I'm not a dictator, says angry Prayut

Lite Beer

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find most interesting about this is that Yingluck was near universally hated in these comments, and Prayruth was nearly universally loved when he kicked her out. He seems to be losing support, at least among the farang community, but its not at all clear to me what he has done to merit the lack of support....he didn't promise early elections or early democracy did he? He introduced martial law and said any criticism of the coup or the government or himself would not be tolerated. He is only doing exactly what he said he would.

Doesn't matter what term he uses to describe his non-elected rise to power. What does matter, and will be well remembered, is the point in time when he lost the trust and support of the law abiding majority. That point in time was when he rewarded and heaped praise on a proudly corrupt police force for successfully finding scape goats and then threatening anybody(and mainly those that helped with early investigative efforts) that discusses the travesty of justice.

Dictatorship or not, there is no questioning that the guy is a bully, and as recent revelations show, is just as slimy as the clan he booted out. Quite why they didn't pick somebody with morals and without hundreds of millions of very questionable baht in the bank to "clean up" the country is a mystery. A complete own goal, and this one didn't hit the crossbar.

The same world wide, billionaires running the countrys, PM of NZ a meryl lynch trader running blind trusts in the background.

Ukraine controlled by lunatic billionaires, politicians never do whats right for the people so no democracy world wide its a con word in the corporate corupt lunatic world.

• Like 1

"The government and the NCPO have never thought of using force towards the press, but all we are seeking is your cooperation and respect for the law," he said."

Crikey - what about the lawfully elected government?

Quite a good point. Unfortunately it was the elected government breaking the law or at the very least letting the law be broken without holding the law breakers responsible. Of course they did hold the people with differing view points to them responsible. This is not equal protection under the law which happens to be a principle of democracy.

That my friend is one of many reasons why reform is needed.

Unless of course you preferred the daily terrorist attacks done with impunity killing innocent people because yingluck was elected?

A new election??

Or is that to simple??

If I remember correctly, one was supposed to take place in February!! But the voters was prevented from reaching the pollingstations by Suthep and his henchmen, while the army was watching from the sidelines, waiting for their turn!!

You hate the reds, you disapprove of the general and you don't like Suthep!!

Your solution please!!

• Like 2

"The government and the NCPO have never thought of using force towards the press, but all we are seeking is your cooperation and respect for the law," he said."

Crikey - what about the lawfully elected government?

"Crikey - what about the lawfully elected government that were acting illegally and unlawfully?"

There you go, sentence completed.

Respect for the law will be something new, as would democracy.

Tatsujin, 2fishin2 and eeworldwide.

Apology, but my multiquote reply is not working. I am referring to #77 #120 and #79.

All other posts of 1 - 2 lines are just in good humour. Some are very good. Had a good laugh.

But seriously speaking, guys, I may admit and concede the following.

1) For a couple of months BEFORE the coup I was calling for it to happen. The country was hurting. People were hurting. Business and economy were hurting.

2) When the coup has happened I was satisfied - the hurt stopped. Some semblance of Law, Order and Calm has returned.

3) The leader of the coup had turned out to be not so bad. Not too stupid. Not too bloodthirsty. Not too brutal. Not too vindictive. Not too ambitious.

Actually, the guy has my sympathy, because he will be blamed for all the failures in future. 'What failures?' you may ask. - Better ask yourselves - what did you expect from him or anybody else?

He was right telling those students - HE CANNOT GIVE THEM DEMOCRACY!!! Nobody can. Because democracy is not a mango, not a jack-fruit, not a rambutan or a lychee - this is not a Thai fruit...

Democracy doesn't grow on trees. Thais NEVER had it. And most likely NEVER WILL.

The 'D' word, the 'C' word, the lack of 'E' word and many other words are not in Thai language, so to speak. Thais prefer vowels.

Try to reconcile your wishes with what can be. Tnan maybe this General will not look so bad to you. Maybe even the 'D' word will be not so 'dirty'?

After all Democracy is not the only form of rule. And nobody proved it is the best form in any country.

When you have the 'D' and 'C' words entrenched for 2,557 years, when they ARE THE SYSTEM and it is somehow working - let it be!

No elections, no coups, no reforms can change the system from without. And in the absence of 'E' word you cannot change it from within.

It is a nice day outside. I am going out for a swim. Please, do not sink my boat. Wait till I die and then start a REVOLUTION...

Thanks.

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 1