Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

Since I'm 43 and will be divorcing my wife, I'm going to get one.

Already been in contact with them, all seems to go very efficient.

After you become a member you will not feel the need to marry anymore smile.png

Are those one of the services they provide? Are there additional costs to avail them or are they included?

Looks like nowadays we have only "newbies" creating "new" accounts to post on Thailand Elite threads.

Funny :)

Just a quick question. I recall reading that the elite card wasn't for living permanently in Thailand somewhere ? If I'd like to retire in Thailand and I am under 50 living off returns. Would the elite card work? Can I call Thailand my home and spend over 180 days per yr in the country?

Just a quick question. I recall reading that the elite card wasn't for living permanently in Thailand somewhere ? If I'd like to retire in Thailand and I am under 50 living off returns. Would the elite card work? Can I call Thailand my home and spend over 180 days per yr in the country?

You can stay here full time on the PE visa and entries.

There is no 180 day rule. That is only for being considered a resident for tax purposes.

There's an interesting article in the BKK Post today on the Thailand Elite card and program continuing to face hard financial times, lagging membership sales and a plan to increase the individual membership fee to 3 million baht.

I can't link to it here under forum rules, but it was posted today in their business section. And I don't see any comparable article posted anywhere here in the TV forum coming from The Nation or anywhere else.

The last line of the article says they're planning to increase the 20-year individual membership fee from the current 2 million to 3 million because, of course, they're not selling enough cards/memberships.

According to the article, TPC got 94 million baht in revenue (not profits) from 152 memberships sold in fiscal 2014. And yet, they have goals of 324 million revenue and 520 memberships in f2015, and then 414 million in f2016 and 550 million in f2017.

Do they really think they're going to more than triple, from 152 to 520, the number of memberships sold during the coming year?

No mention of any pricing changes to the less expensive 5-year Thailand Easy Access package that sells for 500,000 baht.

Needless to say, from a business venture perspective, which this is supposed to be from the Thai government's perspective, this program is continuing to be a financial bust. You kind of have to wonder how long they're going to continue to support this program?

The article also mentions, without elaborating, that they were unable to sell any co-branded memberships with property developers and family memberships in October and November.

Here's the current summary of their different packages and their terms/costs from their website:

post-58284-0-54929900-1417059665_thumb.j

http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

According to the article, TPC got 94 million baht in revenue (not profits) from 152 memberships sold in fiscal 2014.

Thank you for the additional information.

152 memberships sold in a year.

At that pace, they are quickly going to reach their goal of 1,000,000 memberships.

Finally some real news.

It changes from the useless troll posts that we had to endure lately ;)

Now the Thailand Elite haters can come back with their traditional "blah blah blah"... The Thailand Elite threads (old and new ones) are going to enjoy a new life :)

On my side, as a long time Thailand Elite member, I am very happy that, even in those uncertain (political) times, I can count on 150 (!) new fellow members, and some of them already friends :)

150 more guests for the Thailand Elite parties. Cool :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

I agree, it's not an insane amount of money for being hassle-free, and I think everyone who pays the amount can afford to lose it. I see a lot of people referring to the old defunct program. None of the initial members had their memberships revoked right? If they did then I would understand if all trust was gone.

Edited by pingp0ng
  • Like 1

I agree, it's not an insane amount of money for being hassle-free, and I think everyone who pays the amount can afford to lose it. I see a lot of people referring to the old defunct program. None of the initial members had their memberships revoked right? If they did then I would understand if all trust was gone.

The "old program" has never been defunct. And indeed the initial members never lost their convenient visa. Thailand Elite is still the same as it was at the beginning, or even better when it comes to the PE visa.

• Like 1

My approval is done, next week send in the originals, pay and we will be an official member.

So I can finally get divorced while still being able to stay here and enjoy the priviliges since I have waiting in queue the fast track immi sounds wonderful.

• Like 1

My approval is done, next week send in the originals, pay and we will be an official member.

So I can finally get divorced while still being able to stay here and enjoy the priviliges since I have waiting in queue the fast track immi sounds wonderful.

Welcome to the club :)

• Like 2

Thanks, I was a little disappointed that I have to go to Bangkok to get the stamp, of course they will guide me, but I had more in mind of sending my passport or even better just getting stamped right here in Krabi with them as reps.smile.png . Krabi immi knows me, have been giving me marriage extensions for the last 7 years.

Edited by likewise

Gerry, I remember you mentioning a few weeks ago that there would be some more positive news about the Thailand Elite visa.

Is this announcement still planned for this month? Should I be 'on tenterhooks' with excitement and bated breath? :)

Good news are coming from time to time, such as the free Thailand Elite / Montecarlo Yachts 70' day cruise (only for members, not their friends unfortunately).

I guess you received the invitation.

It's a good occasion to meet fellow members in a good atmosphere, even for those who prefer sail boats ;)

Hey, folks

After reading your positive feedback I decided to apply for the easy access program. Went to their website, clicked the button: "download application form". The system asked me for some basic personal information. Pressed the button "Next". An error pops up that there was something wrong. Tried again with the same result. The disclaimer in the pop up said that they got my information and would contact me asap.

Two days have passed and I haven't heard anything from them. One would expect a better functioning website and better customer service for this kind of money. I am surprised.

now I am 500'000 bahts richer than you and with this money I will spend some vacations in Lao and in same time renew my tourist Visa for 5 years.

on top of this, everything is free for me, I have just invested my 500000 bahts at 6 percents and now I make 30000 bahts a year. (2500 bahts a month for 5 years)

total after 5 years=over 150k bahts in my pocket.

I have heard that elite card will soon be cancelled by the new government! and no refund...

Edited by Digitalnomade

Hey, folks

After reading your positive feedback I decided to apply for the easy access program. Went to their website, clicked the button: "download application form". The system asked me for some basic personal information. Pressed the button "Next". An error pops up that there was something wrong. Tried again with the same result. The disclaimer in the pop up said that they got my information and would contact me asap.

Two days have passed and I haven't heard anything from them. One would expect a better functioning website and better customer service for this kind of money. I am surprised.

Same thing happened to me when I applied. I believe they were aware of the error. I phoned them them and all sorted very quickly. There service is very good from my own experience. Did you send the application? Edited by bim

now I am 500'000 bahts richer than you and with this money I will spend some vacations in Lao and in same time renew my tourist Visa for 5 years.

on top of this, everything is free for me, I ha e just invested my 500000 bahts at 6 percents and now I make 30000 bahts a year.

total after 5 years=over 150k bahts in my pocket.

Good for you. Your choice but many happy with the programme so why so bitter? Good luck in Lao. 5 year tourist visa hey. Not heard of that on.