, the doors still shut with a click after 7 years.....thumbsup.gif

Thanks brother. I've driven an empty 2.2 Ranger on this road and found it surprisingly quiet compared to my Land Cruiser. I'm not sure where some of these folks are driving their pickups to produce an intolerable rattling noise. Oh, and it's auto all day for me sir!

jalan-heat-grasberg.jpg

• Like 2

OP, I have driven most pickups in LOS but all manual, horrible....I say that cos mine. now 7 years old, is auto and a real pleasure to drive, smooth quiet and perfect for start stop traffic. Must confess all my rides for the last 40 years have been auto and would never return to manual. Of course we are all different in what we like to drive, some like wrestling with the shifter all day, not me.

Forget comments on trucks being noisy, rattly,vibrating etc, all nonsense, my Toyota 4x4 auto still drives like new, the doors still shut with a click after 7 years.....thumbsup.gif

Is it true its only done 1000K. T.A.?.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Is it true its only done 1000K. T.A.?.biggrin.png

It's a lie, it's 999,000km.................laugh.png

• Like 1

Why do you want to drive in BKK ?

There is so much public transport everywhere that you have to be out of your mind to want to be part of that lunatic rat race.

With small kids, changing from taxi to BTS to bus is a no-go. We'll still use public transport if our destination is very close to a BTS and the weather is conducive. Taxis refused to stop and pick up my wife and kids the other day because it was raining. That's when I decided to cough up the cash for a POV.

When I'm on my own I'll take advantage of the public transport system.

• Like 1