The new Yamaha R1

BSJ

When I saw the Kawasaki H2R I am thinking it's a bit like Thor's hammer. When your up against it on any other superbike your most probably screwed! But it's not a road bike and the standard version....well it's a little bulky for it's 200HP. I am still impressed with the H2, but with the release of the new R1 I am thinking the H2 is up for some real competition on the street.

Will be interesting to see the side by side comparisons of the 2.

And the R1 looks the business in the photos I have seen.

post-63954-0-84885700-1416131415_thumb.j

post-63954-0-52969400-1416131440_thumb.j

post-63954-0-87659900-1416131461_thumb.j

post-63954-0-13103500-1416131480_thumb.j

• Like 2

I don't care much for the HP race between brands, but from a collectors point of view, I would go with the Kawa. In 20 - 30 years time, the R1 will just be another one in a long list of other R1's, but the Kawa will stand as an icon and be a collectors dream.

So, go out and invest now! thumbsup.giftongue.png

I don't care much for the HP race between brands, but from a collectors point of view, I would go with the Kawa. In 20 - 30 years time, the R1 will just be another one in a long list of other R1's, but the Kawa will stand as an icon and be a collectors dream.

go out and ride or go out and invest?

prefer to go out and ride so yamaha r1 is superior bike than a poster bike kawa turbo IMO.

r1m also can be considered as a collectors bike as it will be a limited addition. a great bike it is to ride as well!

Edited by ll2

prefer to go out and ride so yamaha r1 is superior bike than a poster bike kawa turbo IMO.

r1m also can be considered as a collectors bike as it will be a limited addition. a great bike it is to ride as well!

Small correction the Kawasaki Ninja H2 is not a TURBO powered motorcycle, it has a SUPERCHARGER... Yes, it's both forced inducetion, but it is a completely different technology...

• Like 1

Wow. The new r1 is really ugly.

Yeah, that fairing looks all wrong.

Find many of the new bikes just too 'Busy' style-wise for me.

Bits and pieces all over, no flowing lines any more that draw your eye from the front wheel/fender thru the fuel tank, engine, seat and back.

Getting old I guess !

• Like 1

My comment was tongue in cheek, but if I had to choose, I would still go for the Kawa for the wow factor.

I agree with Seedy tough, too much going on in modern bikes. I prefer the smooth lines of the MV F3 for example. Love that bike.

• Like 1

i believe new R1 looks magnificent. Especially R1M with carbon bits.

Loved how the placed the headlights and made it similar to Yamaha moto gp bike.

and yes kawa turbo looks very busy - but sexy - but R1 does not look that busy IMO. a good balance.

Hope to see it here at a reasonable price as i am interested on this bike.

• Like 1

and yes kawa turbo looks very busy - but sexy - but R1 does not look that busy IMO. a good balance.

A magic ride on the previous model, like the look of the 2015 but would like to see pipes under seat.

• Like 1

A magic ride on the previous model, like the look of the 2015 but would like to see pipes under seat.

After have ridden a bike with pipes under the seat I disagree. On a hot summers day in Oz it's as bad as sitting at the traffic lights on a Harley...except it's your R's getting warm not your legs and thighs!

Is there a dealer in Bangkok that might get this R1 in?

Name?

Google map or GPS Coordinates?

There's a Yamaha dealer in BKK (among other locations)- I met the GM at the Terminal 21 show in April- he speaks great English and was working hard to take on Kawi and Honda for a piece of the local market. I can't find his business card, but if it turns up I'll post his details. He can't be that hard to find, though...

They sold the 2014 R1- I would imagine they'll be getting the new one (though probably not the limited R1M, but that's just my guess).

Edited- while Yamaha definitely has dealers in LOS, I believe I'm actually thinking of the Suzuki GM (whose name is Tom)- I have some notes on a different computer (which is on the other side of the Earth at the moment).;)

Edited by RubberSideDown

Name?

There's a Yamaha dealer in BKK (among other locations)- I met the GM at the Terminal 21 show in April- he speaks great English and was working hard to take on Kawi and Honda for a piece of the local market. I can't find his business card, but if it turns up I'll post his details. He can't be that hard to find, though...

They sold the 2014 R1- I would imagine they'll be getting the new one (though probably not the limited R1M, but that's just my guess).

Thx, if you have a google map of the location and the name of the dealership it would help ... I use a GPS to navigate around Bangkok ... I'm lost without it ...

Name?

here we go buddy.

their website:

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/ridersclub/default.aspx

and not exact but it is somewhere around Suttisan MRT:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/MRT+%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%98%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3/@13.7879749,100.5753044,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x30e29c2d48a49a05:0xdc4912d802dced1a

and address and contacts:

Bangkok

211 Ratchadapisek Rd., Dindang, Bangkok

Show room Tel :

02-276-0222 Ext. 800, 809 Fax : 02-276-0220

Sale Person Information :

1. Mr. Chatree 089-777-6290

2. Mr. Worawut 089-768-6494

3. Mr. Pantachoke 080-264-6116

Service and Spare part :

1. Mr. Min 084-354-3652

Note: LWM, are you ready for the Buri Ram track day?:))

Edited by ll2

Thx II2 and ATF ... I will have a go at finding it on Saturday ... I'm close to shooting my wad ... this new R1 might just get me over the top ... :)

Buri Ram ... can't <deleted> wait!! ... going up on Friday Dec 5th

• Like 1

Thx II2 and ATF ... I will have a go at finding it on Saturday ... I'm close to shooting my wad ... this new R1 might just get me over the top ... smile.png

sure, wait for the new R1 as it is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Thx II2 and ATF ... I will have a go at finding it on Saturday ... I'm close to shooting my wad ... this new R1 might just get me over the top ... smile.png

Thanks buddy but don't think you'll get one before March. Good choice.

Small correction the Kawasaki Ninja H2 is not a TURBO powered motorcycle, it has a SUPERCHARGER... Yes, it's both forced inducetion, but it is a completely different technology...

What is of interest to me is how Kawasaki designed a 2 step, planetary transmission to run the supercharger, very impressive engineering tech. What I'm curious to know is how the aftermarket guys are going to try (and they will) generate more boost, as it won't be as simple as a pulley change. :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Agree partly but don't like carrying passengers so it's them that get the heat and disagree as having had ridden one the heat was not felt by me when riding or stopping at lights.smile.png

agree I find its not that hot under my seat when I ride the bike.
  • Like 1

Agree partly but don't like carrying passengers so it's them that get the heat and disagree as having had ridden one the heat was not felt by me when riding or stopping at lights.smile.png

Yeah well I'm glad somebody agree's I don't know why other riders find it hot when it's as I say under the passenger's seat if you have one, more heat from engine than anything else really IMHO, like any bike.

Yeah well I'm glad somebody agree's I don't know why other riders find it hot when it's as I say under the passenger's seat if you have one, more heat from engine than anything else really IMHO, like any bike.

Well my R's maybe bigger than yours and attract more heat per sq cm....or maybe some bikes are better than others.

• Like 1

Well my R's maybe bigger than yours and attract more heat per sq cm....or maybe some bikes are better than others.

Don't you mean A'sis bigger. biggrin.png