What happens if you lose your departure card?

It's no big deal, happens all the time.

If you are leaving Thailand, just get another at immigration and explain what happened.

If you need to visit immigration no problem, explain what happened and they'll give you a new one. Do note that some offices want to see a police report of the loss.

I would however take better care of my passport, it's much more of a pain and cost to replace that when it's been chewed :P

• Like 1

Reminds me of the story of the Chinese chap who got stuck in South Korea after his child "added features" to his passport photo with a biro! (though there is a theory that it is a fake)

http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/2014/06/02/dad-stuck-in-korea-after-son-scribbles-all-over-passport

Consider yourself lucky. Also could Crossy be a little slower I didn't get a chance to say "Sorry chap, its the firing squad out the back for you" blink.png

Edited by draftvader
  • Like 1

There is a little office at the airport (which not many people know about) - not surprising really when so many people and coming and going.

The one lonely staffer in there will issue you with another at no charge.

It used to be in a room to the right of the entrance of the old airport site - but I don't know where it is now located - you'll have to pester the staff at the airport until you find one who understands what you're talking about.

The huge advantage of going there is that he/she will deal with you immediately - plus it's probably closer than Lipa Noi.

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1