Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

Excellent and timely update. There's been some of the TE detractors posting disingenuous claims that because of the 'rush' of possibly dodgy applicants, the approvals and issuing of visas was taking much longer with more people getting refused.

That sounds strange for me. Once TE got the pament I got the following email:

"Thank you very much for membership fee I will check with account team and will get back you on Monday due to account team on training. Please give me advice when you would like to get visa. "

Had an appointment 1 pm today. The guy who managed everything was on time and the Visa process took not longer then 15 minutes. I even not sign any document at the Immigration.

I just read this topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/777261-phuket-immigration-warns-of-education-visa-crackdown/ and other horrible Visa story´s. Now I feel safe and confirmed that I did everything right.

• Like 2

Now over 50 and currently on marriage extensions. Certainly would be the best option if I was 10 years younger and single. Deducting normal visa costs for 5 years and if using the limo service etc the Ellite Card seems good value for the service and hassle free lifestyle one can lead. Posts from actual members always seem to be very positive.

• Like 1

With a Thai Elite Easy Access Visa, could one get a work permit?

No.

Thailand Elite is a program for those who do not need to work and want to spend extended periods of time in Thailand. For those, there is the Thailand Elite PE (privileged entry) visa.

You can have a job and also be a Thailand Elite member though.

The first does not exclude the other. You can enjoy the other benefits, but you cannot work on a Thailand Elite PE visa.

If you still need to work, you should probably not consider joining the program.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I had the same excellent service from TE. If you read the service TE offer they will assist you in various obtaining driving licence, 90 days reports if you live in BKK and a work permit and relevent vise although I agree with Gerry if you need to work then TE may not be for you.

• Like 1

Yes, I see that they can assist in getting a work permit.... So that suggests that it is possible to obtain a work permit if one is here with the Thai Elite Visa, correct?

I am a little confused by the answers.

I work in Film and am offered the occasional gig in Thailand. Each time I must go out of the country to obtain a B visa (with paperwork supplied by the production company) and then re-enter and obtain a work permit for the duration of the gig.

I'm asking if having a Thai Elite Easy Access card eliminates the need to exit country and obtain a B Visa.....?

Thanks again

Yes, I see that they can assist in getting a work permit.... So that suggests that it is possible to obtain a work permit if one is here with the Thai Elite Visa, correct?

I work in Film and am offered the occasional gig in Thailand. Each time I must go out of the country to obtain a B visa (with paperwork supplied by the production company) and then re-enter and obtain a work permit for the duration of the gig.

I'm asking if having a Thai Elite Easy Access card eliminates the need to exit country and obtain a B Visa.....?

Thanks again

Hi. No you cannot work on the TE visa. You are best speaking to the TE team who are very helpful.

Thanks again

You could probably apply for the work permit and then change the PE visa entry to a non immigrant (B ) visa entry at immigration and then get an extension of stay based upon working after the work permit is issued.

The PE visa from the elite program would serve as a back up to the extension of stay in case you lost your job.

• Like 1

Thanks again

Hi. No you cannot work on the TE visa. You are best speaking to the TE team who are very helpful.

Will do, thanks...

So it means that I would still need to obtain a Non B and then a work permit - but I could do this while holding the TE card...

I will ask them directly

Cheers!

Thanks again

Will do, thanks...

So it means that I would still need to obtain a Non B and then a work permit - but I could do this while holding the TE card...

I will ask them directly

Cheers!

Yes mate thats my understanding of it. Ubon Joe as allways gave some good advise also
  • Like 1

OP just to confirm that they issued you your visa at BKK Immigration without the need for you to leave the country?

I read on another thread that the applicant had to leave Thailand and the visa was issued upon re entry

I am thinking of applying for the TE next year myself so the info would be helpful.

Thanks again

Will do, thanks...

I will ask them directly

Cheers!

Yes, you're correct. TE can help you with this. From what I've read once you're a TE member if you need to get an additional B visa and work permit it's clear sailing all the way.

I don't know exactly how they help but I know that they do based on something someone else posted some time ago and the fact that it's also mentioned in the documentation which comes in the membership pack you receive when you join Thailand Elite.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

OP just to confirm that they issued you your visa at BKK Immigration without the need for you to leave the country?

I read on another thread that the applicant had to leave Thailand and the visa was issued upon re entry

I am thinking of applying for the TE next year myself so the info would be helpful.

I got mine in June without leaving the country.

OP is correct I got mine in BKK no need to leave the country. You get stamped in for a year and all in all took me about 15 minutes although TE does everything for you on the day

@@ gery1011: I would say that Thailand Elite is the best solution if you want to avoid the hassles of getting a long term visa,

I agree full with you. This was the major point for me. In my opinion 500k Baht is the worth of it.

Spent almost the same amount the past few years with Visa runs flying out/in - not talking from the time I have wasted at the airports.

I know TE only for 3 months and from the forum here that´s why I made it not earlier.

is there a criminal background check requirement for the Elite Visa?

Jut asking

Yes, I wrote in my first post. After you send the appliction form with your passport copy to TE, TE send it to the immigration for a check. Once this is proved you make the payment.

• Like 1