Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

now I am 500'000 bahts richer than you and with this money I will spend some vacations in Lao and in same time renew my tourist Visa for 5 years.

on top of this, everything is free for me, I ha e just invested my 500000 bahts at 6 percents and now I make 30000 bahts a year.

total after 5 years=over 150k bahts in my pocket.

Good for you. Your choice but many happy with the programme so why so bitter? Good luck in Lao. 5 year tourist visa hey. Not heard of that on.

yep! 5 years.... 10 visa x 2 entries=20 entries.

20 entries x 3 months with extension= 60 months.

60 months /12= 5 years.

So you factured into the cost of leaving the country every 2 months? Again I dont knock you for your choice but bit of a gamble when they clamp down on 5 years of back to back tourist visas. Trust me they will.

• Like 1

Hey, folks

After reading your positive feedback I decided to apply for the easy access program. Went to their website, clicked the button: "download application form". The system asked me for some basic personal information. Pressed the button "Next". An error pops up that there was something wrong. Tried again with the same result. The disclaimer in the pop up said that they got my information and would contact me asap.

Two days have passed and I haven't heard anything from them. One would expect a better functioning website and better customer service for this kind of money. I am surprised.

Which browser were you using? I got the error in Safari but it worked fine in Firefox- info sent, someone called me back in about three minutes- which is was pretty impressive- and I got an email with all the relevant documents needed about a half hour later or so.

So I'm guessing your information hasn't been passed on.

Skiller,

Just for clarity do you still have to do your 90 day reporting with TE

I was under the impression that it is not 90 day reporting but 90 day visa extensions you have to get with the Elite card. The rationale being is that the 1979 Immigration Act doesn't permit visas of more than 3 years and those are specifically only for staff of BOI promoted companies. Thus you get a 5 year approval for visas to be issued without question but it is not a 5 year visa per se.

• Like 1

I contacted their customer service by phone and they quickly sorted my problem. The lady on the other end confirmed that there were performance issues in some browsers.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hey, folks

After reading your positive feedback I decided to apply for the easy access program. Went to their website, clicked the button: "download application form". The system asked me for some basic personal information. Pressed the button "Next". An error pops up that there was something wrong. Tried again with the same result. The disclaimer in the pop up said that they got my information and would contact me asap.

Two days have passed and I haven't heard anything from them. One would expect a better functioning website and better customer service for this kind of money. I am surprised.

Which browser were you using? I got the error in Safari but it worked fine in Firefox- info sent, someone called me back in about three minutes- which is was pretty impressive- and I got an email with all the relevant documents needed about a half hour later or so.

So I'm guessing your information hasn't been passed on.

I am using Chrome. And obviously it is one of the browsers with which their website does not work properly.

now I am 500'000 bahts richer than you and with this money I will spend some vacations in Lao and in same time renew my tourist Visa for 5 years.

on top of this, everything is free for me, I have just invested my 500000 bahts at 6 percents and now I make 30000 bahts a year. (2500 bahts a month for 5 years)

I have heard that elite card will soon be cancelled by the new government! and no refund...

It is called Thailand Elite for a reason. It is not for everyone.

• Like 2

Skiller,

I was under the impression that it is not 90 day reporting but 90 day visa extensions you have to get with the Elite card. The rationale being is that the 1979 Immigration Act doesn't permit visas of more than 3 years and those are specifically only for staff of BOI promoted companies. Thus you get a 5 year approval for visas to be issued without question but it is not a 5 year visa per se.

The new PE visa allows one year entries for 5 years. It done under a ministerial regulation which is one of the cases where exceptions are allowed under the immigration act (same as BOI).

Only extensions are limited under the immigration act not visas.

It is a bit like the OA visa that gives a one year entry.

• Like 1

on top of this, everything is free for me, I ha e just invested my 500000 bahts at 6 percents and now I make 30000 bahts a year.

Good for you. Your choice but many happy with the programme so why so bitter? Good luck in Lao. 5 year tourist visa hey. Not heard of that on.

yep! 5 years.... 10 visa x 2 entries=20 entries.

20 entries x 3 months with extension= 60 months.

60 months /12= 5 years

Awful exited for only 150k..... Arrrrrr I remember them days.....When I worked!!!

Skiller,

The new PE visa allows one year entries for 5 years. It done under a ministerial regulation which is one of the cases where exceptions are allowed under the immigration act (same as BOI).

So they are now 1 year entries (or extensions) and 90 day reporting is not required? That makes sense.

I had another peak at the Immigration Act and there is no way to grant a visa for more than one year, except for purposes of BOI or other government approved investments. I think they get around the Act by never actually giving an entry stamp or extension that is for more than a year but you are guaranteed to get them for 5 years. The few people I know who have them are regular travellers out of the country and all say it works well for them.

It is actually less hassle than getting the annual endorsements for PR at CW. The problem with those is that they are not done on the spot. You have to either go back after lunch or the next day.

on top of this, everything is free for me, I have just invested my 500000 bahts at 6 percents and now I make 30000 bahts a year. (2500 bahts a month for 5 years)

I have heard that elite card will soon be cancelled by the new government! and no refund...

150,000 baht in 5 years?

My god... That is a looooooooot of money!!!

:rolleyes:

I hope you don't plan a holiday elsewhere than Lao. Otherwise it may affect your calculations :)

Enjoy your border runs.

How many would that be?

Sorry I never made border runs, it's not needed with the Thailand Elite visa.

I must miss some cool tourism opportunities I am sure. But I don't feel like I want to go to Lao 20 times though ;)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

Skiller,

So they are now 1 year entries (or extensions) and 90 day reporting is not required? That makes sense.

I had another peak at the Immigration Act and there is no way to grant a visa for more than one year, except for purposes of BOI or other government approved investments. I think they get around the Act by never actually giving an entry stamp or extension that is for more than a year but you are guaranteed to get them for 5 years. The few people I know who have them are regular travellers out of the country and all say it works well for them.

It is actually less hassle than getting the annual endorsements for PR at CW. The problem with those is that they are not done on the spot. You have to either go back after lunch or the next day.

Multiple one year entries for 5 years. The 90 day reports are still required if a person stays here that long.

Multiple one year entries for 5 years. The 90 day reports are still required if a person stays here that long.

This is correct, I did my second 90 day report today since I joined the scheme in June.

It was very convenient and I might add much cheaper to drive to the local imigration office compared with first going to Bangkok and then flying to some other country to activate another visa entrance.

While sitting at the desk in the new Hua Hin immigration office I saw this and took a photo of it, I was quite surprised to see it there.

attachicon.gifthailand-elite-members-welcome-hua-hin.jpg

Wow :)

It's these "little things" that make Thailand Elite members happy... and feel welcome.

Very cool :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

This is correct, I did my second 90 day report today since I joined the scheme in June.

It was very convenient and I might add much cheaper to drive to the local imigration office compared with first going to Bangkok and then flying to some other country to activate another visa entrance.

While sitting at the desk in the new Hua Hin immigration office I saw this and took a photo of it, I was quite surprised to see it there.

attachicon.gifthailand-elite-members-welcome-hua-hin.jpg

Wow :)

It's these "little things" that make Thailand Elite members happy... and feel welcome.

Very cool :)

Yep very cool. When I did my first 90 day last month they made feel so welcome. I had the completed form and they insisted on filling out another for me and wouldnt take it. They printed it off, I signed it and was out of there in less than a couple of minutes. I dont live in a tourist area BTW. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Like 1

Quick question, and mostly for clarification - I assume you do get get multiple entries with the Thai Elite Card PE Visa? Thus if I wanted to travel a lot one month, with 5-6 departures and re-entries, do I assume that this wouldn't be an issue, then?

Also, thanks Gerry for patiently answering my initial questions - there are a Lot of misperceptions and misinformation floating around (mostly by the trolls and haters) which led me to believe that the program had been discontinued in the past and that it resulted in losses to program members - which clearly is not the case, as the visa, once issued, is good for the entire duration.

Thanks, Gerry.

Edited by DaffyDuck

Quick question, and mostly for clarification - I assume you do get get multiple entries with the Thai Elite Card PE Visa? Thus if I wanted to travel a lot one month, with 5-6 departures and re-entries, do I assume that this wouldn't be an issue, then?

Also, thanks Gerry for patiently answering my initial questions - there are a Lot of misperceptions and misinformation floating around (mostly by the trolls and haters) which led me to believe that the program had been discontinued in the past and that it resulted in losses to program members - which clearly is not the case, as the visa, once issued, is good for the entire duration.

Thanks, Gerry.

The PE visa is Multiple Entry for its duration and you can come and go as you please as many times as you wish.

You could make as many entries as you wanted to without a problem and no questions.

Thanks bim and ubonjoe - I guess this closes out the claim from another 'expert' in another thread that 'multiple entry visas' for tourists do not exist. At all.

;-)

Thanks.

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
comment about a removed post

You could make as many entries as you wanted to without a problem and no questions.

Thanks bim and ubonjoe - I guess this closes out the claim from another 'expert' in another thread that 'multiple entry visas' for tourists do not exist. At all.

;-)

Thanks.

The PE visa is not exactly a visa for ordinary tourists.

In my opinion the statement that multiple entry visas for tourists does not exist stands true.

Thanks, Gerry.

Not only you can travel in and out as you wish, but on top of that you have the feeling that you are welcome, each time you come back.

No queue, charming Thailand Elite staff waiting for you at the gate, smiles, and sooner than you think you are in a limo.

Thailand Elite is ideal for frequent travelers who may not take advantage of the 1 year stamp, but will take full advantage of the assistance at the airport.

Go for it ;)

• Like 1

;-)

Thanks.

<removed>

Your welcome. Photo shows PE visa. The "M" at the top right denotes Multiple enty.

post-206524-14180879082928_thumb.jpg

If I'm a tourist, and I can afford the PE visa, then technically, it's a multiple entry tourist visa ;-)

It is for "forever tourists" (smile), because you are not allowed to work if you enter with a PE visa.

However, some Thailand Elite members do work with another type of visa and a work permit. In that case they become member for the convenience of the other services. Mainly the golf and assistance at the airport, I guess.

These "working" members are executives in big companies, not English teachers, of course.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

If I'm a tourist, and I can afford the PE visa, then technically, it's a multiple entry tourist visa ;-)

Its much more than a tourist visa. Gerry for sure states perfectly the other services with the scheme.

I guess its not possible, but I still wanted to ask.

You cant get that done for just 1,2,3 years as example?

I dont need 5 years, at least not yet and an option of 3 years would be great to have.

No you can't.

However, an option for one year priced at 150,000 and not renewable (Kind of "test the program") would make sense...

Maybe it will come one day.

But I am afraid it would attract quite a number of members who do not fit the profile. So, in my opinion, the fee should be higher for a one year card than the yearly average of a 5 or 20 years card...

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2