NCPO inviting editors for second meeting

webfact

NCPO inviting editors for second meeting
By Digital Content

14161849369054-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 17 -- Col Winthai Suvaree, spokesman of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), said Sunday that the Council is prepared to clear doubts with media associations while asserting that it is not threatening media.

Col Winthai said NCPO had only asked Thai PBS television executives to refrain from presenting news which could create conflicts or divisiveness in the country and they had asked the executives to help move the country forward.

No law was threatened against the television station and we are “ready to meet with media associations in order to reach a better understanding.”

Reliable sources said the committee monitoring news plans to invite media association representatives for talks which would be the second time since the military seized administrative power on May 22.

Stressing that NCPO respects everybody and works with the media “like a family member,” Col Winthai said worries by media associations could be settled through talks between both sides. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-11-17

Homing pigeons have started on this thread already. first 3 pm haters.

Having a meeting never hurt anyone, but it depends if you attend--I know of SOMEONEover 6 months ago rarely attended meetings.whistling.gif

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

Having a meeting never hurt anyone, but it depends if you attend--I know of SOMEONEover 6 months ago rarely attended meetings.whistling.gif

Where in the article was Pryudh mentioned? That's right, he wasn't. Or perhaps you meant P.M. as in afternoon?

We're not threatening you, just only publish what we feed to you, if you try to investigate further and publish the truth we will take you to the bloody cleaners.

Now where is that big Thai smile? Remember we are all happy in Thailand. Now give me three cheers for the dear leader, like loyal little subjects.

• Like 2

I think the time has come to tell the NCPO to bugger off. Enough is enough.

The General's true colors are now on display and most are not happy.

Time to end the charade and call for open civilian elections and send the boys in green back to the barricks. The coup has turned out to be mostly a total failure. The only thing it achieved was to put a halt to the impending red/yellow civil war. But only temporarily.

Time for a fresh coup.
  • Like 2

Time to end the charade and call for open civilian elections and send the boys in green back to the barricks. The coup has turned out to be mostly a total failure. The only thing it achieved was to put a halt to the impending red/yellow civil war. But only temporarily.

It doesn't matter which way you paint it, flim flam it or rewrite it, whats at the end of this trail or one that sees the most popular party in power....is civil war because neither side can accept each other. Most observers are aware the army is far from neutral so at some point, maybe not in my lifetime somebody will confront them full on. That tipping point maybe far in the future , it maybe next week but I cant see a way its not going to happen. Mines is only an opinion, you may have a different one.

Time for a fresh coup.

Not so funny if you believe that there is senior ranking officers aligned to Thaksin

You actually think there should be an election in this country? You must be joking.

• Like 1

I can understand the need to try and keep harmony in the country, but stopping people expressing their views is simply not an effective way of doing it.

To create harmony they have to listen to all views, and even if people are critical of the NCPO i am sure they would be more placated should they be able to air those grievances.

Simply stopping any negative reporting is not going to make people change their views, in fact probably quite the opposite.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Having a meeting never hurt anyone, but it depends if you attend--I know of SOMEONEover 6 months ago rarely attended meetings. alt=whistling.gif>

“The army chief [Gen. Prayuth] also stressed that the NCPO has no intention of using its power to restrict rights or freedoms of the media.” 2014-07-05

If the NCPO truly had no intention to use its military might over the Thai Peoples, why would it need to have granted itself in the NCPO Announcements and the Interim CharterThailand its right to absolute power over the Thai Peoples?

Say hello to Thailand, the Hub of Hypocrisy. wai2.gif

So, does the girl get her job back so she can feed her part of this big family?

Haven't seen the Colonel for a while, maybe got better offer? Hollywood calling?

"refrain from presenting news which could create conflicts or divisiveness in the country" Isn't that what some news is? Reporting on people’s views, what the community may be looking for, a opposition member opposing a government initiative that is not good for his/her area, government spending, taxes, lack of direction in implementing social programs, conflict with the Government and who they want to get into bed with, military spending, human trafficking, court martial process and how it interferes with social and criminal justice systems etc. etc.

Do I need to list any more areas that one can't comment on? But you get what I am getting at.

You actually think there should be an election in this country? You must be joking.

actually, yes.

Reinstate the 2007 constitution and tell the EC to get to work. New elections in 2-3 months.

ah, never mind. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Where in the article was Pryudh mentioned? That's right, he wasn't. Or perhaps you meant P.M. as in afternoon?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif My word ! your really on your toes, Didn't say he was mentioned, Thinking is not your favourite is it ? I just added this for the sake of it, why not ?? any subject that the PM is NOT mentioned your clan bring him into it--True or false.??

actually, yes.

Reinstate the 2007 constitution and tell the EC to get to work. New elections in 2-3 months.

ah, never mind. coffee1.gif

For anyone even having it in their mind an old country saying, They'd be "as thick as two short planks--or as thick as pig muck.

Of course! You think the voters of your home country are the only ones entitled to choose their government? What a patronising attitude.