Ducati rider dies in Bangkok after speeding into disabled truck

webfact

Ducati rider dies after speeding into disabled truck
By Coconuts Bangkok

ducati899panigale.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A man speeding along a prohibited stretch of road on a Ducati motorcycle died after crashing into a stopped vehicle Monday.

Sakdipong Wimolpan was speeding down an elevated section in the Bangkok Noi district forbidden to two-wheeled vehicles when police said he plowed into the back of a disabled pickup truck which was flashing its hazard lights, according to Bangkok Post.

It was the second time this month a motorcyclist died while riding illegally. A 46-year-old security guard fell to his death from the Don Muang Tollway on Nov. 2 after crashing his motorcycle into a barrier.

Investigators said the absence of tire marks on Boromratchonnanee Road suggest Sakdipong was unaware of the vehicle and struck it at full speed. He died instantly.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/25/ducati-rider-dies-after-speeding-disabled-truck

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-25

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no need to mention Ducati. Do they want to say that big bikes drivers are fast and reckless?

even an old bike or a scooter would have the same fate if they aren't careful enough when driving.

im just driving along Sois of Bangkok and yet I'm always 'dressed for war' on the road of Bangkok.

RIP to that guy and my sympathy to his loved ones.

I'm a rider and learned fast the perils of a big bike. Just because you have power doesn't mean you are supposed to always use it. I ride more cautiously on my er6 than I did on my mio. A long empty stretch of freeway or twisties is a good place to open up, in traffic weaving between cars not so much. I rather wait behind a bus while scooters fly by in the nooks and crannies next to me (wishing I was on a country road instead of Bangkok traffic) than finding myself lodged under one or slamming into an uncautions driver not expecting me and my pony to come weaving at full speed.

• Like 1

I live alongside Boromratchonnanee Road...at precisely 11pm each night (you can almost set your clock to it)...a swarm of large bikes..with riders hammering the hell out of them...travelling my guess at well in excess of 100kph...scream along the road...full throttle.

I have often wondered how long it would be before one of these lads was killed

R.I.P to the rider

Sakdipong Wimolpan was speeding down an elevated section in the Bangkok Noi district forbidden to two-wheeled vehicles when police said he plowed into the back of a disabled pickup truck which was flashing its hazard lights, according to Bangkok Post.

Usually they put a tree branch behind the disabled vehicle to warn others.. Wondering if they remembered to do so this time, otherwise that's a criminal neglect :>

Edited by kotsak

no need to mention Ducati. Do they want to say that big bikes drivers are fast and reckless?

even an old bike or a scooter would have the same fate if they aren't careful enough when driving.

im just driving along Sois of Bangkok and yet I'm always 'dressed for war' on the road of Bangkok.

RIP to that guy and my sympathy to his loved ones.

RIP to him? Why? He was a complete fool with no regard to the law and more importantly no regard for his 'loved ones'.

He deserved to get caught out by his own stupidity, inability to ride a 'big' bike and his self-centred attitude.

• Like 1

I understand that straddling these powerful big bikes emboldens riders to feel like moto-racing champions and throw caution to the wind.

Whether it is haphazard or reckless depends on the individual's understanding of the limits of one's skill and control over his ego.