Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

I had a question, it might have already been answered

The Elite Visa Staff tell me

1. New people to the program do not have to report every 90 days, just once a year if they do not leave the country

2. It is the people that got the Elite Visa in the past that still need to do 90 day reporting

Is this how it works?

90 day reporting isnt a deal breaker for me, its juts more of a minor annoyance when one has to do it:) but was curious on those that are using this service on how it works

You get a 1 year stamp every time you enter the country but you still have to report every 90 days.

Every foreigner in Thailand needs to do the 90 day report, it's the law.

It's worth noting that the 90 day report is a very quick in and out type of procedure, it's quicker than an extension. This is if you go to immigration and do it yourself.

I got my visa in June 2014 and I've done the 90 days reports twice since then, the next one is due in March.

In June 2015 assuming I've been here for a full year without leaving I'll need to get a 1 year extension for 1900 Baht as well as the usual free 90 day report.

Its odd I went back to the Elite Visa People and asked them again

I said I am not talking about the 90 day visa extension but the 90 report for checking in your address... They responded with I do not have to go to do the 90 day reporting for address as they would take care of that for me

only if i stay for the year will I have to do it...

I had a question, it might have already been answered

The Elite Visa Staff tell me

1. New people to the program do not have to report every 90 days, just once a year if they do not leave the country

2. It is the people that got the Elite Visa in the past that still need to do 90 day reporting

Is this how it works?

90 day reporting isnt a deal breaker for me, its juts more of a minor annoyance when one has to do it:) but was curious on those that are using this service on how it works

You get a 1 year stamp every time you enter the country but you still have to report every 90 days.

Every foreigner in Thailand needs to do the 90 day report, it's the law.

It's worth noting that the 90 day report is a very quick in and out type of procedure, it's quicker than an extension. This is if you go to immigration and do it yourself.

I got my visa in June 2014 and I've done the 90 days reports twice since then, the next one is due in March.

In June 2015 assuming I've been here for a full year without leaving I'll need to get a 1 year extension for 1900 Baht as well as the usual free 90 day report.

Its odd I went back to the Elite Visa People and asked them again

I said I am not talking about the 90 day visa extension but the 90 report for checking in your address... They responded with I do not have to go to do the 90 day reporting for address as they would take care of that for me

only if i stay for the year will I have to do it...

What they are saying is the 90 day reports have to be done. This is the case for all visa types if you are staying in the Kingdom longer than 90 days. What they mean is they will do the 90 day report for you. But this is only available if you live in BKK and you would have to drop your paasport off at there office and pick it up a few days later. 90 day reports really are no problem. Im in and out in less than 2 minutes. If you stay for a year then you have to get the 1900 bht extention. Lost in translation somewhere me thinks. Edited by bim
  • Like 1

What they are saying is the 90 day reports have to be done. This is the case for all visa types if you are staying in the Kingdom longer than 90 days. What they mean is they will do the 90 day report for you. But this is only available if you live in BKK and you would have to drop your paasport off at there office and pick it up a few days later. 90 day reports really are no problem. Im in and out in less than 2 minutes. If you stay for a year then you have to get the 1900 bht extention. Lost in translation somewhere me thinks.

What if you fly out every 90 days .... do you still need to do the reports?

I think the Elite program is great for those who use it.....I don't know firsthand, but i can sense there is good value.

Depending on many factors, I can see someone doing 5 years of ED Visa instead. But, as we get older and our Thai remains in a fluent state, of course the Elite program is the way to go.

Note: This is NOT puukao typing. I am the secretary of the secretary to the under secretary of SE Asian double secret covert operations, code name Blue Diver, who once met a man who said he heard Puukao once thought, not visited, this website. Elite has its privileges. truffles anyone?

90 day reports are not easy and you are certainly not out in 2 minutes. This crap takes more than half of my day. As a matter of fact it was easier for me to just buy a plane ticket to Canada than to do another report. This way I'll get to see my mom instead of spending a day in that miserable place. When I'm back I'll be on tourist visas until I get married. The problem with elite for me is that for 500k I would need to see some value meaning that every time I wanted to leave the country on elite visa that value would greatly diminish as it would look like 500k wasted.... After all that's 18 return tickets to Canada for me. I stand by my opinion. TE visa is poor value.

90 day reports are not easy and you are certainly not out in 2 minutes. This crap takes more than half of my day. As a matter of fact it was easier for me to just buy a plane ticket to Canada than to do another report. This way I'll get to see my mom instead of spending a day in that miserable place. When I'm back I'll be on tourist visas until I get married. The problem with elite for me is that for 500k I would need to see some value meaning that every time I wanted to leave the country on elite visa that value would greatly diminish as it would look like 500k wasted.... After all that's 18 return tickets to Canada for me. I stand by my opinion. TE visa is poor value.

Were do you do your 90 report? I did mine in Pattaya last week and it took around 5 minutes.

• Like 1

I do it in Bangkok.

I know I could do it by mail, but I don't want to risk it being lost.

Obviously I am not on endless tourist visas since I do 90 day reports.

However, when I come back I will be on one.

Leaving the country every 90 days is a hassle, unless you make it enjoyable.

Like I said, it is 18 plane tickets to Canada for me. I can make it a plane ticket to HK, Vietnam, Singapore, Japan..... heck.... I can go to Europe on the cheap.

If they removed the 90 day reporting then indeed I would see some value in it and the word "elite" would then be appropriate.

Like this.... not a good value for me.

Where on are you in Thailand for 90 reports that take half a day. Im in and out in less than 2 minutes. Your endless visa runs on tourist visas are the real pain in the neck IMHO. They have already started to look at endless back to back tourist visas. The government are not stupid. Your cant be a long stay tourist without an income which they may deduce you are earning within Thailand illegaly. And if you have the funds why not the elite card. Just penny pinching. It doesnt cost the earth. And no need to get married on the PE visa in order to remain here. Bonus. And if it is as a miserable a place as you state how about a one way ticket to Canada. Again you offer nothing on a factual basis to counter against it. You have never mentioned marrage before your previous comparisons have always been on 5 years of tourist visas and endless visa runs. Utter nonsence.

Sorry, but why the personal attack?

Damn right I am penny pinching, I did not make 18 thousand Canadian dollars easily.

I can easily afford 500k and as I mentioned before it would actually save me money long term because I would not have to return to Canada where my condo investment that I don't live in anymore will make me twice that in 5 years. If TE visa option was the only option I would take it. Fortunately it is not, so I choose to spend my money wisely.

I do it in Bangkok.

Like I said, it is 18 plane tickets to Canada for me. I can make it a plane ticket to HK, Vietnam, Singapore, Japan..... heck.... I can go to Europe on the cheap.

If they removed the 90 day reporting then indeed I would see some value in it and the word "elite" would then be appropriate.

You evidently were doing your 90 reports at Chaeng Wattana.

You should of tried doing them at Imperial World Lad Phrao or Major Hollywood Suksawat. There have been reports of people doing them in less than 10 minutes at those offices.

I do it in Bangkok.

If they remove the 90 day reporting (they will do but it depends on the ministry signature), you will come up with other reasons to criticize Thailand Elite, as you always did.

Thailand Elite is not a "good value" for you because it does not fit your lifestyle.

If you can "fly 18 times to Canada" with the equivalent of the Thailand Elite fee, it means you spend 27,000b for your ticket. That must be for a very small seat on a low cost carrier I guess. Hardly an Elite lifestyle ;)

Once you progress in your life and reach a certain financial comfort you will jump on the opportunity to get a Thailand Elite PE visa :)

You are just not ready.

Keep working on it (and save some money).

Concerning the 90 day report for Thailand Elite members:

Bring your passport to the Thailand Elite office on Tuesdays, they do the report for you on Wednesdays, and pick up your passport on the following Thursday.

If you travel out of the country before the 90 day report is due, no need to do it, of course. You will receive a new 1 year stamp when you come back in the country.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

thanks for clearing up the 90 day reporting.. as for me I was not worried about doing the 90 day

I just wanted to know if I did, obviously if there was some Elite membership bonus that released me from the 90 days I would take it, who wouldnt

but since I wont be living in Bangkok if I decide to go with Elite I will do the 90 day reporting, no big deal

thanks all

• Like 1

Seems that the complaint about the 90 day reporting is just baseless whining, considering how easy, seamless, and prioritized the TE visa seems to make it.

Honestly, if someone considers mandatory flights and visa runs to be 'more convenient' than either a 5-10 minute reporting, or even sending it in via courier or mail, then I do have to question those 'complaints'.

• Like 1

Seems that the complaint about the 90 day reporting is just baseless whining, considering how easy, seamless, and prioritized the TE visa seems to make it.

Honestly, if someone considers mandatory flights and visa runs to be 'more convenient' than either a 5-10 minute reporting, or even sending it in via courier or mail, then I do have to question those 'complaints'.

The complaint about the 90 report is the last thing the Thailand Elite haters can still whine about.

Once this 90 day report is not needed anymore (hopefully soon), I wonder what they will find to keep criticizing the program :)

The color of the luggage tags maybe?

:)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I have done my 90 day reporting in Phuket, Pattaya, Hua Hin and Bangkok... Never has it taken more than 2-10 mins with my TE Visa...

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's the same with non-TE visas

Sorry I thought this thread was about TE membership and visa's... I sometimes go with a friend who has an alternative visa and he is in and out in the same time frame as me, I don't remember saying it was 'only' TE Visa holders.... Another plum just dieing to jump all over our preferred option. Really!!!

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed broken quote
  • Like 1

No. It takes me half a day to go to cw and do a report. Traffic is always bad. I don't have a helicopter. Why is this hard to believe? I thought big c on ladpraow was only temporary because of protests. I'll try going there next time. And yes if they do away with 90 day reporting then perhaps te would be worth getting. Like this it's just like a tourist visa to me.

No. It takes me half a day to go to cw and do a report. Traffic is always bad. I don't have a helicopter. Why is this hard to believe? I thought big c on ladpraow was only temporary because of protests. I'll try going there next time. And yes if they do away with 90 day reporting then perhaps te would be worth getting. Like this it's just like a tourist visa to me.

You are totally right.

I, by the way, also consider myself as a (life long) tourist :)

I don't work, I don't do business in Thailand, I am not married, I do not study Thai because I already speak read and write it, I am too young to be considered retired, I do not fancy visa runs, ...

In fact I am just coming to Thailand to spend my time (and money), and I just like enjoying life :)

I am a tourist (a quality one, probably)... who can stay in Thailand as long as he wants with his PE visa :)

Perfect...

Now, as a "tourist", my life with a Thailand Elite PE (Privileged Entry) visa is far far far more convenient than the life of those on ED, retirement, marriage, "business", "regular tourist" visa, or those with no visa at all... That is for sure!

You are very welcome to join us at Thailand Elite and leave your bitterness behind for a while (5 or 20 years actually).

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

Hi

I would like to offer Thai Elite Co. LTD the following group buy :

We buy 500 Thai Elite Easy Access for 250 000thb each..... Total 125 millions......

What do you think? :) We can group buy ! I am sure we can be 500 persons interested...

So many people like this visa but can't afford it. Yes we have some money to live, no need to work, but, come on, 500 000thb is a lot. And also payement is upfront....

If they want they can even make for us a "cheap" version without limousine, golfs, 24 hours service....... with need to report address (oh hell in a few months it will be doable at 7-eleven or internet... already doable by mail), ....

Hi

I would like to offer Thai Elite Co. LTD the following group buy :

We buy 500 Thai Elite Easy Access for 250 000thb each..... Total 125 millions......

What do you think? :) We can group buy ! I am sure we can be 500 persons interested...

So many people like this visa but can't afford it. Yes we have some money to live, no need to work, but, come on, 500 000thb is a lot. And also payement is upfront....

If they want they can even make for us a "cheap" version without limousine, golfs, 24 hours service....... with need to report address (oh hell in a few months it will be doable at 7-eleven or internet... already doable by mail), ....

It is not a bad idea.

However, even at 250,000 you will still end up with the majority saying "it is scandalously expensive" (or something similar).

If you were to buy one, even at that price and with no other benefit than the visa, you would automatically be categorized as "idiot" by the traditional Thailand Elite haters on this (and other) forum(s).

But what is interesting is that, while you would agree to pay 250,000, others agree to pay 500,000, I agreed to pay 1,000.000 (11 years ago), others agree to pay 2,000.000... and many many more would agree to pay if it was 200,000... 100,000... 75,000... I even read 50,000 (arf).

Everything is a question of perspective and financial comfort.

To come back to your suggestion, I don't think that Thailand Elite should offer such a cheap version of the PE visa, even with no added benefits.

Thailand Elite is a service you buy for comfort and convenience.

But... I do agree that immigration should have the option to "sell" visas to those who wish to pay for it.

But again... An affordable price for you may seem extremely expensive for others...

• Like 1

I thought all you elites took M-Jets everywhere...doesn't TE clear your soi for the jet to land and then whisk you off to CW with a bottle of bubbly to make your report?

I thought all you elites took M-Jets everywhere...doesn't TE clear your soi for the jet to land and then whisk you off to CW with a bottle of bubbly to make your report?

No, in fact it takes them double the time of a normal visa holder to make their 90 days report.

Once to deliver the passport to the TE office, then a second trip a few days later to go pick up the passport.

You see they are really privileged.

• Like 1

Soi???? Phuffffft!!!! Who lives in a soi, my helicopter lands happily on the front lawn

• Like 1

I thought big c on ladpraow was only temporary because of protests. I'll try going there next time.

You certainly can do it at Lad Phrao. There have been reports of people doing them there.

There has also been notice on Bangkok immigration's website for a year now that you can do the reports at both locations.

You are totally right.

I, by the way, also consider myself as a (life long) tourist :)

I don't work, I don't do business in Thailand, I am not married, I do not study Thai because I already speak read and write it, I am too young to be considered retired, I do not fancy visa runs, ...

In fact I am just coming to Thailand to spend my time (and money), and I just like enjoying life :)

I am a tourist (a quality one, probably)... who can stay in Thailand as long as he wants with his PE visa :)

Perfect...

Now, as a "tourist", my life with a Thailand Elite PE (Privileged Entry) visa is far far far more convenient than the life of those on ED, retirement, marriage, "business", "regular tourist" visa, or those with no visa at all... That is for sure!

You are very welcome to join us at Thailand Elite and leave your bitterness behind for a while (5 or 20 years actually).

I really don't get your posts with this fake optimism and Smiley's. And when did I ever express bitterness? I am just on a TE Visa forum discussing why is this program a poor value for me. I believe I am a kind of person this 500k visa is aimed at. I am not poor and I am not rich. I just work hard for my money like everyone else.

Sign me up for a group buy. I'll get it at 250k.