Photos of Beach walkway chaos

thaibeachlovers

These pictures are still "soft" (athough it is a severe problem).

Go to Jomtien, boulevard along the beach between Pratamnak Soi 5 and Pattaya Park beach entrance.

A hole at least 10 meters long, 1 meter wide, 1 meter deep. It leaves about 20 cm width for pedestrians and cyclists.

several persons phoned Pattaya call center, nothing happens.

I see farang from View Talay cleaning up the mess from Thai, almost daily.

On beach road Jomtien I see a farang feeding the dogs, every day, no holiday.

They don't get any support from the city hall.

A disgrace!.

I saw that last week.

In fact, it is just down the beach a bit from where a building collapse occurred last year.

If you see the picture of what it looked like before the collapse ( in post 29 in the following thread from last year ) you can compare it to the extent of the collapse of that structure in the picture in post number 23. I think in the end they demolished the structure altogether.

The authorities just can't seem to keep up with these eventssad.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/676703-pavements-around-pattaya-are-in-a-terrible-state/page-2

Edited by Asiantravel

How long did it take you to trash the place before taking these photos?

Is this just more Thai bashing...could we not find trash...if we looked for it in every city in the world...?

You think Pattaya beach is bad...go to Cambodia...there is a large amount of garbage dumped most everywhere you look...

How long did it take you to trash the place before taking these photos?

Is this just more Thai bashing...could we not find trash...if we looked for it in every city in the world...?

You think Pattaya beach is bad...go to Cambodia...there is a large amount of garbage dumped most everywhere you look...

Why do you consider it to be “ Thai bashing “when the OP is merely providing evidence of what is obvious substandard construction in the first place and poor maintenance ?

And why are you even trying to justify these lax standards by attempting to compare pattaya with Cambodia?giggle.gif

Because I have come to love Thailand's substandard construction and poor maintenance?

• Like 1

If you are concerened about this crap, you are far too involved in the country. Its not your country, its the Thais country and you need to get on with your life, be it here or not be here. If you choose to stay here then get used to the shitty way things happen here.

• Like 1

Thank you for the (very sad) photos.

When I lived there I enjoyed my daily 7am walk along the beach path.

I read TVF when I feel like I might return, at least for a visit. The more I read the less likely it is that I will ever return.

sad.png

If you are concerned about this crap, you are far too involved in the country. Its not your country, its the Thais country and you need to get on with your life, be it here or not be here. If you choose to stay here then get used to the shitty way things happen here.

And THAT is the same attitude many of the Thais have, which in turn is murdering tourism.

If you are concerened about this crap, you are far too involved in the country. Its not your country, its the Thais country and you need to get on with your life, be it here or not be here. If you choose to stay here then get used to the shitty way things happen here.

It is not just the OP who will be concerned. Pattaya will be filling up with tourists as high season gets into full swing.

The scenes on beech road will not impress many.

The TAT had a meeting on 12th Nov on how to drive the Pattaya revival the result was they want high end tourists

beach road should be a focal point not an eyesore.

No explanations required. It's a disaster.

Disregard the rubbish in the first few photos. It was after some sort of mass function, and they were cleaning up the garbage as I was taking the photos.

However, the holes weren't made in a night and the sandbags appear to be permanent.

Who wouldn't want to save all year and take their family to such a place?

The TAT should use these photos to attract even higher quality tourists.

I walked up Second Rd a few days ago and had not been in town for a few weeks prior, so was unaware that things were so bad at the beach. Just weeks ago we did get some heavy rain, and there is a project to put 3 large drainage pipes in at the Beach Rd.

It really is an ugly mess that the town should be ashamed of at the start of high season. Sadly City Hall seems to be more focused on cancelling or postponing projects these days, (Jomtiem one-way system and the tunnel, for example).

It looked okay for a spell but the construction quality again could not handle mother nature...... which by the way was less than 'normal' rainfall.

After many many years I am certainly aware of the way things work here. However, the point is that many of us that know were criticizing the new walkway because it destroyed the existing, not very good but better than the new walkway, removed all the shade and removed most of the seating, only to be attacked by certain posters that said how wonderful it was going to be.

However, I haven't heard any of them coming on to contradict my last few threads about how it is rubbish now.

• Like 1

10 years ago, the beach walk used to be very pleasant with a little wall to sit on. Now there are (very few) seats and the place lost most appeal. One can barely see the beach or the sea through a wall of umbrellas. The umbrella and chair vendors must be behind it but I will never pay 50B to sit/lay in an uncomfortable beach chair when walking on beach rd.wub.png

Edited by Jimbolai
  • Like 2

At least there are no bodies or body parts laying around....

seriously though, i dont see people walking around in so i would guess these photos were taken very early in the morning prior to completion of garbage collection and general street cleaning. Sand bags are for the rains which should be over by now and will be moved. It sure does look ugly in the morning so perhaps Pattaya needs to start cleaning prior to sunrise.

The sand bags will not be moved. It looks like all the ones from last year are still around and have been supplemented by some new ones this year. It looks like that the population that frequents Beach Road is trying to reinstate the low retaining wall that was removed by the Beach Road improvement scheme. In some areas paving blocks are being used to build a wall just so people have somewhere to sit.

Some of the repairs to the major subsidence have been carried out. The washed out sand foundations have been reinstated ready to be washed out the next time it rains.

After many many years I am certainly aware of the way things work here. However, the point is that many of us that know were criticizing the new walkway because it destroyed the existing, not very good but better than the new walkway, removed all the shade and removed most of the seating, only to be attacked by certain posters that said how wonderful it was going to be.

However, I haven't heard any of them coming on to contradict my last few threads about how it is rubbish now.

OK, you are right and it's rubbish now.

Feel any better?

Pattaya is just perfect . Trashy beaches, trashy walkway, trashy girls, trashy tourists, trashy expats and trashy bars. It all fits perfectly together.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

It is pretty much the same all over Thailand. A sidewalk is used for business and construction in Thailand. You should walk in the road. Hah. You verses one ton of steel again and again. Thais have little sense of danger. For example riding Motorbikes without helmets and riding on top of loads or in the back of pickups.

As far as walking goes, you had better watch every single step. Luckily I worked on construction sites most of my life and i have good balance from skiing .

• Like 1