Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

@@ gery1011: I would say that Thailand Elite is the best solution if you want to avoid the hassles of getting a long term visa,

I agree full with you. This was the major point for me. In my opinion 500k Baht is the worth of it.

Spent almost the same amount the past few years with Visa runs flying out/in - not talking from the time I have wasted at the airports.

I know TE only for 3 months and from the forum here that´s why I made it not earlier.

The Thailand Elite program is excellent, really.

Not only the membership eliminates the "visa hassles" and all those headaches people speak about on this forum, but it also provides a priceless feeling: The feeling of being "welcome home".

Each time you arrive in Thailand, the Thailand Elite service and staff make you feel like that.

It's not only about passing through immigration in a brisk, the limo transfers, the free golf or spa, it is also about the smile of the Thailand Elite staff, their readiness to help you, their charm... It really makes a difference.

Of course, only fellow members can see what I mean.

Naturalisation is good too. It costs a lot less than 500k, and you get the right to stay here for ever. You also get to use the automatic gates at the airport - sailing through immigration in seconds flat without even having to speak to anyone.

No free spas included, but you do get the local rates when visiting national parks, as well as the 'welcome home' feeling and all that.

Of course, only fellow citizens can see what I mean wai.gif

I feel a bit sorry for the poor souls who can't scrape together 500k, and are nevertheless good people who have established ties to Thailand, while living here under the old rules. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place now that they are being forced out.

Tough old world.

Naturalization is surely another good option.

Not everybody's cup of tea though...

It's a rather loooooooooong process that is not really hassle-free...

But still good for those who plan to stay here and to die here (not everybody's plan, believe me).

Now, if there is a paying option for a convenient PE visa, I am sure some people would also be rather interested in a paying naturalization option, like in Malta, for example.

But can you imagine the explosion of scandalized comments on this forum if, for example, the Thai government was to offer naturalization in exchange of, say, 50 million baht?

And even worse!!!

Imagine the reaction of some posters if other posters had the intention to actually pay that price for that service... saying that it would be good value for money...

It will never happen, of course, but if it did I would love to be on this forum and read the posts :)

Some posters writing on this forum would buy it for sure. Guaranteed!

;)

To be honest with you, I also feel sorry and sometimes concerned by the people who find themselves in a precarious situation because of the new visa rules (and no money for an Elite card)(Or to go back to their own country).

Everybody is surely convinced that there are a lot of very nice foreigners in that situation.

While my sympathy goes to this type of persons, I also allow myself to seriously look down at those posters who, for the sole reason that we bought a Thailand Elite card, allow themselves to posts comments, many times insulting, towards the program and its members. Comments only driven by their boredom, bitterness, jealousy and, very simply, lack of financial resources.

I am very happy for those who patiently went through the whole long lasting process of the naturalization, and who are still happy with their choice of being in Thailand.

I am equally happy if the visa runners find themselves happy with their chosen, tiring, uncomfortable and very insecure, option.

But please guys... Let me and the other Thailand Elite members be happy with our comfortable and highly convenient option too.

Thanks ;)

(I still very much welcome posts coming from trolls and Thailand Elite haters though... With pleasure).

Right. Naturalisation is a pain in the arse to go through, I'll grant you that.

If I hadn't got my citizenship I'd likely be going the TE route now. Immigration are making the process of staying here harder and more humiliating with every new rule change.

• Like 1

Some info about the 90 days report for Thailand Elite members in Bangkok.

I am a member since 11 years... but I never made a 90 days report because I travel quite much.

I was interested to know how it really works, so, I delayed at trip I had to do this month, in order to reach 90 days, and make the report through Thailand Elite.

The procedure is as simple as it was explained before.

- Bring your passport to the Thailand Elite offices on Sathorn road on Tuesday.

- Give your passport and the completed TM.47 form at the counter.

- They do the report for you on Wednesday. You can pick up your passport on Thursday.

- You don't have to bring your passport and the form by yourself. You can send your driver or anyone else with it.

If someone else will picks up your passport after the 90 days report, just inform them of the name of that person.

- If you are worried that the police checks you during the 90 days report process, Thailand Elite advises you to carry a copy of your passport, with a copy of the stamp and departure card, and your Thailand Elite card.

If needed, the police can call the call center to confirm that your passport is with them for the 90 days report.

There is unconfirmed news that in the future the Thailand Elite members may not have to do the 90 days report anymore. However, this depends on a signature from the concerned ministry. So, be patient, at the moment the 90 days report is still to be done.

post-12654-14193205854718_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14193206145709_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Do you need to 90day report ?

Border runs every 3 months ?

Do you need to get a 1000b re entry thingo before you leave ?

Yes you need to do 90 day reports if you stay here that long.

The multiple entry PE visa allows unlimited one year entries for 5 years. No need for a re-entry permit.

I am a member since 11 years... but I never made a 90 days report because I travel quite much.

I was interested to know how it really works, so, I delayed at trip I had to do this month, in order to reach 90 days, and make the report through Thailand Elite.

- They do the report for you on Wednesday. You can pick up your passport on Thursday.

- You don't have to bring your passport and the form by yourself. You can send your driver or anyone else with it.

If someone else will picks up your passport after the 90 days report, just inform them of the name of that person.

- If you are worried that the police checks you during the 90 days report process, Thailand Elite advises you to carry a copy of your passport, with a copy of the stamp and departure card, and your Thailand Elite card.

If needed, the police can call the call center to confirm that your passport is with them for the 90 days report.

There is unconfirmed news that in the future the Thailand Elite members may not have to do the 90 days report anymore. However, this depends on a signature from the concerned ministry. So, be patient, at the moment the 90 days report is still to be done.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1419320581.990491.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1419320608.619985.jpg

Thanks for the update Gerry. Very interesting. Keep us posted. :)
  • Like 2

I've just completed the same exact process 2 hours ago.

Really great service, especially considering I hate going to this immigration bureau because, in order to reach it you have to take a taxi, and takes the highway, speeding, something that turns sometimes the whole trip into some impending death sentence.

Great news about the no-more-90 days report. But honestly, for a Bangkok citizen, going to Shilom 4 times a year (providing you'll never leave the country) isn't such a harrasment.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1419320581.990491.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1419320608.619985.jpg

Just a quick note for those who never made a 90 days report (this is my first time since I started my membership in 2003).

After you give your passport and the TM47 form at the Thailand Elite office on any Tuesdays, you pick up your passport the next Thursday, with this added form (picture) into your passport, with the date for the following 90 report (if needed).

Cheers :)

post-12654-14194910656022_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

I just called the Elite office to enquire/join the Elite easy access.

They informed me the sales staff are on holiday until the 6th of January.

Are you in such a hurry to get a PE visa?

Happy New Year to you smile.png

I posted more as a public service announcement for those like me who wish to call and enquire at this time.

as far as my own personal situation, I had been planning to arrange the PE visa before my next trip to Thailand, now I doubt it'll happen within the current timeframe.

No biggie, everyone earns their holidays.

Happy new year.

I just called the Elite office to enquire/join the Elite easy access.

They informed me the sales staff are on holiday until the 6th of January.

Are you in such a hurry to get a PE visa?

Happy New Year to you smile.png

I posted more as a public service announcement for those like me who wish to call and enquire at this time.

as far as my own personal situation, I had been planning to arrange the PE visa before my next trip to Thailand, now I doubt it'll happen within the current timeframe.

No biggie, everyone earns their holidays.

Happy new year.

If you plan to arrange the PE visa before your next trip to Thailand, the best option is to get it upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi.

Quick and easy.

Of course, if you plan to arrive just after New Year it will be a bit short...

Great news about the no-more-90 days report. But honestly, for a Bangkok citizen, going to Shilom 4 times a year (providing you'll never leave the country) isn't such a harrasment.

If you live elsewhere in the country like me, I'm in Hua Hin then you just go to the local immigration office and do it yourself.

Going to Hua Hin immigration office is a simple task and there's rarely any kind of queue in my experience if you go at the right time of day (mid to late afternoon).

It takes about 10 minutes every three months.

I agreee that if you're in Bangkok going to Chaeng Wattana is a pain and if I ever move back there in the future I'll definitely make use of the Silom office service, it's a real time saver.

Seems more of a PITA for people who have TP do the report for the as they have to go to shelp over to their office twic (but I'm sure you all just send your drivers right?). Us non-elites only have to go once. As for that not having to do 90-day reports...is that like the being able to purchase land in your own name vapor-benefit they touted at one time too.

If you live elsewhere in the country like me, I'm in Hua Hin then you just go to the local immigration office and do it yourself.

Going to Hua Hin immigration office is a simple task and there's rarely any kind of queue in my experience if you go at the right time of day (mid to late afternoon).

It takes about 10 minutes every three months.

I agreee that if you're in Bangkok going to Chaeng Wattana is a pain and if I ever move back there in the future I'll definitely make use of the Silom office service, it's a real time saver.

Seems more of a PITA for people who have TP do the report for the as they have to go to shelp over to their office twic (but I'm sure you all just send your drivers right?). Us non-elites only have to go once. As for that not having to do 90-day reports...is that like the being able to purchase land in your own name vapor-benefit they touted at one time too.
I am not a native English speaker and make many mistakes in my posts... But yours seem to be... Uhm... don't know what to say... Are you already celebrating new year with (too much) champagne?

Or was this year a bit rough on you?

Happy new year anyway :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

I had a question, it might have already been answered

The Elite Visa Staff tell me

1. New people to the program do not have to report every 90 days, just once a year if they do not leave the country

2. It is the people that got the Elite Visa in the past that still need to do 90 day reporting

Is this how it works?

90 day reporting isnt a deal breaker for me, its juts more of a minor annoyance when one has to do it:) but was curious on those that are using this service on how it works

1. New people to the program do not have to report every 90 days, just once a year if they do not leave the country

2. It is the people that got the Elite Visa in the past that still need to do 90 day reporting

Is this how it works?

90 day reporting isnt a deal breaker for me, its juts more of a minor annoyance when one has to do it:) but was curious on those that are using this service on how it works

What they had to do with previous visa was apply for an extension every 90 days unless they left and re-entered the country for a new entry.

The reports of staying in the country more than 90 day are not the same thing. If those with the old visa stayed in the country longer than 90 days they also had to make 90 reports.

Is this how it works?

You get a 1 year stamp every time you enter the country but you still have to report every 90 days.

Every foreigner in Thailand needs to do the 90 day report, it's the law.

It's worth noting that the 90 day report is a very quick in and out type of procedure, it's quicker than an extension. This is if you go to immigration and do it yourself.

I got my visa in June 2014 and I've done the 90 days reports twice since then, the next one is due in March.

In June 2015 assuming I've been here for a full year without leaving I'll need to get a 1 year extension for 1900 Baht as well as the usual free 90 day report.

• Like 2

A lot of the posts about the Elite visa on TV are censored or removed. Recommend googling for the Reddit discussion for the balanced view.

There removed because they contain information that goes off topic or are not even factual. Sure go to reddit for an inballanced view. Plenty of long term PE visa holders here who post the facts. And plenty here who took up the option to have an easy stay visa option that does not cost the earth. Edited by bim
  • Like 1

I'd like to know more about the presumed censor here regarding TE card....

So far, seems all who have it are so happy with it, and the rest is angry...

I reckon it is very good option but I can't pay 1 million for me and my wife.

Most of us also wonder what drives this anger and bitterness towards the Thailand Elite program and its members, as well as the surrealist baseless negative comments coming from these posters...

Thailand Elite is a great program.

It costs some money, of course.

All the Thailand Elite haters probably just lack the funds, otherwise they would quickly buy a membership and join the thousands of happy members.

• Like 2

Most of us also wonder what drives this anger and bitterness towards the Thailand Elite program and its members, as well as the surrealist baseless negative comments coming from these posters...

For many of the haters it is politics. Who was PM when the Thai Elite was started?

For many of the haters it is politics. Who was PM when the Thai Elite was started?
You are right, in part.

It is about politics, indeed, and at "that time", some foreigners were feeling like the PM was their enemy.

But... Don't we hear the same complaints ("the government and the Thais hate us") from exactly the same posters and this exact moment, with the present government and present PM?

I think it is more about lack of funds and jealousy.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

You are right, in part.

It is about politics, indeed, and at "that time", some foreigners were feeling like the PM was their enemy.

But... Don't we hear the same complaints ("the government and the Thais hate us") from exactly the same posters and this exact moment, with the present government and present PM?

I think it is more about lack of funds and jealousy.

Seems to consistently be the underlying reason - look, everyone ought to realize that Thailand is more enjoyable (or, really, only enjoyable) if you have money - consistent in the way Thailand and Thais appreciate money.

This is simply a service and level of comfort granted by a larger initial outlay of money - as it has been shown that, overall, there is little difference in price between perform inconvenient visa runs, versus the Elite solution.

• Like 1