Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

What I noticed on TV is that everyone who got a TE visa is very happy. The only people that are complaining about it are the people that don't have one. Maybe they can't afford it and want to make themselves feel a little better by convincing themselves that it's not worth the money.

I think there are some tens of thousand of people with a non-TE visa that are happy but don't come here to say it.

Edited by paz
  • Like 2

Gerry, I remember you mentioning a few weeks ago that there would be some more positive news about the Thailand Elite visa.

Is this announcement still planned for this month? Should I be 'on tenterhooks' with excitement and bated breath? :)

is there a criminal background check requirement for the Elite Visa?

Jut asking

You don't need to submit any background check.

My guess is that you're wondering if the same kind of background check / 'police clearance certificate' is required for a TE membership like the one that's required for a visa/work permit combination / retirement visa issued in your home country application. The answer is no, they don't ask for this.

It says something on the forms about not being made bankrupt and never been sentenced to prison or something along those lines. I remember it specifically excludes cases involving negligence - this is something I've seen mentioned before in various places.

• Like 2

Regarding TE staff taking care of 90-day reporting if you live in BKK:

Do you have to prove that you reside in BKK?

How do they do the 90-day reporting for you? Can you just email or call them? Do they need your passport? Do you have to go to TE office?

How do they do the 90-day reporting for you? Can you just email or call them? Do they need your passport? Do you have to go to TE office?

You need to mention an address in Bangkok on the TM47 form. You leave your passport at the Thailand Elite office on Tuesdays (any time during office hours), together with the filled in TM47 form.

Thailand Elite will do the report for the members on Wednesdays. The members can then collect their passport on Thursdays (any time during office hours).

You need to mention an address in Bangkok on the TM47 form. You leave your passport at the Thailand Elite office on Tuesdays (any time during office hours), together with the filled in TM47 form.

Thailand Elite will do the report for the members on Wednesdays. The members can then collect their passport on Thursdays (any time during office hours).

Thanks for the reply. I'll be applying for TE in a week or so. I had heard so many conflicting stories re. TE ... many negative ... and was deterred from applying. However, it seems the service has been much improved and I'm hearing/reading such excellent reports I've finally decided to take the plunge. After years of visa hassles and border runs this will be such a pleasure.

I have condo in BKK and beach villa in Bang Saray (20 min. south of Pattaya). Do you know if I can have my driver deliver my passport and TM47 form to TE office on Tue. and collect it on Thur.? Or do I have to physically do this myself?

Of course I can ask TE staff myself, but I'm curious to know now.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I'll be applying for TE in a week or so.

I have condo in BKK and beach villa in Bang Saray (20 min. south of Pattaya). Do you know if I can have my driver deliver my passport and TM47 form to TE office on Tue. and collect it on Thur.?

Yes of course

Just trying to understand what might make sense for me. I have only been in Thailand for 4 months or so.

I am 66 years old, currently on an ED visa, and will be switching to a retirement visa next.

I have enough money invested to cover the amount of money the govt. wants you to have in the bank, so I don't think I will need to keep a lot of money in the bank.

I just had my visa extended the other day, and that cost me B2,900 with a single re-entry, would have been about B6,000 with multiple re-entry.

So I will need to spend B3,000 every three months I a assuming: B12,000 a year, or B15,000 a year with multiple re-entry.

Will I be having any other visa related expenses that I am not yet aware of?

I live in Chiang Rai. When I went to immigration the other day, I had a brand new passport, so they had to switch my visa to my new passport, and then I got my extension and re-entry. All took about 50 minutes and the staff were very friendly and casual.

Just trying to understand what might make sense for me. I have only been in Thailand for 4 months or so.

I am 66 years old, currently on an ED visa, and will be switching to a retirement visa next.

I have enough money invested to cover the amount of money the govt. wants you to have in the bank, so I don't think I will need to keep a lot of money in the bank.

I just had my visa extended the other day, and that cost me B2,900 with a single re-entry, would have been about B6,000 with multiple re-entry.

So I will need to spend B3,000 every three months I a assuming: B12,000 a year, or B15,000 a year with multiple re-entry.

Will I be having any other visa related expenses that I am not yet aware of?

I live in Chiang Rai. When I went to immigration the other day, I had a brand new passport, so they had to switch my visa to my new passport, and then I got my extension and re-entry. All took about 50 minutes and the staff were very friendly and casual.

You picked the wrong topic to post on.

When you do the extension based upon retirement ti will be good for a year. So you pay 1900 baht a year for the extension. Then if you plan on traveling a lot for that year you can get a multiple re-entry permit.

And all for just ten thousand pounds every five years (amazing how quickly that flies by). Well done laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

The TE visa works out at 2000 per year for the easy access. My council tax bill alone was more than that in the UK. So great value for money for an easy access visa to stay and come and go as I please in a country I love.

And all for just ten thousand pounds every five years (amazing how quickly that flies by). Well done laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

It's well worth the price, that's only £2000 per year.

----------------------

If I had 2000 pounds per year to spare I wouldn't need a Thai Elite Card.

Since I don't, I won't be getting one anytime soon.

smile.png why not!? I specially register for learn more about this program and understand how it can help me. I gonna to buy car, get drive license and so on. And I am looking for best option.

ubonjoe - Thank you. I am find that I can get only 1 y drive license every time. :(

smile.png why not!? I specially register for learn more about this program and understand how it can help me. I gonna to buy car, get drive license and so on. And I am looking for best option.

ubonjoe - Thank you. I am find that I can get only 1 y drive license every time. sad.png

Going once a year to the 'driving license place' isn't that much effort, especially around these parts as I know based on past experience it will be empty when I arrive about an hour before they close for the day.

I need to renew mine in a couple of weeks.

ubonjoe - Thank you. I am find that I can get only 1 y drive license every time. :(

Sure :)

I think whether you can get a on year license or a 5 year one will depend upon the driver license office where you apply. There are people that have them with tourist visas. At some offices just having a certificate of residence from immigration (not an embassy) is enough to get a 5 year license.

Since I'm 43 and will be divorcing my wife, I'm going to get one.

Already been in contact with them, all seems to go very efficient.

After you become a member you will not feel the need to marry anymore :)

On top of the usual benefits, what Thailand Elite gives is a sense of freedom.

• Like 1

Since I'm 43 and will be divorcing my wife, I'm going to get one.

Already been in contact with them, all seems to go very efficient.

After you become a member you will not feel the need to marry anymore smile.png

Are those one of the services they provide? Are there additional costs to avail them or are they included?