Five more arrests in expanding Thai police graft probe

webfact

One of Sutherp's demands and aims, when he was fighting to topple the Siwanatra clan was to reform the police.

This administration is following his footsteps.

I would like to congratulate them and wish them to keep up the good work.

History will remember you and your good deeds.

Yeah sure, fighting corruption with corruption!!

btw. A google-search of your hero, Suthep+corruption, gave 167.000 results!!

menstrual dear ..get over yourself..move on if poss

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And AFP strikes again:

"May's coup was the latest chapter in Thailand's long-running political conflict, which broadly pits a Bangkok-based middle class and royalist elite, backed by parts of the military and judiciary, against rural and working-class voters loyal to Thaksin."

Way less then balanced comment.

You are not wrong.

it can be seen why there has been trouble in the past when clowns like this continue to report in such a manner as to continue in certain parties endeavours to divide the people of this nation.

One of Sutherp's demands and aims, when he was fighting to topple the Siwanatra clan was to reform the police.

Yeah sure, fighting corruption with corruption!!

btw. A google-search of your hero, Suthep+corruption, gave 167.000 results!!

A bold statement. You must have a lot of inside information to enable you to comment in this manner. If you don't then why do you make such a statement that I believe you would have trouble proving. Shooting from the hip without any substance just to sensationalise your opinion?

Not all police are corrupt and given what has occurred these guys are doing a bloody good job. Wait for more to fall but then again, you will find another negative comment to post in order to maintain your rage. I would really like to know why you and many others on TVF want to tar everyone with the same brush?

I hope they have enough inactive posts for all these people. As long as they are not in jail, I do not believe something will change.

Don't forget to confiscate all their assets like money, bank accounts, houses, condo's, cars, land etc. etc.

As far as I can see no inactive posts, they have been dismissed and apparently some have been imprisoned and assets confiscated. Oh, must not forget, one suicided so he is quite inactive.

Edited by Si Thea01

This probe is getting worrisome. :)

Afraid if they poke around too much, Thailand will be left without a police force!!

Left without a police force or an army....

The cost of living has risen here in thailand, now many business' have double the protection money they need to cover.....

Who will be left to investigate?

Where is the core of the country?

What in fact is the constitution here?

Looks to me like a land mass inhabited by pirates......

And AFP strikes again:

"May's coup was the latest chapter in Thailand's long-running political conflict, which broadly pits a Bangkok-based middle class and royalist elite, backed by parts of the military and judiciary, against rural and working-class voters loyal to Thaksin."

Personally I thin it is a pretty accurate reflection of the situation....'broadly' as it says.

How many of those arrested in the new police corruption scandal are not friendly with the former Taksin government? This is looking more like a political purge than real reform.

So you think the former Thaksin government was a good one, working on democratical rules and being not corrupt, helping the people in the first line, not themselves only?.

If so you were right, it would look like a purging

if not it is a real purging which means going for the bad guys (corrupt, thiefs, cronies, you name it)

this is one of the good things that the Junta is doing I don't know many Thais who think the police do a good job.

However anyone who thinks the Miltary are whiter than white squeaky clean and are free from corruption need to take a serious reality check.

Who checks the checkers?

meaning?

So you reckon that's what's going on? It's an anti-corruption drive, starting near the top, totally upsetting the status quo? Nothing else behind it? Read Jonathan Head's latest little essay on the subject from a couple of days ago.

Jonathon Head - a somewhat less than unbiased commentator.

He did those lovely cozy supporting interviews with Yingluck; and who can forget his nauseating report on his visit to red village land.

• Like 2

Only the most cowardly hide behind religion...guess where Suthep is now...shaved his coconut and disappeared into the Sangha for "protection".

• Like 1

Only the most cowardly hide behind religion...guess where Suthep is now...shaved his coconut and disappeared into the Sangha for "protection".

If you saw the energy he put into that group to assist in getting rid of the the corrupt government with heavily armed associates that caused Injurys and deaths to innocent citizens he did it the for good of country he deserves a noble peace prize and calling him a coward is very disrespectful I for one am very happy to see him a peaceful environment now.
  • Like 2

Just a warning note. We are still under restrictions imposed by the government. So please be careful with posts critical of the government.

And of course, no discussion of the monarchy in a political context. Which has always been the case. Unfortunately, violators of this could face an immediate and permanent suspension.

We hope you understand and abide by our new forum rules.

wai2.gif

This probe is getting worrisome. smile.png

Afraid if they poke around too much, Thailand will be left without a police force!!

Who would notice the difference??rolleyes.gif

On the contrary, I think we would notice a great improvement. Not only would unnecessary traffic slowdowns stop, but people would have more money to spend on real goods. Every day on Bangna-Trad there is a truck check point just past the exit across from Central and another check point on the side road. The traffic is F-ed up everyday as these clowns stand in the road and point at the trucks and make them pull over. Don't know what they are checking for but it definitely is not to make sure the trucks running lights are working (every night I see several trucks with broken tail lights).

So you reckon that's what's going on? It's an anti-corruption drive, starting near the top, totally upsetting the status quo? Nothing else behind it? Read Jonathan Head's latest little essay on the subject from a couple of days ago.

Jonathon Head - a somewhat less than unbiased commentator.

He did those lovely cozy supporting interviews with Yingluck; and who can forget his nauseating report on his visit to red village land.

A little difficult to be as open as one would like given the whole corrupt mess of this place and the laws put in place to protect the corrupt people. The guy lives here I imagine so is subject to those laws.

One doesn't have to look far to see the wealth of the coup leaders, and looking just a little harder, there certainly appear to be links to corruption and mafias. All the drama and shake ups currently going on seems to be just to adjust who is in control of the flow of money. The reds, yellows, or any other group did not make out any better with the recent developments, and it feels like Thailand is just getting deeper into being a mafia-controlled state.

• Like 1

Please read the following very carefully:

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Those comments can be found here: NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS

Also as per forum rule 1:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to or referencing external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Please read the following very carefully:

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Those comments can be found here: NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS

Also as per forum rule 1:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to or even referencing external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

This is not a fight against corruption, this is a fight for ultimate power.

We are witnessing history in the making.

It will end up bloody and violent.

If anyone doubts how high the stakes are, just take a look at the BBC web site this morning,

Why do you think it will end up violent? Aren't the main actors aligning on the same side now?

And AFP strikes again:

No my friend, this time AFP is actually spot on!!

I know an awful lot of poor Thais who loathed Taksin, both in the North and the South.

One of the leading men has not even entered the arena as yet.

This is not a fight against corruption, this is a fight for ultimate power.

We are witnessing history in the making.

It will end up bloody and violent.

If anyone doubts how high the stakes are, just take a look at the BBC web site this morning,

Why do you think it will end up violent? Aren't the main actors aligning on the same side now?