Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

Although I am happy to remain on a Non-immigrant O Visa (Married Thai Wife), partily in the slim hope, that one day rules change for those who have been long term residents (15 Years) and allow a more permanent arrangement than the current yearly extension with THB400,000 etc, the Thai Elite does look interesting. My situation makes PR as it is now, highly unlikely to obtain, hence my interest in this.

I have just one question, we live in Udon Thani and I do my 90 Day Report here.

If I took up the Thai Elite card, can I still do my report here in Udon Thani, or does it need to be processed at Chang Wattana ?

Anyone know ?

Hi I live in Nakhon Sawan and have just done my first 90 report at my local office there with this visa. A recent poster from Phuket did theres locally with a very friendly "Thailand Elite Members Welcome" plaque on the front desk. Edited by bim
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, I see that they can assist in getting a work permit.... So that suggests that it is possible to obtain a work permit if one is here with the Thai Elite Visa, correct?
I am a little confused by the answers.
I work in Film and am offered the occasional gig in Thailand. Each time I must go out of the country to obtain a B visa (with paperwork supplied by the production company) and then re-enter and obtain a work permit for the duration of the gig.
I'm asking if having a Thai Elite Easy Access card eliminates the need to exit country and obtain a B Visa.....?

Thanks again

Hi. No you cannot work on the TE visa. You are best speaking to the TE team who are very helpful.

Will do, thanks...

So it means that I would still need to obtain a Non B and then a work permit - but I could do this while holding the TE card...

I will ask them directly

Cheers!

Yes, you're correct. TE can help you with this. From what I've read once you're a TE member if you need to get an additional B visa and work permit it's clear sailing all the way.

I don't know exactly how they help but I know that they do based on something someone else posted some time ago and the fact that it's also mentioned in the documentation which comes in the membership pack you receive when you join Thailand Elite.

Just for clarity, can we assume that work permit is still overall the same process: job offer from company registered in Thailand with correct ratio of employees, etc., and job must not be an occupation reserved for Thai nationals only?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, I see that they can assist in getting a work permit.... So that suggests that it is possible to obtain a work permit if one is here with the Thai Elite Visa, correct?

I am a little confused by the answers.

I work in Film and am offered the occasional gig in Thailand. Each time I must go out of the country to obtain a B visa (with paperwork supplied by the production company) and then re-enter and obtain a work permit for the duration of the gig.

I'm asking if having a Thai Elite Easy Access card eliminates the need to exit country and obtain a B Visa.....?

Thanks again

Hi. No you cannot work on the TE visa. You are best speaking to the TE team who are very helpful.

Will do, thanks...

So it means that I would still need to obtain a Non B and then a work permit - but I could do this while holding the TE card...

I will ask them directly

Cheers!

Yes, you're correct. TE can help you with this. From what I've read once you're a TE member if you need to get an additional B visa and work permit it's clear sailing all the way.

I don't know exactly how they help but I know that they do based on something someone else posted some time ago and the fact that it's also mentioned in the documentation which comes in the membership pack you receive when you join Thailand Elite.

Just for clarity, can we assume that work permit is still overall the same process: job offer from company registered in Thailand with correct ratio of employees, etc., and job must not be an occupation reserved for Thai nationals only?

If you phone or email the Thailand Elite team I am sure they will advise you.

Thailand Elite is not for people who need to work.

It is for people who want to enjoy Thailand for extended periods of time with enough financial means to sustain their comfortable lifestyle.

However, some people still working and traveling a lot may very much love the assistance at the airport and the speedy immigration.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

You would still do your 90 day reports in Udon.

Hi, I’m not familiar with the 90 day reporting at all. Can you elaborate a bit more on that please? If you go in and out of Thailand and stay less than 90 days in the country every time, do you still have to report? Or the clock restarts every time you arrive in Thailand?

Also can you report to any immigration office anywhere within the country and how long does the “reporting” operation likely to take in a normally busy immigration office? Is it just a matter of filling in a form, show your face and passport?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I’m not familiar with the 90 day reporting at all. Can you elaborate a bit more on that please? If you go in and out of Thailand and stay less than 90 days in the country every time, do you still have to report? Or the clock restarts every time you arrive in Thailand?

Also can you report to any immigration office anywhere within the country and how long does the “reporting” operation likely to take in a normally busy immigration office? Is it just a matter of filling in a form, show your face and passport?

Thanks in advance.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. If you are not here that long no report is needed. The 90 days start on the date you enter the country.

You can make the report at any immigration office but you need a local address to put on the TM47 form. You may need to show proof of that address at some offices

Normally all that is needed is the form and your passport.but some offices will want copies of your passport and TM6 departure card.

How long it takes depends upon how busy the office is. The actual report should not take much more than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Thanks in advance.

- Every time you enter Thailand with a Thailand Elite PE (Privileged Entry) visa, you will get a stamp of 1 year.

- Everybody must report to immigration every 90 days, regardless of the type of visa.

- If you stay in the country for more than 90 days you will have to do the 90 days report.

- For the 90 days report you go to any immigration office with your passport and the filled in TM 47 form (Google it).

- If you report in Chiangmai, for example, you must write an address in Chiangmai on the form.

If you report in Bangkok, you must write an address in Bangkok.

- In Bangkok Thailand Elite can do the report for you.

Bring (or send someone to bring) your passport and the filled in TM 47 form to their offices on Sathorn, any Tuesdays. Pick up your passport the following Thursday.

- If you leave the country before 90 days, you of course don't need to make the 90 days report.

- Each time you re-enter the country you will receive a new 1 year stamp.

- If you do not leave the country at all in one year, you need to make the 90 days reports, and, at the end of the year you can extend your stamp for another year without leaving the country (1900 baht, if I don't make a mistake).

In reality, you could extend your stamp until the end of your membership (5 or 20 years) without ever leaving the country. But I guess very few members are actually doing that (never heard of any).

- Personally I never made a 90 report (in 11 years of membership) because I travel quite much.

But if you read the posts in related threads, it looks like it is very quick to do.

Edited by gerry1011

Thanks in advance.

- Every time you enter Thailand with a Thailand Elite PE (Privileged Entry) visa, you will get a stamp of 1 year.

- Everybody must report to immigration every 90 days, regardless of the type of visa.

- If you stay in the country for more than 90 days you will have to do the 90 days report.

- For the 90 days report you go to any immigration office with your passport and the filled in TM 47 form (Google it).

- If you report in Chiangmai, for example, you must write an address in Chiangmai on the form.

If you report in Bangkok, you must write an address in Bangkok.

- In Bangkok Thailand Elite can do the report for you.

Bring (or send someone to bring) your passport and the filled in TM 47 form to their offices on Sathorn, any Tuesdays. Pick up your passport the following Thursday.

- If you leave the country before 90 days, you of course don't need to make the 90 days report.

- Each time you re-enter the country you will receive a new 1 year stamp.

- If you do not leave the country at all in one year, you need to make the 90 days reports, and, at the end of the year you can extend your stamp for another year without leaving the country (1900 baht, if I don't make a mistake).

In reality, you could extend your stamp until the end of your membership (5 or 20 years) without ever leaving the country. But I guess very few members are actually doing that (never heard of any).

- Personally I never made a 90 report (in 11 years of membership) because I travel quite much.

But if you read the posts in related threads, it looks like it is very quick to do.

90 day reports are very simple and I was in and out in less than 2 minutes. In fact they didnt even want my already completed TM47 and filled it out and printed it for me. It was fairly busy the day I got there but just went to the desk and did it straight away. No waiting in line.

Please help me with this one... I just received my new Visa with a fresh 1 entry stamp @ CW this week. They quizzed me a bit on my missing departure card. Then they wrote the serial # of the card on my previous entry into the Kingdom stating I should not have a problem when exiting for travel. It is in the computer system ;)

1st they said I will still need to report before 5 January 2015 (90 day mark in Kingdom).facepalm.gif

Then they checked again and came back stating report 90 days from this week with a little card in my passport stating same.blink.png

Did they do something in the computer to reset my 90 day report clock? I am a bit confused at this point.

I don't want non-compliance and problems in the future... Please advise...wai2.gif

For 90 day reports "I'm a Nub for this one", @ CW is there a VIP desk for PE? Is there other places in Bangkok to Report 90 day? Best way....

Thank you...

Edited by ThailandRick

Please help me with this one... I just received my new Visa with a fresh 1 entry stamp @ CW this week. They quiz me a bit on my missing departure card. They wrote in the serial # on my previous entry into the Kingdom stating I should not have a problem when exiting for travel.

1st they said I will still need to report before 5 January 2015 (90 day mark in Kingdom).facepalm.gif

Then they checked again and came back stating report 90 days from this week with a little card in my passport stating same.blink.png

Did they do something in the computer to reset my 90 day report clock? I am a bit confused at this point.

I don't want non-compliance and problems in the future... Please advise...wai2.gif

For 90 day reports "I'm a Nub for this one", @ CW is there a VIP desk for PE? Is there other places in Bangkok to Report 90 day? Best way....

Thank you...

I will tell you my experience with the PE visa. When I collected mine end of July they put a piece of paper in my passport stating my 90 was due end of October. I asked that I had already been in Thailand 2 months so should be due end of August but they told me the 1 year stamp I got at CW with my PE visa resets this. I did my 90 day end of October no problems even though I had been in the country 5 months by that time. I hope this answers you question. Edited by bim
  • Like 1

Please help me with this one... I just received my new Visa with a fresh 1 entry stamp @ CW this week. They quiz me a bit on my missing departure card. They wrote in the serial # on my previous entry into the Kingdom stating I should not have a problem when exiting for travel.

Thank you...

I will tell you my experience with the PE visa. When I collected mine end of July they put a piece of paper in my passport stating my 90 was due end of October. I asked that I had already been in Thailand 2 months so should be due end of August but they told me the 1 year stamp I got at CW with my PE visa resets this. I did my 90 day end of October no problems even though I had been in the country 5 months by that time. I hope this answers you question.

It does, thank you... I've always been a leave before 90 days guy before... be it a border run or travel...

• Like 1

Do you need to 90day report ?

Border runs every 3 months ?

Do you need to get a 1000b re entry thingo before you leave ?

Everyone has to do 90 day reports regardless of the visa if they stay in the Kingdom longer than 90 days. The PE is multy entry for its duration so no re-entry "thingo" required. The 90 day reports are free so no need for border runs as you are stamped in for a year. Only the yearly extention costs 1900 bhts. If you decide to go for that option. If you leave and come back you get another year stamp. Edited by bim

So, every exit/re-entry resets the year? Thus your option is to pay 1900 or take a trip somewhere outside, and you're good for another year?

Also, didn't someone mention that the Thailand Elite Office takes care of the 90 day reporting, if you want them to?

So, every exit/re-entry resets the year? Thus your option is to pay 1900 or take a trip somewhere outside, and you're good for another year?

Also, didn't someone mention that the Thailand Elite Office takes care of the 90 day reporting, if you want them to?

Yes thats correct. Mine is up in July. So may take a flight out for a few days somewhere nice or pay the 1900 bhts for the extention. To be honest planning going away for the New Year for a few days so when I get back I get another year on arrival and this resets my 90 day also. Yes TE will do the 90 day for you but I believe you have to live in BKK though for this service. Where I live no one had seen one before and my passport got passed around the office until the senior person there knew it and wow then the smiles broke out from all the staff. In and out in less than 2 minutes. :) Edited by bim

What about dependents, spouses, children,etc ?

There is no service for them if they are Thai.

If they are not Thai there is a family card option.

For info contact them or go on their website www.thailandelite.com

For domestic animals, of any origin, there is no service :)

• Like 1

For domestic animals, of any origin, there is no service smile.png

Great only 1 Million THB for the family card !

Thanks Thai Immigration

Thanks Thai Immigration

Only one million?

Cool :)

• Like 1

Thanks Thai Immigration

Only one million?

Cool smile.png

Worth every Baht!

an io told me they will check very closely guys with elite visa, they suspect some are using this visa to work illegaly in Thailand.

So even 500K does not get Immigration off your back these days ... saai.gif

Hopefully not :rolleyes:

Otherwise many ED cheaters would quickly become members. Please no, keep the fakes and the cheaters away ;)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

an io told me they will check very closely guys with elite visa, they suspect some are using this visa to work illegaly in Thailand.

As they are doing with those abusing education visa, or other forms of non-work visas. What is your point, except the usual attempt to spread FUD?

• Like 1

@@ gery1011: I would say that Thailand Elite is the best solution if you want to avoid the hassles of getting a long term visa,

I agree full with you. This was the major point for me. In my opinion 500k Baht is the worth of it.

Spent almost the same amount the past few years with Visa runs flying out/in - not talking from the time I have wasted at the airports.

I know TE only for 3 months and from the forum here that´s why I made it not earlier.

The Thailand Elite program is excellent, really.

Not only the membership eliminates the "visa hassles" and all those headaches people speak about on this forum, but it also provides a priceless feeling: The feeling of being "welcome home".

Each time you arrive in Thailand, the Thailand Elite service and staff make you feel like that.

It's not only about passing through immigration in a brisk, the limo transfers, the free golf or spa, it is also about the smile of the Thailand Elite staff, their readiness to help you, their charm... It really makes a difference.

Of course, only fellow members can see what I mean.

Naturalisation is good too. It costs a lot less than 500k, and you get the right to stay here for ever. You also get to use the automatic gates at the airport - sailing through immigration in seconds flat without even having to speak to anyone.

No free spas included, but you do get the local rates when visiting national parks, as well as the 'welcome home' feeling and all that.

Of course, only fellow citizens can see what I mean wai.gif

While we both crow about how well off we are, I do feel a bit sorry for the poor souls who can't scrape together 500k, and are nevertheless good people who have established ties to Thailand, while living here under the old rules. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place now that they are being forced out.

Priceless.

Edited by dbrenn

@@ gery1011: I would say that Thailand Elite is the best solution if you want to avoid the hassles of getting a long term visa,

I agree full with you. This was the major point for me. In my opinion 500k Baht is the worth of it.

Spent almost the same amount the past few years with Visa runs flying out/in - not talking from the time I have wasted at the airports.

I know TE only for 3 months and from the forum here that´s why I made it not earlier.

Not only the membership eliminates the "visa hassles" and all those headaches people speak about on this forum, but it also provides a priceless feeling: The feeling of being "welcome home".

Each time you arrive in Thailand, the Thailand Elite service and staff make you feel like that.

It's not only about passing through immigration in a brisk, the limo transfers, the free golf or spa, it is also about the smile of the Thailand Elite staff, their readiness to help you, their charm... It really makes a difference.

Naturalisation is good too. It costs a lot less than 500k, and you get the right to stay here for ever. You also get to use the automatic gates at the airport - sailing through immigration in seconds flat without even having to speak to anyone.

No free spas included, but you do get the local rates when visiting national parks, as well as the 'welcome home' feeling and all that.

I feel a bit sorry for the poor souls who can't scrape together 500k, and are nevertheless good people who have established ties to Thailand, while living here under the old rules. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place now that they are being forced out.

Tough old world.

Naturalization is surely another good option.

Not everybody's cup of tea though...

It's a rather loooooooooong process that is not really hassle-free...

But still good for those who plan to stay here and to die here (not everybody's plan, believe me).

Now, if there is a paying option for a convenient PE visa, I am sure some people would also be rather interested in a paying naturalization option, like in Malta, for example.

But can you imagine the explosion of scandalized comments on this forum if, for example, the Thai government was to offer naturalization in exchange of, say, 50 million baht?

And even worse!!!

Imagine the reaction of some posters if other posters had the intention to actually pay that price for that service... saying that it would be good value for money...

It will never happen, of course, but if it did I would love to be on this forum and read the posts :)

Some posters writing on this forum would buy it for sure. Guaranteed!

;)

To be honest with you, I also feel sorry and sometimes concerned by the people who find themselves in a precarious situation because of the new visa rules (and no money for an Elite card)(Or to go back to their own country).

Everybody is surely convinced that there are a lot of very nice foreigners in that situation.

While my sympathy goes to this type of persons, I also allow myself to seriously look down at those posters who, for the sole reason that we bought a Thailand Elite card, allow themselves to posts comments, many times insulting, towards the program and its members. Comments only driven by their boredom, bitterness, jealousy and, very simply, lack of financial resources.

I am very happy for those who patiently went through the whole long lasting process of the naturalization, and who are still happy with their choice of being in Thailand.

I am equally happy if the visa runners find themselves happy with their chosen, tiring, uncomfortable and very insecure, option.

But please guys... Let me and the other Thailand Elite members be happy with our comfortable and highly convenient option too.

Thanks ;)

(I still very much welcome posts coming from trolls and Thailand Elite haters though... With pleasure).

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I feel a bit sorry for the poor souls who can't scrape together 500k, and are nevertheless good people who have established ties to Thailand, while living here under the old rules. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place now that they are being forced out.

Tough old world.

Naturalization is surely another good option.

Not everybody's cup of tea though...

It's a rather loooooooooong process that is not really hassle-free...

But still good for those who plan to stay here and to die here (not everybody's plan, believe me).

Now, if there is a paying option for a convenient PE visa, I am sure some people would also be rather interested in a paying naturalization option, like in Malta, for example.

But can you imagine the explosion of scandalized comments on this forum if, for example, the Thai government was to offer naturalization in exchange of, say, 50 million baht?

And even worse!!!

Imagine the reaction of some posters if other posters had the intention to actually pay that price for that service... saying that it would be good value for money...

It will never happen, of course, but if it did I would love to be on this forum and read the posts :)

Some posters writing on this forum would buy it for sure. Guaranteed!

;)

To be honest with you, I also feel sorry and sometimes concerned by the people who find themselves in a precarious situation because of the new visa rules (and no money for an Elite card)(Or to go back to their own country).

Everybody is surely convinced that there are a lot of very nice foreigners in that situation.

While my sympathy goes to this type of persons, I also allow myself to seriously look down at those posters who, for the sole reason that we bought a Thailand Elite card, allow themselves to posts comments, many times insulting, towards the program and its members. Comments only driven by their boredom, bitterness, jealousy and, very simply, lack of financial resources.

I am very happy for those who patiently went through the whole long lasting process of the naturalization, and who are still happy with their choice of being in Thailand.

I am equally happy if the visa runners find themselves happy with their chosen, tiring, uncomfortable and very insecure, option.

But please guys... Let me and the other Thailand Elite members be happy with our comfortable and highly convenient option too.

Thanks ;)

(I still welcome trolls and Thailand Elite haters though... With pleasure).

I second that Gerry. There are many TE members who are happy with there choice and not one troll post has come with anything other than misinformation based on, I can only assume envy of the 5 or 20 year multi entry visa and its other perks. I would not think of posting anything that made someone feel bad about there choice be it ED visa OA visa Tourist visa etc. Its up to them how and why they make those choices. The UK and US have similar schemes and Thailands in comparison is good value for money to be in country I love. Way too many people come here to live cheaply and have a standard of living they could only dream of back in there home country. Edited by bim
  • Like 2