Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

still not a good deal for me.

7 years in Thailand, moving back to Europe during summer. stay in Europe 3 months a year.

summer is so hot here, you have to be nut to stay in Thailand. my 500k baths pay my vacation in Europe.

It's a good option too.

At least in Europe you will not have to stay 4,5 hours at immigration for your tourist visa extension...

Or be sent back home because they are too busy processing "tourists", losing a day for nothing...

Plus the day you have to come back, of course...

Personally, I prefer to take my holidays in Thailand 365 days a year, with a PE visa and no hassle.

I will be thankful forever to Thailand Elite for the 12 passed years I have been able to spend here... Totally trouble free.

In any case, you could not stay a full year in Thailand with your "tourist" system, so a nice holiday in Europe is the good solution indeed.

Good choice :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Yes Thai Elite is nice. But in my case (couple of farangs) this is 1 million... And the EURO drop does not help...
So I can't afford it :(

I would prefer they reduce price and do a yearly payement, example 60000thb/person/per year...

I am allowed to dream, no? :)

Yes Thai Elite is nice. But in my case (couple of farangs) this is 1 million... And the EURO drop does not help...

So I can't afford it :(

I would prefer they reduce price and do a yearly payement, example 60000thb/person/per year...

I am allowed to dream, no? :)

To reduce the price is, in my opinion, a dream indeed.

But a card valid for only one year would make sense...

So I can't afford it sad.png

I am allowed to dream, no? smile.png

To reduce the price is, in my opinion, a dream indeed.

But a card valid for only one year would make sense...

I agree a one year membership would make sense, lots of people aren't going to be ready to commit to 5 or 20 years but they might like to sample Thailand for a hassle free year long visit before making the decision about staying longer.

The only way they could do this would be to make it more expensive on a per year basis than the other memberships.

So if I was the CEO over at TE I would offer a one year membership with a one year visa and the same benefits as the 5 year membership for around 150k Baht.

The visa stamp you receive each time you arrive would allow you to stay until the date your one year membership expires which would encourage people to sign up for the longer memberships after the first year.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

if people are happy with the elite card, I would not be surprised to see the price to increase soon.

then all of you will be very happy to pay 1 million or 2 millions to stay in Thailand.

you are just all screwing yourself.!

That Envy will get the better of you. I hope they do increase the price in order to bring in a higher class of visitor to Thailand. Anyone who has seen the recent BBC 3 doc on Bangkok Airport will know what I mean. I feel blessed to be able to have the option of Thailand Elite to stay in this wonderful country and come and go as I please. After all we dont want Thailand to become the Benidorm of South East Asia. :)
  • Like 1

if people are happy with the elite card, I would not be surprised to see the price to increase soon.

then all of you will be very happy to pay 1 million or 2 millions to stay in Thailand.

This would of course only affect new members who haven't joined yet wouldn't it ?

If the price is increased it will probably oblige you to stay on tourist visa forever :)

But since you seem to think that you follow the best option, not a problem I guess ;)

I hope that, even at an old age, you will still be able to cope with the immigration headaches, the long queues, the uncertainty of your permission of stay, 4,5 hours lost only to get a tourist visa extension, etc...

Now, ... Indeed, all the members are happy with the Elite card. That's a fact.

We also all notice that this fact seems to disturb you quite much.

Happy with the services, happy with the PE visa, happy with the super fast immigration, happy to stay in Thailand in comfort.

I also think that there is a chance, in the future, that the price - for new members - may be increased.

In my opinion I could be increased.

At this time, 500,000 or 2 million are very affordable fees, compared to the benefits.

So yes, it could be increased.

As Bim said... It would bring more quality people in Thailand.

An option could be to introduce a more expensive "Platinum offer", but keeping the Easy Access as it is. And, why not, a yearly membership...

This program is just great...

Personally I would welcome a more expensive Platinum option... And would buy it... For sure... Only to make Thailand Elite haters go crazy on this forum :)

Edited by gerry1011

personally I go soon with retirement visa and with the money saved I will rent a nice house with swimming pool and jacuzzi and will party all nights with my ladies. it sucks to be young! :-)

I too am nearly ready for the retirement visa but dont need the hassle in obtaining one. I have a beautiful wife and even after paying for the Elite visa still have more then enough money left over and pay no rent and have a lovely home to call our own. Renting is hardly saving so am not sure what your point is. Am sure the ladies will soon leave when the money runs out hey ;)
  • Like 1

personally I go soon with retirement visa and with the money saved I will rent a nice house with swimming pool and jacuzzi and will party all nights with my ladies. it sucks to be young! :-)

sucks to be you if that's all you have to look forward to in your retirement.
  • Like 1

Doesn't suck too much to be young... I'm 41 so cannot get retirement visa even though I pretty much retired and not working since 36. The past 5 years coming in and out Thailand every month and fly to my other home in HK after 30 or 60 days... But recently have spent more time here and don't want the hassles of tourist visas and 1 month extensions and going to immigration office all the time. The 500k is just an expensive weekend in Macau for me... So the elite card is probably what I'll do now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can i open a current account as a holder of thai elite card easy access 5 year? Like at bangkok bank who is a partner company from thai elite.

I also plan to buy the Thai Elite Card Easy Access at the end of this year or next year.

A current account is a checking account. These are not that easy to open and are not really needed or that useful here. You would have a problem to even find a business that will accept a check

You can open a savings account and have a ATM/debit card and internet banking which will allow you do what ever you want to do.

See: http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/SpecialServices/ForeignCustomers/Pages/Openinganaccountnew.aspx

Can i open a current account as a holder of thai elite card easy access 5 year? Like at bangkok bank who is a partner company from thai elite.

I also plan to buy the Thai Elite Card Easy Access at the end of this year or next year.

A current account is a checking account. These are not that easy to open and are not really needed or that useful here. You would have a problem to even find a business that will accept a check

You can open a savings account and have a ATM/debit card and internet banking which will allow you do what ever you want to do.

See: http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/SpecialServices/ForeignCustomers/Pages/Openinganaccountnew.aspx

Ah, thanks for the answer! thumbsup.gif

I thought a current account is a giro account. Sorry i'm Austrian and not perfect in English! biggrin.png

I just would need a bank statement for proof of residence with my thai adress on it for my brokerage account. Can this also be made with a savings account bank statement?

It's just for than when I also buy the Thai Elite Card and stay than more than 180 days a year in thailand.

I thought a current account is a giro account. Sorry i'm Austrian and not perfect in English! biggrin.png

I just would need a bank statement for proof of residence with my thai adress on it for my brokerage account. Can this also be made with a savings account bank statement?

It's just for than when I also buy the Thai Elite Card and stay than more than 180 days a year in thailand.

You dont need proof of residence to do the 90 day reports. Just state where you are living on the form.

The term current account can even be confusing to a person fluent in English because it is not used in their home country.

With a standard saving account here you get a passbook and do not receive statements.

For proof of residence you could get a certificate of residence from immigration that you would to need to have translated or from your embassy that should satisfy the brokerage.

@ubonjoe

I just read online at bangkok bank that you are receiving statements from your saving account.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/Pages/StatementSavings.aspx

I will ask my broker if the certificate of residence from immigration will work too. The other options (utility bill or phone bill) are not available for me.

@bim

When i buy the Thai Elite Card and stay in Thailand about 9 months every year i also want get a thai tax residence and pay taxes here (from my capital income overseas brought to Thailand). It's also the cheaper version for me.

@ubonjoe

I just read online at bangkok bank that you are receiving statements from your saving account.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/Pages/StatementSavings.aspx

I will ask my broker if the certificate of residence from immigration will work too. The other options (utility bill or phone bill) are not available for me.

@bim

When i buy the Thai Elite Card and stay in Thailand about 9 months every year i also want get a thai tax residence and pay taxes here (from my capital income overseas brought to Thailand). It's also the cheaper version for me.

That is not a standard savings account. It might also be more difficult to open one looking at the required document shown on the webpage for it.

I am pleased to read this about the Thai Elite visa. I found out about it last year and have read various stories. Good to see someone who recognises the value of it.

I would go for this but I think I would only get two and a bit years use from it. I am soon to be 48 and when 50 I would apply for a retirement visa. So the 500k baht fee is a bit strong for my short requirment. But for someone younger, it works out at 1000 baht a week - they'll be spending that and more a night on beer (if anything like me). I haven't written the thought of applying for the TE visa, but it simply doesn't stack up unless it's my only option.

My enquirey is this, can I stay in Thailand from now until I am 50 without having to obtain a student Visa (Education Visa)? I am British nationality and have adequate funds to see me through. I presently have a 60 day visa that expires early April. I have been here since last November on tourist visas.

Thank you for reading

My enquirey is this, can I stay in Thailand from now until I am 50 without having to obtain a student Visa (Education Visa)? I am British nationality and have adequate funds to see me through. I presently have a 60 day visa that expires early April. I have been here since last November on tourist visas.

Once you get the TE membership and the visa which comes with it you don't need to leave until it expires which for the Easy Access option is 5 years from the date you signed up.

So, yes, you can easily stay for 2 years without leaving but you could also stay without leaving for the full 5 years if you wanted to and leave the retirement option until later.

If you do leave the country while having this visa you get a one year stamp every time you come back. All you need to do is the 90 days reports and one extension per year which covers you for the following year.

• Like 2

And all for just ten thousand pounds every five years (amazing how quickly that flies by). Well done laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

It's well worth the price, that's only £2000 per year.

I do not live in Bangkok, so at a disadvantage straight away.

It costs me less than 6000 Baht a year for my extension and Multiple entry.

I am no way trying to knock it, it certainly seems like a good option for those under 50.

But pray tell, are all you guys singing its praises under 50 or on commission ?

Nah... They won't do it. It is actually a great scheme for Thailand as it seems like the average sinsod is half a mil so instead of some poor isan gal getting the cash the government takes it instead. It also assures that the more "affluent" Farang stays in Thailand. I strongly suspent they will come up with basic one year visa for 100k with zero perks.