Former CIB chief demands 3-5 million baht each from officers wanting promotions

webfact

So finally they discovered what was a well known public secret for a few decades already.

Really? Are you saying that Chalerm, Tharit and Thaksin knew about this for over 10 years??

I knew that police had to pay for promotions for almost 10 years, if the three of them didn't then they had their head under a rock.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which means it is fair to assume that each and every officer that has ever been promoted by the former CIB chief is corrupt, as it is unlikely they would otherwise have 5 million baht to pay for a promotion. As I assume promotions are recorded somewhere, those investigating this should now have a list of suspects to investigate.

Sounds that if they have to clean up the army and the police force,,,,there would be no one left and Prime Minister Prayuth would have to start from scratch, hiring NEW BLOOD.

Seriously makes one feel like puking.

These truly are a dreadful type of person.

When we see the poverty on the streets of what they fondly think of as a 'modern' city, and then these cockroaches extract almost the very blood of others, we should thank God we are not like them.

• Like 1

The military do exactly the same thing. How much money has the dear leader made through this scheme? The brother in law is a captain in the army and he if he wants further promotion it will cost him. Dear leader must have paid a small fortune to get to the top but making millions now he is top of the food chain.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This has been the system for the past 1XXX years and probably will be for the next 1XXX years too! This is nothing more than a witch hunt.

You say it's nothing more than a witchhunt.

So can we presume you mean that these 'gentlemen should be allowed to just 'get on with it'

because to target them is unfair?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The military do exactly the same thing. How much money has the dear leader made through this scheme? The brother in law is a captain in the army and he if he wants further promotion it will cost him. Dear leader must have paid a small fortune to get to the top but making millions now he is top of the food chain.

You can't resist.

• Like 1

Which means it is fair to assume that each and every officer that has ever been promoted by the former CIB chief is corrupt, as it is unlikely they would otherwise have 5 million baht to pay for a promotion. As I assume promotions are recorded somewhere, those investigating this should now have a list of suspects to investigate.

Sounds that if they have to clean up the army and the police force,,,,there would be no one left and Prime Minister Prayuth would have to start from scratch, hiring NEW BLOOD.
No the PM is part of the cycle, he would have paid his way up and received payments along the way. He also would have to be charged and imprisoned.

It would be great if General Prayut hired a forensic accounting team, and worked out

where all that money came from. Oh guess that will not be happening.....

This does not exist in this country. Should such a team ever be set up it would emasculated and intimidated to an end ASAP.

Am a bit surprised by the LM accusations being leveled. It would appear that these

guys were all about money, why would they rock the boat with LM statements ??

Maybe in a corrupt country, corruption charges do not really stick. If you want

to put someone away for a long time, throw in a few LM charges...

Bingo. Do you think anybody wants these guys to talk?

You can't resist.

what?

Oh sorry is the Army and dear leader squeaky clean and this only occurs in Thaksin police force? My appologies to suggest corruption within the ranks of a junta.

• Like 1

So finally they discovered what was a well known public secret for a few decades already.

Really? Are you saying that Chalerm, Tharit and Thaksin knew about this for over 10 years??

This is standard in Thailand for "promotion", not just police, but military and many other professions. Buying jobs to get in the position to get the money from those wanting to move up the ladder.

Chances are many of those currently in power got to their senior ranks by this means.

It's just mafia... almost every part of government office here seems to be run like a mafia organisation.

it's a shame really. In Western countries if people break the law and receive a fine, that money goes back into the government coffers and gets put back into schools, hospitals, roads, infrastructure etc. Over here, that fine for the most part just gets split up between the police and other officials.

Thailand would be such a better place if this didn't happen. It's a wonder that the general Thai population don't see this ??

Well many in the Thai general population do know about this and 99% are very careful what they say and where they say it, because they are frightened of the consequences.

The current gossip in our moo ban is when the neighbor (he's a regional top police official) will be marched out.

He has a personal staff of 12 (they are civilians), they have no specific business, just his 'personal staff'. Most of the time 7 or 8 police vehicles parked outside his house, mostly driven by the personal staff. Luxury police car used by the wife for shopping etc.

This has been the village / neighbourhood gossip for years but nobody would dare say anything, they are all frightened of this guy, his wife, and 'the staff.

• Like 1

Am a bit surprised by the LM accusations being leveled. It would appear that these

Yes, confused me a bit too - I'm wondering if the LM charges relate to actions rather than actual statements.

It might be alleged that as the culprits are the top brass in the Royal Thai Police, then any illegal actions that they take on behalf of their service could be seen to be bringing the Royal Family into disrepute perhaps?

Interesting to see the details when they emerge................

• Like 1

Yes, confused me a bit too - I'm wondering if the LM charges relate to actions rather than actual statements.

It might be alleged that as the culprits are the top brass in the Royal Thai Police, then any illegal actions that they take on behalf of their service could be seen to be bringing the Royal Family into disrepute perhaps?

Interesting to see the details when they emerge................

Haha I have thought that for many years here, that appending the word Royal in front of the words Thai Police is the ultimate case of LM. But I guess people here just got used to it....

• Like 1

why so many negative posts? Its great news that some effort is being made against police cdorruption. But I guess there are people on this forum who have nothing better to do except make negative comments about everything.

• Like 2

Just occurred to be why the little guy collects the money from the road side checkpoints. He's saving for his promotion so he can buy his way to the next higher level on the pyramid.

In most countries, a Pyramid Scheme would be considered illegal and suspect to punishment. But TiT, all is fair game.

By the way, I do appreciate the little guy who lets offenders pay their way out of very small problems. I just wish the drunk drivers, Ferrari killers, long term vacationers avoiding arrest and such would be allowed to rot in jail.

If my comments are offensive to anyone, apologies in advance. Wait, Actually I'm joking about the apology portion of my comment.

• Like 1