got the new pirelli rosso II

skilled

for my kawasaki 300

just wanted to check on your opinion.

since im totally new to tires

the mechanic said he would do 30 in the front and 32 in the rear what does that mean?

also is that the correct ammount?

i know im safer with those tires but i feel weird

whats next? new exhaust? i dont wanna be so loud lol

Rosso II's are great tires

For your question it would be hard for anyone to answer except in a general way

30f/32r is a general guideline setting. Does not take into account many things like your weight,

your riding style, your terrain, passenger or not etc.etc.etc

I went thru two sets of Rosso's & found for my weight,riding style etc. I preferred 28f/30r average & sometimes even a bit less

in more aggressive riding areas.....But again depends on you & your situations

Experiment & see.... it does not hurt anything to try various pressures.

Edited by mania

kawa recommends 28 - 32 for ninja 300. some tires might have different air pressure recommendations sometime.

but rosso2 s being a hard tire. i always go down 2 psi from the recommended pressure settings. so maybe 1 psi down from the recommended settings should be good for you.

so for my cbr650f, manual says 36 - 42 but i go 34 - 40 as roads around where i am living is not good and i like the extra grip therefore fun and safety than a bit longer tire life. it is a compromise i always make and still one might choose to go for longer tire life and less grip but more speed. for track days, i go for 28 - 30 as grip there is more important.

so, it means it is mostly about the conditions and your needs and your compromises. less pressure means more grip and comfier ride but a bit less tire life. more pressure means , bike goes faster a bit but less grip and a less comfy ride.

these are all cold pressure settings. the weight bike/tires carry is also another factor you need to think regarding tire pressures.

for exhausts, you can google, k speed, u turn shop, power lube, likito shop, 320 sp etc and many more if you can check and click the banners at ninja300 thai forum. ask other riders around too.

better get a slip on if you will not be dealing with a dynojet pc5 and air filter.

Edited by ll2

I also run 32-36 on the Dunlops D222.

but very soon im getting the pireli angel GT for my cb500

I'm thinking of changing to the Angel GT on my cb500 which is still on the stock D222. I'll be interested in reading your impressions after you change. Are your Dunlops worn out or just want to upgrade? How many miles did you get out of them so far?

Same 32 -36 on my 650 kawi. I use the same air pressure for my Diablo 2's & the Pirelli Angels I have now on the bike. Diablo 2's better for track a little stickier but the Angels will last probably 3000-4000 kilos longer & seem to be just as super grippy on the road.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm thinking of changing to the Angel GT on my cb500 which is still on the stock D222. I'll be interested in reading your impressions after you change. Are your Dunlops worn out or just want to upgrade? How many miles did you get out of them so far?

My tires are still in good condition, right now at 12,000 Km, and Im sure they can go another 3000KM easily. actually the dunlops are awesome, really good grip except when it's wet, a couple times I almost killed my self on wet/oily roads.

I will change mostly for my touring in December-February. I will let you know once I change them and give the feedback here.

why not paying 1000 thb more and getting much better a level above rosso2s?

actually the Angel GT costs 500 Baht more than the Rosso 2. (unless with your 10% discount coupons, which I dont have)

Angel GT: 12,300 Baht

Rosso 2: 11,800 Baht

The Angel GT lasts twice the Rosso 2 and has superb wet grip.

• Like 1

In reality I wanted to get the Michelin Pilot Road 4, but they are so hard to find and way overpriced. At least the Pirelli prices are not too bad.

I was considering Michelin, specifically the Pilot Power 3 (the competitor to the Rosso II) but for my riding style and the bike itself I doubt I'll ever get to make use of the extra grip of such a sporty tire. So looking at the more touring oriented group, Angel GT vs. Pilot Road 4 I'm inclined towards the Pirelli because they're pretty much on par but still give a more sporty nature. The PR4 are reportedly superior in the wet, with very aggressive siping pattern, but I generally avoid riding when it's pouring outside and the Angels are already good in the wet anyway.

One slight "problem", I have only 3,000 km on the Dunlops so still on the sidelines. From an economic point of view it's not worth it to upgrade but maybe from a riding one it is..

I replaced the Pirelli diablo rosso corse 2s on my ducati with michelin PR3s

the Pirellis wore very well, i had 2 sets over 5 years , got 10,730km out of the rear on a 120hp bike grip was generally excellent as was handling but some breakaway slides on cornering so decided to try the michelins ,, so far so good .

In reality I wanted to get the Michelin Pilot Road 4, but they are so hard to find and way overpriced. At least the Pirelli prices are not too bad.

I was considering Michelin, specifically the Pilot Power 3 (the competitor to the Rosso II) but for my riding style and the bike itself I doubt I'll ever get to make use of the extra grip of such a sporty tire. So looking at the more touring oriented group, Angel GT vs. Pilot Road 4 I'm inclined towards the Pirelli because they're pretty much on par but still give a more sporty nature. The PR4 are reportedly superior in the wet, with very aggressive siping pattern, but I generally avoid riding when it's pouring outside and the Angels are already good in the wet anyway.

One slight "problem", I have only 3,000 km on the Dunlops so still on the sidelines. From an economic point of view it's not worth it to upgrade but maybe from a riding one it is..

Realistically dump your Dunlops & get anything different. I dumped my Stock Dunlops at 2800 kilos & got the Diablo 2's which I have since changed to Angels since I do not do track time. The second you remove the garbage tire & get a decent tire the safer & more confidence you will have in riding. My Pirelli's never leave the pavement while the Dunlops were all over the place & damn near killed me. If I weren't a seasoned rider I would be dead from them. I think the rims would stick better to the asphalt over the stock Dunlops. They really are the piss poorest tire on the planet. I don't know why Kawi decided to use them. They must have given them a set of the shit tires for 1500 baht. The tire shop that changed them would not even resell them & do not carry or will order the roadsmarts. If yours came with Roadsmarts ditch em. It is not worth saving a couple baht when your life & comfort depend on it.They are about as good as maypops. The tires I used to drive on cars with the wire showing everywhere through the radials. And they were better even with the wire showing everywhere. You will notice the difference within 2-3 minutes of riding on them & have an ear to ear grin with some good tires on your investment. The stock tires fail over 130 kph & are a deathride! They are shaky at even 120 & my bike is perfectly balanced.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My tires are still in good condition, right now at 12,000 Km, and Im sure they can go another 3000KM easily. actually the dunlops are awesome, really good grip except when it's wet, a couple times I almost killed my self on wet/oily roads.

I will change mostly for my touring in December-February. I will let you know once I change them and give the feedback here.

why not paying 1000 thb more and getting much better a level above rosso2s?

actually the Angel GT costs 500 Baht more than the Rosso 2. (unless with your 10% discount coupons, which I dont have)

Angel GT: 12,300 Baht

Rosso 2: 11,800 Baht

The Angel GT lasts twice the Rosso 2 and has superb wet grip.

i used a set of rosso2 on my cbr500r and they sure last 15 k km.

dont think so angels last 30 k km. but maybe 3 - 4 k km more than rosso2s.

i will go for a set of pirelli diablo rosso corsa soon as rains are over and drc s offer greater grip

Realistically dump your Dunlops & get anything different. I dumped my Stock Dunlops at 2800 kilos & got the Diablo 2's which I have since changed to Angels since I do not do track time. The second you remove the garbage tire & get a decent tire the safer & more confidence you will have in riding. My Pirelli's never leave the pavement while the Dunlops were all over the place & damn near killed me. If I weren't a seasoned rider I would be dead from them. I think the rims would stick better to the asphalt over the stock Dunlops. They really are the piss poorest tire on the planet. I don't know why Kawi decided to use them. They must have given them a set of the shit tires for 1500 baht. The tire shop that changed them would not even resell them & do not carry or will order the roadsmarts. If yours came with Roadsmarts ditch em. It is not worth saving a couple baht when your life & comfort depend on it.They are about as good as maypops. The tires I used to drive on cars with the wire showing everywhere through the radials. And they were better even with the wire showing everywhere. You will notice the difference within 2-3 minutes of riding on them & have an ear to ear grin with some good tires on your investment. The stock tires fail over 130 kph & are a deathride! They are shaky at even 120 & my bike is perfectly balanced.

I just got home coming from PowShow, I got myself a pair of Rosso2 for 9200 Baht only.

Beardog, you are absolutely f**cking RIGHT! The pireli rosso 2 are awesome, they completely transformed my bike, &lt;deleted&gt;? the bike just wants to lean... its just so much more responsive, I feel the bike now, like I never felf before. the difference was there instantly the moment I left the shop.

Those crap dunlops sux badly now that I know what a good tire is....

they were out of stock for Angel GT (13,000 Baht) so I got the Rosso 2 for 4000 baht less!

Thanks Beardog for the advice and brfsa2 for the report. Sounds like I'll be changing my tires very soon. Big Wheel is very near to me I'll drop by and see what they have.

ll2, I was at the Honda course today again. One guy on a CBR650R with 12K km on the odometer said he was on his second pair of Rosso 2 and looked like the rear needed replacing soon. He blamed coming to the Honda track too often :-) The circuit there is indeed more rough than normal roads, or maybe it's riding style.

Thanks Beardog for the advice and brfsa2 for the report. Sounds like I'll be changing my tires very soon. Big Wheel is very near to me I'll drop by and see what they have.

ll2, I was at the Honda course today again. One guy on a CBR650R with 12K km on the odometer said he was on his second pair of Rosso 2 and looked like the rear needed replacing soon. He blamed coming to the Honda track too often :-) The circuit there is indeed more rough than normal roads, or maybe it's riding style.

3-4 track days can easily finish a set of tires. less if you really ride hard.

I noticed the difference the minute I drove off the lot in the tire shop. I absolutely love being able to go over gravel & not have my bike stumble over the rocks. I tried busting a move and getting a wheelie on a ride with about 13 guys down to Rayong & the Dunlops just went squirrley on me afer going back & forth 3 times I was able to correct the mishap but still feel like a dweeb being with so many riders & having my bike go slideways. And I used to pop endless wheelies in the states so it was not inexperience. I tried a wheelie on the new Rosso's & it went straight up & was perfect. I can never regret how much regret I had over blowing it & while there was never a moment of doubt in my mind I am sure everyone that was on the ride may have thought differently. The same day coming home was when the Dunlops just about made me fly off an embankment doing 130 or 140. The Pirelli's stick no problem on the same corner now. I guess I could have slowed down but I am confident the Pirrelli's would hang at 170 without flayling down the asphalt. I tried once with the Angel GT's & they pop a perfect wheelie & then decided better to save the tires chain & sprockets & put the funds into mods instead.

You won't be disappointed chucking the roadsmarts. They should have named the tire Road stupids instead !

I just got home coming from PowShow, I got myself a pair of Rosso2 for 9200 Baht only.

Beardog, you are absolutely f**cking RIGHT! The pireli rosso 2 are awesome, they completely transformed my bike, <deleted>? the bike just wants to lean... its just so much more responsive, I feel the bike now, like I never felf before. the difference was there instantly the moment I left the shop.

Those crap dunlops sux badly now that I know what a good tire is....

they were out of stock for Angel GT (13,000 Baht) so I got the Rosso 2 for 4000 baht less!

good choice. much more better tires than angels.

it is good that you did not put your money where your mouth was!

rosso2s also last long.

depends on the rider and what you are doing with bike.

i believe good riders keep the tire life longer too.

good choice. much more better tires than angels.

it is good that you did not put your money where your mouth was!

rosso2s also last long.

Again, the Rosso 2 is not better than the Angel GT, they are different tires for different purpose, both are high performance.

have you ever had the Angel GT?

I was going to put GT but ShowPow did not have them, they are actually high demand tires.

and... I dont make purchases based on my "mouth", sorry but that sounds rude to me.

The Rosso 2 and the Angel GT are quite different tires, they got different thread and profile.

From many online reports and sources, Rosso 2 will last 6-10K KM, the Angel GT can last 8-16K KM depending on the riding style, the bike weight, and the roads.

The Angel GT has a really hard compound in the middle which will wear out slowly for long trips and heavy touring, on the sides still soft compound, but not as soft as the Rosso.

also the Angel GT is a newer tire than Rosso with a composite compound that lasts 30% more.

Straight up braking power the Angel GT are very good due to having harder compound in the middle. This is one the main reasons angel GT was my #1 choice.

I've seen myself many Ducati with Angel GT on, with over 10K km and still with lots of thread left. on a light bike, they can easily last 15K.

so, no tire is better than the other, they are different, just do a little research.

The Diablo 2's are a different type of tire Than the Angel GT's. If I were running at a track the Diablo 2's or Corsica's would be a better choice in the Pirelli's The Angels GT's are touted to get more mileage on the tires than the Diablo 2's. I don't do any track days so for me it was a better choice to go with the Angels as I was advised by 4 of us in the forum at the Bira race track & it was good advise. Both tires grip real well on all surfaces short of dirt riding & sand that you can't see on the road. The Gt's seem to do a bit better in rain I have noticed. I am certain there are tire choices equal in other brands but it's like getting a Suzuki compared to a Kawi or Honda. More availability & most of the time in stock.

Rambling there is a Maxxis tire the next soi down from Pattaya nua (about a kilo or so) on Sukimvette you might try to get a price for them there. Sometimes Honda & Kawasaki charges more but sometimes they charge less as well.The Maxxis shop does a real good job & does not charge for the mounting if bought there & they also carry other brands to look at. If you remember it is really cheap & worth it to put the 90 degree angle valve stems on the rims. Way easier to fill the tires & check the pressures.

The Diablo 2's are a different type of tire Than the Angel GT's. If I were running at a track the Diablo 2's or Corsica's would be a better choice in the Pirelli's The Angels GT's are touted to get more mileage on the tires than the Diablo 2's. I don't do any track days so for me it was a better choice to go with the Angels as I was advised by 4 of us in the forum at the Bira race track & it was good advise. Both tires grip real well on all surfaces short of dirt riding & sand that you can't see on the road. The Gt's seem to do a bit better in rain I have noticed. I am certain there are tire choices equal in other brands but it's like getting a Suzuki compared to a Kawi or Honda. More availability & most of the time in stock.

Rambling there is a Maxxis tire the next soi down from Pattaya nua (about a kilo or so) on Sukimvette you might try to get a price for them there. Sometimes Honda & Kawasaki charges more but sometimes they charge less as well.The Maxxis shop does a real good job & does not charge for the mounting if bought there & they also carry other brands to look at. If you remember it is really cheap & worth it to put the 90 degree angle valve stems on the rims. Way easier to fill the tires & check the pressures.

The Gt's seem to do a bit better in rain I have noticed....Yes, for sure the GT's are much better in the wet..that is one of their major selling points..Just looking at the long deep sipes on them tells the story.

They are a great high speed touring -sports tyre,that can be taken to extreme limits on track as well,in fact as far as the diablo2 can , but the wet weather abilities of GT's are amazing as are the low wear rates. A brilliuant tyre all round and probably more tyre than most riders need for all round highspeed riding in all conditions including track days

Edited by garryjohns
  • Like 2

well i weight 66 kg

and only use the bike within bangkok so which psi you recommend ? the standard 30 32 or 28 32 ?

That is pretty light weight wise & it sounds like your riding mainly upright

(Not leaning into a lot of tight turns at speed)

If so I would say still try a few & see what you think but basically

I would try 30f/32r & also 28f/30r for starters

See what you think as it depends a lot on your riding style & whether your using the

edges of the tires as much as the centers

Edited by mania