Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

I went and renewed my driving license today.

Last year I went and got my first one year Thai driving license before my previous Ed visa expired, this was based on already having a valid UK license and holding an Ed visa.

There were no problems with the PE visa, in fact far from it.

I've heard of different rules being applied at each of the land transport offices, needless to say I won't be needing to get another one until 2020 due to me having a long term visa.

• Like 2

Last year I went and got my first one year Thai driving license before my previous Ed visa expired, this was based on already having a valid UK license and holding an Ed visa.

I've heard of different rules being applied at each of the land transport offices, needless to say I won't be needing to get another one until 2020 due to me having a long term visa.

Well done. Interesting. I got my one year and First Thai driving Licence for car and bike a few weeks ago after my international one expired. Initaily told me I needed a letter from the UK Embassy in Bangkok for proof of residence. Hence to say when they saw my visa it was no longer required. Mai Pen Ria. ;) Edited by bim
  • Like 1

Well done. Imteresting. I got my one year and First Thai driving Licence for car and bike a few weeks ago after my international one expired. Initaily told me I needed a letter from the UK Embassy in Bangkok for proof of residence. Hence to say when they saw my visa it was no longer required. Mai Pen Ria. wink.png

That's also interesting, they did ask for a certificate of residence at the land transport office, I already had this as I went to immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report so I picked one up while I was there.

I also picked up a separate certificate of residence whilst at immigration yesterday which I believe might be required for opening a bank account. I plan to pop into Bangkok bank at some point in the next week or two and open a couple of accounts with them. Regardless of whether I need it or not I'm now fully prepared with all possible documentation.

• Like 2

Well done. Imteresting. I got my one year and First Thai driving Licence for car and bike a few weeks ago after my international one expired. Initaily told me I needed a letter from the UK Embassy in Bangkok for proof of residence. Hence to say when they saw my visa it was no longer required. Mai Pen Ria. wink.png

That's also interesting, they did ask for a certificate of residence at the land transport office, I already had this as I went to immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report so I picked one up while I was there.

I also picked up a separate certificate of residence whilst at immigration yesterday which I believe might be required for opening a bank account. I plan to pop into Bangkok bank at some point in the next week or two and open a couple of accounts with them. Regardless of whether I need it or not I'm now fully prepared with all possible documentation.

The Elite staff will assist you with a Bangkok Bank account I believe. A True Visions bill was all I needed for the Licence. I plan to get something called a Yellow Book which does the same thing I think for proof of residence. Wait and see but thanks for the info on the certificate. Edited by bim

If it is a Yellow Book (Tabien Baan) for a Farang owned residence, I would be interested to see how that works out. I was told by the Elite Staff that the Land Office in Chiang Mai at least would not issue a Yellow Book based on a PE visa as it is actually a tourist visa and not a non-Imm visa.

Edited by arunsakda

If it is a Yellow Book (Tabien Baan) for a Farang owned residence, I would be interested to see how that works out. I was told by the Elite Staff that the Land Office in Chiang Mai at least would not issue a Yellow Book based on a PE visa as it is actually a tourist visa and not a non-Imm visa.

Interesting thank you. But PE visa is not a tourist visa. Very different. The person who provided me with my visa in Bangkok exact words where "You can now come and go from Thailand as much as you please or live here as a Thai Citizen would. Up to you". Will keep you updated on my progress but Im not going to loose sleep on whether I get it or not.
  • Like 1

Can you pay for TE with a credit card to get the miles?

Very smart ;)

I am sure you can (but maybe they add 2,5%, like in some shops)

2.5% would cancel out any value of the miles.
Uhm... Then you pay cash.

But you won't be able to get your free Amex umbrella or a free hair drier with your miles ;)

Maybe one day Thailand Elite will team up with a bank and offer a branded credit card... Then it will be the best of both worlds and you can get some miles too ;)

With more members Thailand Elite can offer more benefits.

Go buy a card now (while it is still cheap).

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

An update from me.

I am now a member of the Thailand Easy Access program. And my impressions are exceptionally positive. The customer service is very efficient and it took them just about a week to prepare everything.

I arrived today and was greeted by a nice lady right as I exited the plane. Then there was a nice ride in one of those electric vehicles to the immigration. And all I had to do is chill out. The EPA staff takes care of everything. A 5 year multi entry visa affixed to my passport right there at the airport. The entry stamp says I can stay until dec 16 2015. The lady told me that each time I enter I get a 1 year stamp. And there is no need to report anywhere within this year should I choose to stay the whole period. And when I was through the immigration my luggage was already picked up by the staff and I was led all the way to my transport. The staff is extremely polite and attentive.

As the above posters mentioned you feel really welcome in Thailand. It felt like coming home. Highly recommended to everyone.

Yes, it's nice and easy isn't it ? You can completely forget about visas for the next 5 years now.

• Like 2

An update from me.

I am now a member of the Thailand Easy Access program. And my impressions are exceptionally positive. The customer service is very efficient and it took them just about a week to prepare everything.

I arrived today and was greeted by a nice lady right as I exited the plane. Then there was a nice ride in one of those electric vehicles to the immigration. And all I had to do is chill out. The EPA staff takes care of everything. A 5 year multi entry visa affixed to my passport right there at the airport. The entry stamp says I can stay until dec 16 2015. The lady told me that each time I enter I get a 1 year stamp. And there is no need to report anywhere within this year should I choose to stay the whole period. And when I was through the immigration my luggage was already picked up by the staff and I was led all the way to my transport. The staff is extremely polite and attentive.

As the above posters mentioned you feel really welcome in Thailand. It felt like coming home. Highly recommended to everyone.

Welcome to Thailand Elite :)

One more happy member.

You made the right decision.

Always happy to read about other people's happiness :)

Just one thing... You say "no need to report anywhere within this year", but don't forget to do (or let Thailand Elite do) your 90 days report.

If you are in Bangkok, leave your passport at the Thailand Elite office any Tuesdays and pick it up on Thursdays. You don't need to go by yourself.

Apart from that, say good bye to visa worries (of many non-Thailand Elite members), visa headaches (of many more non-Thailand Elite members), or visa related nightmares (experienced by quite a number of "tourists" and "students").

Are you joining the free Montecarlo Yachts / Thailand Elite day cruise in January?

• Like 2

Ubonjoe Whilst I agree with you I dont think my reply was in anyway trying derail the topic in fact the reverse. I would like to counter those uninformed on Thailand Elite if possible being a member myself. Much respect to you. :)

Edited by bim

Ubonjoe Whilst I agree with you I dont think my reply was in anyway trying derail the topic in fact the reverse. I would like to counter those uninformed on Thailand Elite if possible being a member myself. Much respect to you. smile.png

Your reply was not removed for derailing. It contained the derailing post (aka troll post) was the reason it was removed.

The member that made the post is fully aware of what Thai elite is about.

• Like 2

An update from me.

Well done on becoming a new member of TE. When I picked up my PE visa they did put a slip of paper informing me of the date of my first 90 day report due date. You may want to check that if you plan to stay longer than 90 days. Other than that well done and welcome. :)

Hello

I have read it all and I am very jealous of you guys :) (TE members)

I struggle a lot and may take the TE too. But as we are 2 falangs I need to find 1 million :)

Indeed 100 000/year/person is not soooooo much. Only 4 times an ED (without many hassles). Only 2-3 times the Business visa. and only 1/1.5 time the "luxurious" Business visa where you have 4 staffs and you must not go out every 3 months...

But yes you have to pay 1 time upfront...!

Who can confirm all this?

Another good news:

Yesterday I booked via email the limo/airport service from TE. Within 60 minutes I got the confirmation email.

What else do you need?

Dear Mr xxxx

Greetings from Thailand Elite Member Contact Centre....

Thank you for your mail; it was a great honor to have an opportunity to serve you today. With regards to your request the limousine service on December 23rd; we have already confirmed your service and please find letter of confirmation as per attached for your reference.

Thank you and Best Regards,

xxx

Thailand Elite Member Contact Centre

• Like 2

line at the immigration doesn't take more than one or three minutes . in bangkok they have added booths, every time I come to Thailand or leave Thailand,it takes me just 3 minutes ( 2 guys in front of me, that s all) . you just need to walk faster when you leave the aircraft and it's healthy for you too.

guys, we are talking about half million bahts which go to the pocket of immigration. with the number of poor families, with this money you could build a house for an entire family.

I m just sad to see some of you throw money through the window just because you don't want wait for your baggage in the carousel. this is why you suffer in Thailand... you have been spoiled.

this is not a troll post.

Edited by Digitalnomade

The line at the immigration today in Phuket would have been 1.5 hours if I hadnt managed to get through the express lane. There was so many people waiting to go through that people had to stop coming down the escalator otherwise there would have been a mass pile up. A complete nightmare.

Edited by CFC
  • Like 1

line at the immigration doesn't take more than one or three minutes . in bangkok they have added booths, every time I come to Thailand or leave Thailand,it takes me just 3 minutes ( 2 guys in front of me, that s all) . you just need to walk faster when you leave the aircraft and it's healthy for you too.

guys, we are talking about half million bahts which go to the pocket of immigration. with the number of poor families, with this money you could build a house for an entire family.

I m just sad to see some of you throw money through the window just because you don't want wait for your baggage in the carousel. this is why you suffer in Thailand... you have been spoiled.

this is not a troll post.

Some throw money through the window for a Thailand Elite card in order to save time at immigration and at the airport (even those who travel only with carry on luggage).

Some also throw money through the window for first class tickets in order not to have to wait at check-in, and to be first in / first out of the plane.

Some throw money through the window for top of the range lap top because the low end computers are too slow to boot.

Some throw money through the window for expensive chauffeur driven cars in order not to wait for taxis (or worse; buses).

Some use helicopters to save the time they would lose on the busy roads.

Some even throw money through the window to fly private jets, to maximize the time savings and skip all queues at airports.

Some use private bankers in order not to have to wait at a local bank branch.

Some throw money through the window for personal assistants in order to save time with the usual boring administrative tasks.

And we only speak about saving time... Not the other luxuries.

Did you build a house for a poor family with the 500,000 baht you saved by not being a Thailand Elite member?

At today's prices, even up country, you would not build anything sizable for that price anyway.

And what makes you think that Thailand Elite members do not have a "little extra money left", and actually help the society... maybe much more than you ever did, do at the moment, or will ever do?

If we follow your argument, everybody should refrain from buying anything non essential and help the poor with the money saved... Please be the first to show us the way :)

I bought the Thailand Elite card to save time and hassles, it's an evidence and it is what all the members can enjoy.

And, personally, I admit that I spend much more than the Thailand Elite fee to save time everywhere I can. Time that I can invest in better things than queuing at immigration or at a low cost airline counter.

Tell me if you want to speak about helping the society (Thailand Elite member or not). I would love to know how you help disadvantaged people living around you.

;)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

Although I am happy to remain on a Non-immigrant O Visa (Married Thai Wife), partily in the slim hope, that one day rules change for those who have been long term residents (15 Years) and allow a more permanent arrangement than the current yearly extension with THB400,000 etc, the Thai Elite does look interesting. My situation makes PR as it is now, highly unlikely to obtain, hence my interest in this.

I have just one question, we live in Udon Thani and I do my 90 Day Report here.

If I took up the Thai Elite card, can I still do my report here in Udon Thani, or does it need to be processed at Chang Wattana ?

Anyone know ?

Edited by RegularReader