Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

No. It takes me half a day to go to cw and do a report. Traffic is always bad. I don't have a helicopter. Why is this hard to believe? I thought big c on ladpraow was only temporary because of protests. I'll try going there next time. And yes if they do away with 90 day reporting then perhaps te would be worth getting. Like this it's just like a tourist visa to me.

You are totally right.

I, by the way, also consider myself as a (life long) tourist :)

I don't work, I don't do business in Thailand, I am not married, I do not study Thai because I already speak read and write it, I am too young to be considered retired, I do not fancy visa runs, ...

In fact I am just coming to Thailand to spend my time (and money), and I just like enjoying life :)

I am a tourist (a quality one, probably)... who can stay in Thailand as long as he wants with his PE visa :)

Perfect...

Now, as a "tourist", my life with a Thailand Elite PE (Privileged Entry) visa is far far far more convenient than the life of those on ED, retirement, marriage, "business", "regular tourist" visa, or those with no visa at all... That is for sure!

You are very welcome to join us at Thailand Elite and leave your bitterness behind for a while (5 or 20 years actually).

I really don't get your posts with this fake optimism and Smiley's. And when did I ever express bitterness? I am just on a TE Visa forum discussing why is this program a poor value for me. I believe I am a kind of person this 500k visa is aimed at. I am not poor and I am not rich. I just work hard for my money like everyone else.

Sign me up for a group buy. I'll get it at 250k.

My God... Even when I agree with you, you still come back... :)

So, for 250,000 you think it's good value... But for 500,000 it's poor value. For you at least...

Just work some more, get "richer" (that, again, depends on each other's background and perspective), save more of your hard earned money, and get the real thing (the only one that exists at the moment).

Can you believe?

5 (five!) full years without the need to appear on these Thailand Elite threads to explain everyone how poor value this program is (for you)... + a trouble free PE visa too, of course.

And this for a mere 100,000b per year... Very good deal ;)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

If TE visa option was the only option I would take it. Fortunately it is not, so I choose to spend my money wisely.

After all that's 18 return tickets to Canada for me. I stand by my opinion. TE visa is poor value

- Thai Elite members spent already the money wisely

- Thai Elite members doesn´t count in airplane tickets or like others in 50 Baht beers

The cost of my three international flights per year are almost 500k Baht.

I agree! TE is not a good option for you.

Edited by skiller

If TE visa option was the only option I would take it. Fortunately it is not, so I choose to spend my money wisely.

After all that's 18 return tickets to Canada for me. I stand by my opinion. TE visa is poor value

- Thai Elite members spent already the money wisely

- Thai Elite members doesn´t count in airplane tickets or like others in 50 Baht beers

The cost of my three international flights per year are almost 500k Baht.

I agree full with you. TE is not a good option for you.

You're right, it's only for braggers. People who have worked for their money don't brag about their spendings.

Edited by Anthony5

No. It takes me half a day to go to cw and do a report. Traffic is always bad. I don't have a helicopter. Why is this hard to believe? I thought big c on ladpraow was only temporary because of protests. I'll try going there next time. And yes if they do away with 90 day reporting then perhaps te would be worth getting. Like this it's just like a tourist visa to me.

I thought all you elites took M-Jets everywhere...doesn't TE clear your soi for the jet to land and then whisk you off to CW with a bottle of bubbly to make your report?
Since you seem interested, and if you allow me, I will tell you precisely how nice it is (and take pictures) on my next flight with MJets. End of this month... But just because you seem interested, not that I want to "flaunt my wealth"... :)

(Will post that info in the "other perks" thread) (if you don't mind) (of course) (if you do mind and prefer not to know, just ask) (or just avoid reading the Thailand Elite threads).

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I thought all you elites took M-Jets everywhere...doesn't TE clear your soi for the jet to land and then whisk you off to CW with a bottle of bubbly to make your report?

No, in fact it takes them double the time of a normal visa holder to make their 90 days report.

Once to deliver the passport to the TE office, then a second trip a few days later to go pick up the passport.

You see they are really privileged.

They get jazzed about going two times because it makes them feel elite and privileged twice.

Since you seem interested, and if you allow me, I will tell you precisely how nice it is (and take pictures) on my next flight with MJets. End of this month... But just because you seem interested, not that I want to "flaunt my wealth"... smile.png

(Will post that info in the "other perks" thread) (if you don't mind) (of course) (if you do mind and prefer not to know, just ask) (or just avoid reading the Thailand Elite threads).

Be sure to post the soi takeoff and landing on YouTube...I'm sure it'll go viral :)

Since you seem interested, and if you allow me, I will tell you precisely how nice it is (and take pictures) on my next flight with MJets. End of this month... But just because you seem interested, not that I want to "flaunt my wealth"... smile.png

Be sure to post the soi takeoff and landing on YouTube...I'm sure it'll go viral :)
I don't know about YouTube, but what I will post will go viral with you "two", for sure. Result guaranteed (and reactions 100% predictable).

:)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

On my way for the 90 day report the other day

Coooooool :)

Did you go with an helicopter of Advance Aviation?

The helicopter can land on the roof of the Peninsula hotel... It's nice to go for the afternoon tea after the 90 day report :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

It's surprising to me how some below-50 people prefer the pure COST option rather than the perfectly legal INVESTMENT option...

The investment extension is much more hassle to get and requires you to entrust 10 million baht to the thai economy. If in five years baht goes from 33 to 35 baht per usd, your investment just lost 600,000 baht -- more than the elite card would have cost you in the first place.

Plus, the PE visa itself is more convenient than business visa: 5 years validity instead of 1, multiple 1 year entries with no need for reentry permits, zero paperwork required to get the visa itself or extensions, airport assistance (you clear the immigration faster than 1st class passengers!) etc. etc.

True, if 0.5MTHB is not a big enough amount to bother about and absolutely zero hassle is sought, then I do agree TE is a good option. (You also get to ride a nice car to/from the airport.)

But if not, I'd say there's a strong case for the 10MTHB Investment Extension of Stay.

Choosing the THB Bond or Term Deposit option, the THB FX risk you mention is clearly there.

Choosing the option of a BKK prime location luxury-class condo (175kTHB+/m2), the THB FX risk is very small if not negligible, since that asset class is an internationally traded asset.

Such an asset will very likely do better than -5% over 5 years (which is the TE cost), as measured in your "home" currency.

The only issue is whether 10MTHB is enough to get you such an asset. I think it can still be possible.

Edited by Globalist

It's surprising to me how some below-50 people prefer the pure COST option rather than the perfectly legal INVESTMENT option...

The investment extension is much more hassle to get and requires you to entrust 10 million baht to the thai economy. If in five years baht goes from 33 to 35 baht per usd, your investment just lost 600,000 baht -- more than the elite card would have cost you in the first place.

Plus, the PE visa itself is more convenient than business visa: 5 years validity instead of 1, multiple 1 year entries with no need for reentry permits, zero paperwork required to get the visa itself or extensions, airport assistance (you clear the immigration faster than 1st class passengers!) etc. etc.

True, if 0.5MTHB is not a big enough amount to bother about and absolutely zero hassle is sought, then I do agree TE is a good option. (You also get to ride a nice car to/from the airport.)

But if not, I'd say there's a strong case for the 10MTHB Investment Extension of Stay.

Choosing the THB Bond or Term Deposit option, the THB FX risk you mention is clearly there.

Choosing the option of a BKK prime location luxury-class condo (175kTHB+/m2), the THB FX risk is very small if not negligible, since that asset class is an internationally traded asset.

Such an asset will very likely do better than -5% over 5 years (which is the TE cost), as measured in your "home" currency.

The only issue is whether 10MTHB is enough to get you such an asset. I think it can still be possible.

I heard there were issues with renewing these investment visas, they're good for one year and then the problems start but this is all historical information and I believe it's been reinstated lately. How many times can you renew and extend the 10 Million Baht investment visa ?

Is it good for life, 1 year, 5 years, etc ?

Is the extension / renewal procedure a mere formality like going to immigration for a yearly extension ?

I heard there were issues with renewing these investment visas, they're good for one year and then the problems start but this is all historical information and I believe it's been reinstated lately. How many times can you renew and extend the 10 Million Baht investment visa ?

Is it good for life, 1 year, 5 years, etc ?

Is the extension / renewal procedure a mere formality like going to immigration for a yearly extension ?

Legally there shouldn't be any issues, and no limitations of number of renewals.

As always, immigration is extremely picky on details of documentation, whether relevant or not.

At least provided that you have exactly the same papers as you had the first time and go to the same immigration office, it should be a formality. After all, it is in fact a yearly extension (of stay).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm a newbie on this forum and I was brought here as I was looking for some more info about Thai Elite Visa. I am thinking of contacting them in June a bit before my visa expires; I'm from Switzerland and 46 years old. No thai gf.

It seems that at a time of difficulties to obtain a decent visa unless you're over 50, TE looks like a nice option.

What concerns me more is the upfront fee and the lack of visibility as to how long the current governments will support TE. I mean, could the latter be cancelled and so the visa later in time?

I downloaded the contract on their website and which says at time that the fee is cannot be paid back and at others:

" In case of the termination pursuant to Clause 2.4 (3) above (Termination due to government policies)

,.... the Company shall refund the remaining Membership Fee (if any) to the Member, within thirty (30) days after the Card has been returned

1. to the Company, less the following balances (if any) and costs:
    (i) The Penalty Charge and/or outstanding fees; and
    (ii) The costs of Privileges which have been used by the Member during the validity of Membership.

I'm not sure how to understand that. Does that mean the company will pay us something back if the visa were to be cancelled?

Thanks for your input

Hi all,

I'm a newbie on this forum and I was brought here as I was looking for some more info about Thai Elite Visa. I am thinking of contacting them in June a bit before my visa expires; I'm from Switzerland and 46 years old. No thai gf.

It seems that at a time of difficulties to obtain a decent visa unless you're over 50, TE looks like a nice option.

What concerns me more is the upfront fee and the lack of visibility as to how long the current governments will support TE. I mean, could the latter be cancelled and so the visa later in time?

I downloaded the contract on their website and which says at time that the fee is cannot be paid back and at others:

" In case of the termination pursuant to Clause 2.4 (3) above (Termination due to government policies)

,.... the Company shall refund the remaining Membership Fee (if any) to the Member, within thirty (30) days after the Card has been returned

• to the Company, less the following balances (if any) and costs:

(i) The Penalty Charge and/or outstanding fees; and

(ii) The costs of Privileges which have been used by the Member during the validity of Membership.

I'm not sure how to understand that. Does that mean the company will pay us something back if the visa were to be cancelled?

Thanks for your input

The termination applies to the privilages only not the visa. Since its inception in 2003 no visa has ever been cancelled. I too had the same reservations as yourself but the application process was very easy and straightforward.

Let's face it there is no visa option in Thailand that is completely 100% safe. As we have seen from ED visa this past year and other changes to other visas as well.

It seems people who are thinking about the Elite want to hear it is impossible that the 500 000 Baht or more that you will drop will be lost if something happens. Well I would say nothing is impossible

especially when it comes to the rules in Thailand. What can be said about the Elite is 1. The visa part of the Elite has never been cancelled only some member perks and 2. The Thais from my understanding

love this type of tourist that has the initial cash to drop and probably has a half decent more money to spend inside the country.

You just got to accept that there will always be a level or risk when you pay in advance for something, though I think the chance is quite low if you can't handle the stress of not 100% knowing then might as well not get this visa and

if you are willing to pay it up and except that there just might be a small chance u will lose it all and you are willing to accept that, then get it

Hi all,

First and foremost, thanks for having answering me so quickly. All you say and is pretty much what I think too.There's always a tiny risk but so far all members have always enjoyed their membership. I too think it would create some headline news were visas to be cancelled and would raise red flags for potential investors in the country. I'm definitely gonna go for it for, anyhow, what other options are there at this point anyway when you're under 50.

Thanks again for your answers. I'm starting to love this forum!

• Like 2

Hi all,

First and foremost, thanks for having answering me so quickly. All you say and is pretty much what I think too.There's always a tiny risk but so far all members have always enjoyed their membership. I too think it would create some headline news were visas to be cancelled and would raise red flags for potential investors in the country. I'm definitely gonna go for it for, anyhow, what other options are there at this point anyway when you're under 50.

Thanks again for your answers. I'm starting to love this forum!

I think that soon you may love Thailand Elite more than this forum :)

Besides the visa, the other perks are also quite nice. Especially the airport and immigration assistance, if you travel often. You will soon enjoy meeting other members too. Thailand Elite invites members to join events from time to time. These are good occasions to meet other members. Many nice, likeminded people to meet.

You can search Facebook for "Thailand Elite Members". Members (and non-members, of course) can be met there too.

Welcome :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

You've just increased the financial exposure by a factor of twenty.

That's one of several major flaws in your cunning plan.

why you need a elite card visa anyway? just get a retirement visa instead . if you are over 45 years old and under 50, not worth at all. better get a tourist visa wait to be 50 and get a retirement visa.

how much cost a retirement visa for 5 years vs an elite card?

Edited by VIPinthailand

why you need a elite card visa anyway? just get a retirement visa instead . if you are over 45 years old and under 50, not worth at all. better get a tourist visa wait to be 50 and get a retirement visa.

To some people it will be worth it just to avoid any hassle, paperwork, etc.

You may not be aware of this but there's lots of people in this world to whom 500k Baht means so little it's going to be regarded as petty cash and some of them are going to be over 50 and live in Thailand.

• Like 2

While, using the "VIPinthailand" name, you recommend the cheapest options to stay in Thailand, and we thank you for your opinion, I, and around 3000 other members, enjoy a VIP visa, VIP assistance at the airport, VIP treatment at immigration, VIP fast tracks, VIP invitations... , and all this for a very affordable (negligible for some) fee.

I hope you don't mind.

Why do I need an Elite visa?

Well, I simply could not live here without one.

12 years of Thailand Elite membership (and still not 50 years old)... I can't imagine spending such a long time in a country and having to constantly zig zag to get short term permissions of stay.

You have the money?

Go for Thailand Elite !!!

• Like 1

So am I to understand it's a one off payment of 500k the for the Elite Card? Not 1m like before? I am seriously thinking about it. I have been coming in and out of thailand for 7 years on tourist visas and extensions but am only 41 and don't want to do this for another 9 years!

With the Elite card does that mean they won't stamp my passport when I leave and enter Thailand? That's the other thing that kills me, using up pages on my passport even though have the more pages version.

So am I to understand it's a one off payment of 500k the for the Elite Card? Not 1m like before? I am seriously thinking about it. I have been coming in and out of thailand for 7 years on tourist visas and extensions but am only 41 and don't want to do this for another 9 years!

With the Elite card does that mean they won't stamp my passport when I leave and enter Thailand? That's the other thing that kills me, using up pages on my passport even though have the more pages version.

You will still get departure and entry stamps. Those do not take up much space.

It's 500,000 for 5 years (Easy Access).

It's 2,000,000 for 20 years (Full membership).

The original full membership card was offered for 1 million, then 1,5. It is now 2.

I was 36 when I became member and enjoy the easiness of the Thailand Elite visa since then.

At 41 you would make a good choice by joining this program... For sure.

For the stamps, well that's the usual thing. Departure and arrival stamps, every time you travel.

• Like 1