Prayut blows his top when asked about father's land sale

webfact

just badly reported

Is that why reporters are still asking questions?

It's not like he is trying to hide anything.

Yes he is. He, as the title of the OP states, 'blew his top' at even being questioned. Why should he blow his top if all was 'above board'?

No one is questioning whether the price was too high or too low

I am questioning if the price was too high or too low. If the price was too high, it is obviously a method of funneling money into the PM's bank account. I kinda doubt it is too low. I can't think of a better way to reward the PM for overthrowing the Yingluck Thaksin government than a nice hunk of cash; how clever to pass it to him out in the open, so to speak. All the rich 'elite' wanted the coup and now he gets his well-deserved reward. Why is that so hard to suppose?

There would certainly be questions as to how he came to have 180 mil baht apart from the land sale

So, you admit he might have gotten the 180,000,000 Baht he already had (does that include his wife, daughter, maid, etc.'s accounts?) through less than legal means but you are 100% positive this land deal was not a 'pay off' for the coup. How does that work? No one gets into his high place in the army without being 'bent' and nobody who is 'bent' goes straight. Pull the wool off your eyes; Thaksin and Co. aren't the only crooks in Thailand.

but really, that's about it

How could you possibly know that that is the full extent of his corruption? And even if it was 'about it', isn't 180 million Baht on a general's salary (and that's just the money he didn't hide) evidence enough of a lifetime of criminal behavior? If it was Chalerm, I know you would be writing the exact opposite of what you are posting on this thread. Pull the wool off your eyes; Thaksin and Co. aren't the only crooks in Thailand.

What are the questions that the reporters are actually asking?

There has been no report that I've seen suggesting the the price was too high or too low. Everyone knows where the land is. Everyone knows how much it was sold for. No one (that I've seen) has said it was worth anything different to what it was sold for.

As far as the land is concerned, that is about it. It has been in the family a long time - maybe 40-50 years. If someone wants go back that far and discuss how the family got the land, then I think they are wasting their time.

I have never said that he didn't get his money through corruption. But this particular land deal is just clouding that issue. Unless someone can point out issues with the land deal, then forget about it. Focus on other issues.

It's like Yingluck's meeting with land developers. So many people were focusing on the "affair" side of things that they ignored that she was hiding that she had the meeting.

It's like Yingluck's meeting with land developers

Exactly the same. There was no investigation of that meeting (there should have been).

Unless someone can point out issues with the land deal,

Very hard to point out anything when there can be no investigation and the PM shuts down all questioning.

Again, I ask, why all this defense for the general? Is he you friend? You sure are ready to accept more than I on faith alone; since you don't have any more information than the rest of us. I have zero faith in any Thai leader and that even includes Abhisit whom everyone said wasn't corrupt. It must be nice to be so trusting.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all do business deals ? But sit on boards of directors of SOEs which is a clear conflict of interest over their military roles.

See this is where I have a problem with, taking payments or taking free trips for being on a board of directors , and any other perk that is given by 3rd parties is corruption.

For example business developers offer " a nice gold Rolex" for doing business with them is not a token of appreciation it's corruption

The company I worked for on the past strictly forbid the receiving of gifts or monies in any capacity that wasn't linked to salaries from inside the company's or outside of it, as it leaves them susceptible to US corruption laws,

Even accepting a free meal was not allowed, bribery and corruption go hand I hand

Accepting a brand new car from a dealer as a gift for being on a board of directors is an act of bribery and corruption.

This is why it's such a huge problem in Thailand as they simply do not see it that way.

All that is needed is for a rival competitor who didn't get that lucrative contract seeing you drive around in the flash " gift" from his rival competitor to cry "foul" and ask what other "incentives" were gifted to win the contract.

That is bribery and corruption and it's never going to go away as long as Thais don't have moral compasses !!!

So far the only word that it belonged to the family for a very long time is from someone who said, it belonged to me since I was a child and now shut up. Very credible source isn't it?

It should be easy to verify how long he or his family owned it for. Questioning him further on it won't change the answer.

Exactly the same. There was no investigation of that meeting (there should have been).

Very hard to point out anything when there can be no investigation and the PM shuts down all questioning.

Again, I ask, why all this defense for the general? Is he you friend? You sure are ready to accept more than I on faith alone; since you don't have any more information than the rest of us. I have zero faith in any Thai leader and that even includes Abhisit whom everyone said wasn't corrupt. It must be nice to be so trusting.

What more information do you want from him about the land deal? Asking the same questions won't get different answers. Anyone with knowledge on the value of the land should know whether the price was right or not. The current owners should be registered at the land office. Even when he or his family bought it should be registered at the land office. INVESTIGATE.

I am not defending the general. I am not saying there wasn't some involvement in corruption with how he got his money.

I am saying stop wasting time asking the wrong questions.

What more information do you want from him about the land deal? Asking the same questions won't get different answers. Anyone with knowledge on the value of the land should know whether the price was right or not. The current owners should be registered at the land office. Even when he or his family bought it should be registered at the land office. INVESTIGATE.

I am not defending the general. I am not saying there wasn't some involvement in corruption with how he got his money.

Who will investigate. The agencies responsible have either been disbanded or put under the control of compliant yes men and laws have been changed to make it virtually impossible to take any action anyway - sounds awfully familiar..........

• Like 2

So, a hundred million Baht payment to the general is of no consequence and should be overlooked? Up to you. BTW, the fact that some of us do want an investigation and you keep interjecting your belief that it is wrong to bring this topic up, IS defending the general by your very repetition and persistence. You are behaving much like a Thaksin/Yingluck supporter of the past i.e. 'nothing to see here, move along'. I don't know if I am wasting my time or not when the general has shut down discussion/investigation.

BTW, is it true that there is an entity in the BVI that is one of the buyers and we cannot find out who is represented by that entity? Still no red flags? Prayut 'blows his top' and still no red flags. What a trusting soul you are. I hope you are on any jury I am in the docket for.

Who will investigate. The agencies responsible have either been disbanded or put under the control of compliant yes men and laws have been changed to make it virtually impossible to take any action anyway - sounds awfully familiar..........

Someone's been investigating. They know who bought it, so they should just as easily find it when Prayuth's family bought it. They know how much it was bought for.

Land sold to a company registered for 1 week in the most notorious of all tax shelters. Turns out the major owner is none other than the immediate family of that lunatic hiso who pronounced that rural Thais are uneducated and should not have equal vote, that democracy should not apply in Thailand ( she born into a life of extraordinary privilege, unearned mega wealth).Who is surprised by any of this? Not even those on this forum who were so certain that things were going to change for the better and that the new govt is the best thing since sliced bread.

• Like 1

Someone's been investigating. They know who bought it, so they should just as easily find it when Prayuth's family bought it. They know how much it was bought for.

I know my neighbor bought a new car, and the salesman told me how much he paid, but that is as far as I will get.

And he isn't even a general that throws me in an army jail if I ask too many questions

Land sold to a company registered for 1 week in the most notorious of all tax shelters. Turns out the major owner is none other than the immediate family of that lunatic hiso who pronounced that rural Thais are uneducated and should not have equal vote, that democracy should not apply in Thailand ( she born into a life of extraordinary privilege, unearned mega wealth).Who is surprised by any of this? Not even those on this forum who were so certain that things were going to change for the better and that the new govt is the best thing since sliced bread.

Psst, Singha isn't owned by Charoen

• Like 1

So, a hundred million Baht payment to the general is of no consequence and should be overlooked? Up to you. BTW, the fact that some of us do want an investigation and you keep interjecting your belief that it is wrong to bring this topic up, IS defending the general by your very repetition and persistence. You are behaving much like a Thaksin/Yingluck supporter of the past i.e. 'nothing to see here, move along'. I don't know if I am wasting my time or not when the general has shut down discussion/investigation.

BTW, is it true that there is an entity in the BVI that is one of the buyers and we cannot find out who is represented by that entity? Still no red flags? Prayut 'blows his top' and still no red flags. What a trusting soul you are. I hope you are on any jury I am in the docket for.

What hundred million baht payment is being overlooked?

What do you want investigated? The article linked to earlier has most of the information. It doesn't have when the family bought the property, but as I said, that should be easy to verify. The asset declaration has most of the details. Is anyone questioning the specific details in that? From what I've read, it all seems to add up. The only thing that is being questioned about that is how Prayuth came to have 180 million baht besides the property. And as I've said, that is worth questioning.

If there is no problem with the price, what difference does it make who bought the property?

What else do you want to know?

The land was sold to a Thai company, with one of the shareholders being a BVI company. One of the other shareholders was apparently Charoen.

What do you want investigated? The article linked to earlier has most of the information. It doesn't have when the family bought the property, but as I said, that should be easy to verify. The asset declaration has most of the details. Is anyone questioning the specific details in that? From what I've read, it all seems to add up. The only thing that is being questioned about that is how Prayuth came to have 180 million baht besides the property. And as I've said, that is worth questioning.

If there is no problem with the price, what difference does it make who bought the property?

There at least two reporters who don't feel they know enough, therefore they asked questions the made the PM 'blow his top'.

If there's nothing to hide, why are you and the PM so against further investigation; including questions? You've really gone the extra mile in rebutting any negative suspicion of the general's business at every opportunity.

There at least two reporters who don't feel they know enough, therefore they asked questions the made the PM 'blow his top'.

If there's nothing to hide, why are you and the PM so against further investigation; including questions? You've really gone the extra mile in rebutting any negative suspicion of the general's business at every opportunity.

They ask the general things that they should be asking others. Why would the seller know anything about the purchasers company. This is all relatively old news. 18 months since the sale and over 6 weeks since the assets declaration. Surely an investigating reporter would have more information by now. Or is it just reporters asking the same stupid questions that they have seen on Facebook etc.

Prayuth actually answered the question about the 7 day old company by telling the reporter to ask the company .. which is the correct response!

They ask the general things that they should be asking others. Why would the seller know anything about the purchasers company. This is all relatively old news. 18 months since the sale and over 6 weeks since the assets declaration. Surely an investigating reporter would have more information by now. Or is it just reporters asking the same stupid questions that they have seen on Facebook etc.

Prayuth actually answered the question about the 7 day old company by telling the reporter to ask the company .. which is the correct response!

Why are you such a staunch Prayut apologist? You remind me of all the blind Thaksin/Yingluck apologist I have been arguing with for years. There is NO uncorrupted individual in any position of authority in all the RTP, RTA, or Thai government and yet, you are all so sure he COULDN'T have done anything wrong. Amazing Thailand; Amazing TVF.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 2

Maybe this one:

What may confuse what Prayuth reported is that his declaration also included the transfer of 268 million baht to his father and siblings, and a further 198.5 million baht to his children. These amounts were listed as "expenses" and were not part of his total assets.

Courtesy of Rickirs in post $233

Why would the seller know anything about the purchasers company.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

<deleted>. I can understand why he blew his top!! I am not against an investigation. I said earlier - INVESTIGATE.

You didn't answer what 100 miilion baht payment was being overlooked?

What questions haven't been answered? The new owners are known. The price is known. The division of the proceeds are known. He said the property has been in the family a long time. Asking that question again won't get a different answer. If you don't believe the answer, INVESTIGATE.

The family sold a piece of land. What specific information do you have that suggests that there was something wrong with the deal? Was there something wrong with the price? Was there something wrong with the buyer? Was there something wrong with the timing?

I am not "rebutting any negative suspicion of the general's business at every opportunity." I am saying, unless you know or have a suspicion of something specific about the land deal, don't focus on it. There are plenty of other issues that to have suspicion about.

<deleted>. I can understand why he blew his top!! I am not against an investigation. I said earlier - INVESTIGATE.

What questions haven't been answered? The new owners are known. The price is known. The division of the proceeds are known. He said the property has been in the family a long time. Asking that question again won't get a different answer. If you don't believe the answer, INVESTIGATE.

The family sold a piece of land. What specific information do you have that suggests that there was something wrong with the deal? Was there something wrong with the price? Was there something wrong with the buyer? Was there something wrong with the timing?

I am not "rebutting any negative suspicion of the general's business at every opportunity." I am saying, unless you know or have a suspicion of something specific about the land deal, don't focus on it. There are plenty of other issues that to have suspicion about.

He said the property has been in the family a long time

How long is a piece of string?

In earlier posts you suggested a long time was 20 years, lately you are even suggesting it is 50 years, and maybe soon you will suggest 100 years, but fact is that nobody has answered HOW LONG in fact.

Why are you such a staunch Prayut apologist? You remind me of all the blind Thaksin/Yingluck apologist I have been arguing with for years. There is NO uncorrupted individual in any position of authority in all the RTP, RTA, or Thai government. You are all so sure he COULDN'T have done anything wrong. Amazing Thailand; Amazing TVF.

Nope. Not sure he couldn't have done wrong .. just require PROOF that he has. Most of the information and arguments here are from one source ' isra news agency ' the original story from Oct. I'm just stating that if there have been improprieties they should have further information by now. Of which there seems none!

Maybe this one:

What may confuse what Prayuth reported is that his declaration also included the transfer of 268 million baht to his father and siblings, and a further 198.5 million baht to his children. These amounts were listed as "expenses" and were not part of his total assets.

I discussed that earlier in response to Orac.

Depending on when the land was transferred to Prayuth (and others) from his father, the proceeds of the land deal probably went into Prayuth's bank account. Prayuth then distributed them to the appropriate family members. The numbers add up for what was declared.

There you go again; defending the PM.

I saw what was purported to be an aerial photo of the land in question and it is not so large and it is nowhere near a built up commercial area so I question how it can be worth 600 million Baht. That alone is enough for me to be suspicious.

There are plenty of other issues that to have suspicion about.

I wasn't aware of them. How about you name some of them so I can be suspicious about those things too. Also, I am quite capable of being suspicious of many things at once.

I do not know if there is anything untoward surrounding the transaction, However, a smart investigating reporter that knew there was something wrong would approach matters in just this way. In the current climate in Thailand, direct accusations against the general and his family would almost certainly result in criminal as well as civil proceedings against the reporter (regardless of the truth of the allegations). The safer course is to ask questions aimed at bringing the circumstances into the open while painting a smaller target on yourself.

• Like 1

He said the property has been in the family a long time

How long is a piece of string?

In earlier posts you suggested a long time was 20 years, lately you are even suggesting it is 50 years, and maybe soon you will suggest 100 years, but fact is that nobody has answered HOW LONG in fact.

Without going back and looking at my earlier posts, IIRC the first mention of the land being in the family a long time, I quoted the article where Prayuth said it was his since he was a kid. That would have been 40-50 years ago. I am not clear from the reports about when exactly it was bought by the family or when/if/how much it was in possession of Prayuth. Whatever that is, it still seems that it was in the family for a long time.

No one has answered specifically when it came into the family, and I said earlier, that is worth investigating. But given the land office should have those records, it shouldn't be too difficult to INVESTIGATE.

Maybe this one:

I discussed that earlier in response to Orac.

Depending on when the land was transferred to Prayuth (and others) from his father, the proceeds of the land deal probably went into Prayuth's bank account. Prayuth then distributed them to the appropriate family members. The numbers add up for what was declared.

So why would the proceeds from his fathers land sale go in to Prayuth's account and not his own account?

Or why would the father transfer land to Prayuth if it actually belonged to all other sibblings? Even in Thailand they have shared accounts and there are ways to transfer a big plot of land to several people.

Does your father transfer land meant for your sister in to your name?

Psst, Singha isn't owned by Charoen

Yes, I'm wrong. It happens once in a blue moon...

• Like 2

Having checked a bit further, The Isra News Centre actual said the declarations show the money, 540m baht, was transferred from his fathers account to Prayut on 10th May who them redistributed it to family members including some back to his father so it does appear that his father sold the land and received the payment for it.

• Like 1

There you go again; defending the PM.

I saw what was purported to be an aerial photo of the land in question and it is not so large and it is nowhere near a built up commercial area so I question how it can be worth 600 million Baht. That alone is enough for me to be suspicious.

There are plenty of other issues that to have suspicion about.

I wasn't aware of them. How about you name some of them so I can be suspicious about those things too. Also, I am quite capable of being suspicious of many things at once.

Where am I defending him???????????? As far as I can see, most of the information is there. What else do you want to know?

I haven't seen any other reports questioning the value. What is your valuation of the land? Can you link to any reports suggesting another value? It shouldn't be too hard for someone to come up with a suggested value. For a comparison, Thaksin's land case was for 33 rai at 772 million baht.

I am not defending Prayuth. I am saying focus on the right things. It is fair enough to be suspicious of the land deal, but be specific. A lot of the details are known. It basically seems above board. Not every transaction of a corrupt person is necessarily corrupt.

As I have said a number of times, where did Prayuth get 180 million baht? That is what he had excluding the land deal.