Any advice for changing business visa to marriage visa

Hi,

My wife and I are in the process of closing our business. I have a business/work visa that expires on Jan 8, 2015. I am thinking I will need to change it to a marriage visa soon because I probably will not be able to renew the business visa, and even if they let me, it would be a two year visa and I would run into trouble when we close the business before the 2 years are up and then tried to transfer it over to a marriage visa.

Has anyone done this before, or have any advice on how to go about doing this. My business visa was issued in the BOI one-stop office and I will need to get a marriage visa from the main office in Chang Wattana, so I suspect there will be some headaches doing the transfer.

Thanks,

Phil

You would be applying for an extension of stay, not a visa, that are different things.

It would not be a "transfer" but a new application to be made with 30 days the end of your allowed stay.

You can find the requirements in any of many thousand threads about that, like 400K in bank, marriage certificate, photos, etc.

On a similar subject, I have been on a retirement visa for 16 years (just renewed for the 17th time). I married my Thai wife shortly after I got the first retirement visa, and in view of various changes, woner a) if it if worth changing to a married visa and cool.png if so, what the procedure would be.

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to default font

On a similar subject, I have been on a retirement visa for 16 years (just renewed for the 17th time). I married my Thai wife shortly after I got the first retirement visa, and in view of various changes, woner a) if it if worth changing to a married visa and cool.png if so, what the procedure would be.

When go to do your next extension application you would apply for one based upon marriage instead of retirement.

Your wife will need to go with you and have all the required documents for the extension based upon marriage.

I suggest you not have financial proof sufficient for an extension based upon retirement or they may not do the change. Just show the 400k baht bank balance for 60 days or 40k baht income needed for an extension based upon marriage.

• Like 1

To the OP.

To do the change to an extension based upon marriage you will first need to cancel your extension based upon working at the one stop and then go Chaeng Wattana to apply for the one based upon marriage. You would have do both on the same day.

If you had problem getting the one year extension based upon marriage you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and do the one year extension later.