webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sensing a huge SNAFU coming our way.. Better stock up some cash wink.png

May I suggest doing a balance check, with proof, or an electronic passbook update before the fun starts ?

From what I've seen and heard it's not fun to have a dispute with a Thai bank who seem to operate the old fairground rule of ' fallen darts not returned ' so any documentary evidence might help if the event of something going wrong.

Its' the ATM system being updated not individual bank systems.

"From what I've seen and heard ..."

Condescending twaddle and totally in your fertile (or related bucolic term) imagination. In the past 15 years I've had the occasional issue with a bank back in the US and absolutely no problems with a Thai bank.

• Like 1

What will the bar girls and boys do now ??thumbsup.gif

Withdraw cash from their own bank's ATMs?

"...customers would be unable to withdraw cash through ATMs of different banks other than that specified in their ATM cards,"

Ha Ha...was thinking along the lines of Foreigners not being able to draw out cash to pay the boys/girls--midnight-2am.thumbsup.gif

It said midnight on 14th until 2am on 15th (26 hours) if using an ATM of a different kind to that of your card.

Where did it mention the times for ALL ATMs? May have missed it.

What makes me shock is that a company (National ITMX Co. Ltd.) which websites SSL Certificate (https://www.itmx.co.th) is faulty providing the whole countries ATM system?! blink.png

Priceless.

Have you ever used a Thai website that was not faulty.

When I had my first website built in 2005 I got an English guy to set it up, it worked faultlessly for many years. In those years I taught myself a bit about coding and started doing some of the work on it myself, adding pages, images, text etc.

But I would never let a Thai computer geek touch it, never.

May I suggest doing a balance check, with proof, or an electronic passbook update before the fun starts ?

From what I've seen and heard it's not fun to have a dispute with a Thai bank who seem to operate the old fairground rule of ' fallen darts not returned ' so any documentary evidence might help if the event of something going wrong.

I don't think there is any need for you to start suggesting to the gullible that Thai banks are going to be robbing their customers money.

No I think even the gullible know that already. Edited by NRGF

so if you want to access your foreign bank account for funds you are screwed, probably for the next two weeks.

Not at all. Just take your card and passport into the bank and they will do the transaction with NO charges.

Could be, just in case, I will get some money today.

This being a cash society, its always good to have some cash available.

The interesting part is that in normal life here a wad of 20 Baht bills helps more to get you along than a wad of 1000 Baht bills.

What will the bar girls and boys do now ??thumbsup.gif

Withdraw cash from their own bank's ATMs?

"...customers would be unable to withdraw cash through ATMs of different banks other than that specified in their ATM cards,"

Ha Ha...was thinking along the lines of Foreigners not being able to draw out cash to pay the boys/girls--midnight-2am.thumbsup.gif

It said midnight on 14th until 2am on 15th (26 hours) if using an ATM of a different kind to that of your card.

Where did it mention the times for ALL ATMs? May have missed it.

Here on planet earth in the Kingdom of Thailand there will be a nation wide shut down of ATMs for a period of two hours from midnight on 14th Friday to 2am on 15th Saturday = 2 hours.

Are you on another time system?

That would be midnight on the 15th until 2am on the 15th. 00.00 is a new day my friend.