Lots of Help Today

seedy

Thankfully I have only broken down twice in 12 years here, both times along way from home and both times the first person to pass stopped and offered to help.

First time they gave me a lift home and second time, only last week, a guy gave me and my Honda CBR a push home riding his Honda Click.

• Like 2

One time a friend of mine wiped out not far in front of me. Within minutes we had loaded him, and the guy he hit, into a pickup and they were off to the hospital. Two guys came to my aid and we managed to drag his ninja out of the ditch where it ended up. After finding a safe parking place for the unridable bike, I was off to the hospital to see how things were going.

Fortunately no one was seriously injured and everyone concerned was very polite and respectful, including relatives and the police. I can’t imagine things could have been handled any better or more efficiently in any other country.
  • Like 1

There's still some decent folk,around. Few and far between but they're out there.

No, they're not few and far between... they're the norm if you get out of Bangkok and away from the tourist areas.

MrT,

You are preaching to the converted sir, I rarely visit tourist Thailand and I mostly live outside bangers, but only just.

I agree with your sentiments. :)

• Like 1

There's still some decent folk,around. Few and far between but they're out there.

That sort of thing is not unusual in Thailand, I have not experienced it with a brokendown vehicle or motorbike, but people I know have. If I had a breakdown far from home, I would not be too worried as I believe there are lots of Thai people who would help you in some way.

I would argue there are far more than one might expect after reading TV. At least that has been my experience.

It's having sex with them (people) that starts off the trouble.

I'm assuming OP didn't have sex with any of them as his gf was there at the time.

Most people (worldwide) are great until you hand them money or have sex with them.

Edited by BritManToo

I have encountered them too on my scooter it got flooded one time down and they pushed me back home.

Great people are everywhere i always try to help others with stuff f i can.

• Like 1

I don't know where you live , in my experience I have come across so many Thai people who go out of their way to help