'Defrauded' Briton Found Dead In Chiang Mai Guesthouse

Lite Beer

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its fraud and she should be prosecuted , Otherwise this is a very morally sick country.

Well, what a surprise!

And good luck proving the fraud has taken place.

I wrote early. When you buy property for breeding (personal breeding/elephant breeding or whatever) you do not own it. The lady owns it. He signed a document that his money was not involved...... if they were married. If she was a girlfriend, he bought her a gift of property. He withdrew the money, put it in a backpack and handed it to her. No theft, no fraud. He knew it was in her name. They went together to a realtor, and she handed the realtor the money. He then did the same to register it as a business (in her name).

This lady will never see the inside of a jail, nor will that money ever get returned. The only breeding that will be taking place is with her, and several other men (probably thai).

Poor man. I have some sympathy for him, having just been defrauded myself. That is the second time and both times, not by Thais but FOREIGNERS. I should have known better and made every mistake there was to make, due to trusting the fraudster as a friend. I look back at my mistakes and can't believe I was so naive. If it was only me, I would almost certainly have to write off the loss. However, others are involved.

Not a good idea to scam a Thai because when they come for you, they hunt you down in packs and revenge is brutal.

What a sad story

So when is this girlfriend being arrested?

She gone to Oxford to grab another one. Seems that Oxford needs to polish up it's economics department.

Ex Public School boys are easily conned when they're out of their comfort zone. No 'street smarts'.

Very sad

Very sad indeed.

What a waste of a young life.

Whatever drove him to excessive drinking doesn't justify the loss of his life.

RIP young man, hope you find calm and tranquillity where you have gone now.

Sad indeed, the loss of a large sum of money has driven many people to their death. It must be a horrible situation when you realize you lost a lot of money, especially through fraud, but you just have to deal with it and move on with your life.

I see some of my friends in the US that lost large sums in the 2008 real estate crash still struggling with it mentally. Thinking about it constantly, it is so much negative thinking it seems to have a bad effect on their physical and mental health. For some it is just too much grief to handle, RIP.

Unfortunately that's true......and the responsibles for that, Governments or Institutions never were punished.

Can happens to anybody. In 2008, a royal billionaire in the UK lost hundred of millions with an US banker scheme, and he killed his self. Probably he had another hundreds to live on...but the pain in losing big part of his fortune was too much....

There should be a warning sign put up in arrivals at the airport warning of the dangers

of bar girls..... Seems to be an endless stream of sad stories like this one.... :-(

On a side note, with lots of Brits dying here, I wonder at what point their government

will step in.

The British embassy is extremely proactive. They give Brits who have run out of money a Skype phone to call anyone in the world to wire them funds, provide the names of monasteries they can doss for free and a list of lawyers without vouching for there quality for those who need legal help.

I'll give a little insight shall I? I was duped out of 14m in my first years here. No matter how bright one is, there's always a way.

I got married... bought 2 large houses (in her name of course), a new Audi, (in her name of course), and this was AFTER she had had our BABY... yes baby. Married with baby, together 2 years. I thought I had a great life. I was working in China, earning well as a consultant. I was flying back and forth every 8 weeks. Into year 3, I flew back to Thailand, went home........ and... somebody I didn't know answered my door. She had sold both houses, emptied our JOINT bank account, and done a runner with my kid.

All my hard work and savings..... yes, I too went into a depression, but I never for once thought of suicide. I decided to make a comeback and get off my ass and fight on.

I did, and eventually met a fine woman, highly educated, as I waited and chose very carefully. Married 7 years now.... nice new home and new car, wife's a lecturer at Uni.

It is easy to be duped; my ex had it planned for 3 whole goddarned years..... including baby... to entice me to depart with my savings.

However, suicide was not an option for me. It's a shame for some, who just can't face such a loss. Don't, please, take the proverbial out of this young man; it can happen to anybody, especially if well planned! sad.png

I am sorry to contradict you on this - but no. Well planned or not, it really cannot happen to anybody. For starters, the day I buy a property here I would make damn certain that it requires both signatures on the sale document. If that is not possible, I simply wouldn't do it. I have been married and divorced here, a joint account was, is and always will be totally out of the question.

As for my divorce and settlement, it cost me the grand total of 45 baht. We had a child too, but I obtained full custody.

All of this while living here permanently, 12 months a year. If I was working abroad? Absolutely zero chance of me trusting any Thai girl, no matter how plausible, no matter how apparently genuine her feelings for me.

There is a reason why it does not happen to everybody.

It's a shame I can't be a pious as you can.

Incidentally, if you didn't make any mistake or there was no chance of you trusting a Thai girl, then why did you marry one and why did you end up divorcing her then?

To quote you - "Absolutely zero chance of me trusting any Thai girl, no matter how plausible, no matter how apparently genuine her feelings for me."

Seriously? But you married one at the same time..... facepalm.gif

Sorry to contradict you too! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Wow !!!! they were able to determine how long he was dead, that was fast. maybe Khao tao should send some boys to the same school.

KT will live in infamy. One can talk about how the Cowboys are doing this season and KT will still come up in the conversation.

Edited by Friendly Stranger

The British embassy is extremely proactive. They give Brits who have run out of money a Skype phone to call anyone in the world to wire them funds, provide the names of monasteries they can doss for free and a list of lawyers without vouching for there quality for those who need legal help.

laugh.png Sorry, ran out of 'likes'.

• Like 1

Wow !!!! they were able to determine how long he was dead, that was fast. maybe Khao tao should send some boys to the same school.

KT will live in infamy. One can talk about how the Cowboys are doing this season and KT will still come up in the conversation.

How are the Bulger killers doing nowadays, after their release under new identifications? ;)

R.I.P to the poor young Brit and sincere condolences to his family and friends could the woman he loved not have returned a small bit of love and given him some help if he had a drink problem rather than just rob him of his money, but then again this is the Thai way every last penny counts greed for money always comes first in Thailand a clear conscious is not necessary here only the money counts.

• Like 1

There should be a warning sign put up in arrivals at the airport warning of the dangers

of bar girls..... Seems to be an endless stream of sad stories like this one.... :-(

On a side note, with lots of Brits dying here, I wonder at what point their government

will step in.

Good news.

The US Embassy only hands out free condoms with labels which read..."Use on your small head..This End Up"

Edited by slipperylobster

Another sad tale..... I must admit my financial status cannot be compared to " Donald Trump " in fact quite the opposite but even if things became critical for myself i could never hit the drink ( as i don't drink ) as a last " back up plan " i would become a Monk. I enjoy all the Buddha things and the temples and my life at present can hardly be described as " Rock n' Roll but i am extremely happy living a simple life here in Thailand.( in fact i can be " Irritatingly Chirpy " .... )

Of course not all Thai ladies are the same but 95 percent of them are " caught up in this materialistic way of life " where they seem to think money is they key to happiness! It should be noted viewers that i have had in the past " luxury sports cars " ( as seen on Top Gear ) hilltop luxury pads over looking the Ocean and " a big enough wadge to choke a donkey " but it never made me any happier! When you live a simple life here in Thailand on an " all in budget of just 6000 baht a month " not only do you really appreciate the simple things in life but you start to realize that " The Best things in life are free " ( very true ) I am 50 years old and been single for most of my life and for now it will be staying that way................

Farang Jaideewai2.gif

Living your simple life, where exactly did you meet the 95% of Thai ladies that are all the same ? Oh and please try and refrain from signing all your posts with something many ladies tell you after buying them a drink.

will step in.

I'm sure most know the dangers but go ahead anyway, so a warning wouldn't make any difference.

EyesWideOpen. The British government won't be interested, they are too busy getting rich at the ordinary peoples expense.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another sad tale..... I must admit my financial status cannot be compared to " Donald Trump " in fact quite the opposite but even if things became critical for myself i could never hit the drink ( as i don't drink ) as a last " back up plan " i would become a Monk. I enjoy all the Buddha things and the temples and my life at present can hardly be described as " Rock n' Roll but i am extremely happy living a simple life here in Thailand.( in fact i can be " Irritatingly Chirpy " .... )

Of course not all Thai ladies are the same but 95 percent of them are " caught up in this materialistic way of life " where they seem to think money is they key to happiness! It should be noted viewers that i have had in the past " luxury sports cars " ( as seen on Top Gear ) hilltop luxury pads over looking the Ocean and " a big enough wadge to choke a donkey " but it never made me any happier! When you live a simple life here in Thailand on an " all in budget of just 6000 baht a month " not only do you really appreciate the simple things in life but you start to realize that " The Best things in life are free " ( very true ) I am 50 years old and been single for most of my life and for now it will be staying that way................

Farang Jaideewai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Living your simple life, where exactly did you meet the 95% of Thai ladies that are all the same ? Oh and please try and refrain from signing all your posts with something many ladies tell you after buying them a drink.

Mr Bangkokhatter ( lol ) Just for the record i have never been bought a drink by a lady in a bar,i don't like bars ( i get amazingly bored and get " a bit twitchy " after just a few minutes ......) I like to meet people in a more natural way of just " being out on a daily stroll ......"

Farang Jaidee wub.png

will step in.

Bar girls????? Many men that I worked with in camps in Canada were done in by "Not a Bar girls". Still making morgage payments on houses they are not legally entitled to go in.

None of them married a "hooker" many of them divorced "Hookers". It is not just bar girls & hookers cheating people out of their money. Judges lawyers police any can be corrupt

the entire Canadian & American "Justice" systems are a perversion of justice.

• Like 1

Sad. It always surprises me how you can take some of the smartest and most cunning businessmen from around the world, men that were probably very shrewd in business, bring them to Thailand, wave some ass in front of them, and they all seem to make the stupidest business decisions possible. Unbelievable!!!

• Like 2