I love Thailand because .........

geronimo

Thai bashers? really? or just reality checks?

Everywhere in the world has its plus's and minus's ....Some more plus's than minus's for some! I, for one, think Thailand is great even given all its minus's.

as I have made a fantastic live with my family.

Isn't that what life is about? family?

Some couldn't make a go of it and now in their bitterness can only speak of the negative....hey that's life....positive people and negative people and those of us who can deal with negatives and make positives out of them...

Oh well....just sayingwai2.gif

In my opinion, Thailand has got about 50% plus's and 50% minus's, most minus's to do with Immigration.

The UK about 15% plus's and 85% minus's.

I have friends ( couple) visiting from London. They wouldn't agree with you, however they are both are very successful. Uk bashing on here is as tedious as thai bashing..

The thing I love most about Thailand is the people, don't care what you say about them, I like them.

Most of the Thai people we read about on TVF are the nutters and the crims, compliments of the chronic Thai bashers. Then again nice people are not newsworthy.

And as far as UK bashing goes, most of the people doing this are from the UK themselves , so maybe you should tell your countrymen to zip it !

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everywhere in the world has its plus's and minus's ....Some more plus's than minus's for some! I, for one, think Thailand is great even given all its minus's.

Some couldn't make a go of it and now in their bitterness can only speak of the negative....hey that's life....positive people and negative people and those of us who can deal with negatives and make positives out of them...

In my opinion, Thailand has got about 50% plus's and 50% minus's, most minus's to do with Immigration.

I have friends ( couple) visiting from London. They wouldn't agree with you, however they are both are very successful. Uk bashing on here is as tedious as thai bashing..

The thing I love most about Thailand is the people, don't care what you say about them, I like them.

Most of the Thai people we read about on TVF are the nutters and the crims, compliments of the chronic Thai bashers. Then again nice people are not newsworthy.

And as far as UK bashing goes, most of the people doing this are from the UK themselves , so maybe you should tell your countrymen to zip it !

The biggest problem my countrymen have with Thai people is their low intelligence level, and where it is most common is, is on the roads, the statistics prove this.

As for about 90% of Thai people, they are very decent, honest and helpful.

Thai people don't care what you say about them??? Are you out of your mind?? You know hell of a lot about Thailand. Just say one negative word about anything in Thailand and you are the public enemy.

• Like 2

1. The people - the Thai people I know are friendly, humble and respectful (as I am to them).

2. The weather - sure, a little too hot at times but preferable to the cold winters in OZ.

3. The food - the delightful flavours and aromas of Thai cuisine, in my opinion, the best in the world.

4. The culture - the colours, the costumes, the temples and what I call the "inner peace" of the people.

5. The smiles - I don't know of any other big city that has the abundance of smiles that Bangkok has.

6. The freedom - the ability to life my life as I want, with little or no bureaucratic nonsense.

7. The lifestyle - sabai sabai, jai yen yen

8. The affordability - food, utilities, public transport so much cheaper here for me.

9. Oh, and of course.....It's not OZ!

Sure there are negatives.....but my glass is always half full! On the rare occasions I begin to feel a little down, I think of the alternative and that simply puts a smile on my face and brightens my day.wai.gif

• Like 1

agree with you again. but i think the correct answer for most is cheap booze, cheap girls , great place to hide if your a criminal, and most of all i can do ANYTHING i damn please.

I love Thailand because...

there is always enough going on to inspire the Thai bashers to stay home, at their keyboards complaining.

This way they are not out on the streets embarrassing the rest of us.

I honestly believe some people are just paid to generate more clicks on this site. This thread is an open invitation to start a meaningless argument between the two sides.

Some weird posters are telling how wonderful the people and the life in here. If you do live with Thais, rely on them, work with them or under their supervision, or if you speak their language properly then you can't say these things. The blinkered view of some of the posters is astonishing and shocking.

I am beginning to think its people who have come here and retired.With no real experiences of Thailand and Thais. Work environments, education system, the corruption , contracts, the courts. The way Thais ( rich or in positions of power )treat other Thais to me is quite shocking, very little respect in most cases.

There is a lot to appreciate here also, but primarily it all comes down to money. Live in a nice area, live around respectable folk etc...but that's the case anywhere..

If they so despised the uk why didn't they leave it when they were young..I moved here for an adventure at 21...found opportunities then..

• Like 1

For me it's the negatives of other countries that make me like Thailand. On balance, of all the countries I've been to (holidays aside), for full time living it's the best place I've found, so far... (Still got a lot to learn geographically though, I have to admit).

....this yhinly disguised diatribe, could apply to ANY country...

because . . .

The police and government officials are people of utmost integrity.

Concern for the environment takes precedent over making money.

Care for others, especially the less fortunate, is utmost in the hearts of the Thai people.

It's always easy to find quality, reliable workers no matter what the job.

It's the type of place you think of first when you are planning a vacation with the whole family.

Only caters to the highest quality tourist.

One of the safest places to vacation especially if you are considering road travel.

One can only think of Thailand as paradise on earth. thumbsup.gif

I love it because the Thai bashers can always find a way to turn it around.

Oh god, where do I even begin! Let's just say, to me it's the best country in the world!

Do you live here? If so, where?

I think anybody stating positive or negative things in this thread should also state whether they live or holiday here, and which part of Thailand they stay. I'm sure it's make a huge difference.

I love Thailand because,

The pretty girls are really cheap.

They may charge differently for extracurricular activities as opposed to their counterparts in your country but characterising them as 'cheap' is a superficial and shallow observation, to say the least.

Whoever said "because I take Thailand as it is, not what it was like back home" is pretty well spot on in my view.

Far to many "farangs" living here who want the "thai lifestyle" but complain like hell that "it is not like home", but won't go home.

How does the saying go"You can't always have your cake & eat it to"

Well, after 20 odd years I am still eating the cake

• Like 1

The cost of living, standard of life, weather and opportunity for fun are magnitudes greater in Thailand than in my home country.

The only thing I miss about where I'm from are friends and family, I miss absolutely nothing about the place itself. Well perhaps the opportunity to regularly see great comedians and musicians playing live, but I can get over that.

There is usually fun around the corner.
Thai girls are full of surprises.
Thais have a sense of humour, a sense of the ridiculous, and make funny puns. The girls, despite their lack of formal education are very bright.
Their entertainment zones are the best in the world.
It is virtually impossible to get ripped off here unless you are a total <deleted> and deserve it.
The women are strong but feminine.
The Thais have a strong sense of cultural identity; food, textiles, music, dance.
Street crime is rare.
Service is good.
Thais are efficient and hard working.
Thais love their freedom.

• Like 1

The wats. The countryside. The smiles.

Was the omission of the 'T' intentionally?
I doubt it. The writer was referring to 'A Wat' which is a Thai word for a temple.

Well you learn something everyday, do you do humour in your house?

Went over his head I think.

• Like 1

I doubt it. The writer was referring to 'A Wat' which is a Thai word for a temple.

But not in yours apparently. But keep up the efforts.

Next time I will put a 'LOL', just for you

Oh god, where do I even begin! Let's just say, to me it's the best country in the world!

Do you live here? If so, where?

I think anybody stating positive or negative things in this thread should also state whether they live or holiday here, and which part of Thailand they stay. I'm sure it's make a huge difference.

I moved back to Germany 9 months ago after having lived in BKK, Chonburi and Korat for 10 years and 5 months, and not a day has passed I haven't been thinking about Thailand one way or another since I left. Needless to say, I miss that place and I'll be back!

• Like 1