Thai Military units to be opened for sale of cheap goods and 'freebies'

webfact

Military units to be opened for sale of cheap goods and 'freebies'
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday he would open all military units in Bangkok and encourage business operators to hand out "freebies" to the public in the New Year.

Business operators and any interested people would be asked to sell cheap consumer goods or second-hand products like at garage sales, he said.

"The freebie items will be stamped 'not for sale' to prevent them from being resold," Prayut said.

He said the move was about helping and sharing for the public, which was in line with the King's Sufficiency Economy philosophy.

He was speaking at an event to present awards to industrialists.

Hitting back

Meanwhile, the PM hit back at reporters asking him if he wasn't too dictatorial.

"What dictatorship? Dictatorship is about seizing power and business interests and leaders amassing assets for self-interest.

"Have I done that? I have not gained a dime but I must face these questions and feel frustrated,'' he said.

Asked what he thought of former prime minister Anand Panyarachun's recent remark voicing concern about corruption, Prayut said that Anand was a respected senior figure who was making a proposal.

"If there is corruption, pinpoint where it is and pinpoint exactly who is corrupt, [so we] find out," he said.

Asked if the May 22 takeover would be the country's last coup, Prayut said do not pay attention to coups.

"Think how to prevent the country from falling into anarchy. If there is no problem, there is no reason for us to intervene to solve the problem," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Military-units-to-be-opened-for-sale-of-cheap-good-30248643.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-27

"If there is corruption, pinpoint where it is and pinpoint exactly who is corrupt, [so we] find out," he said.

..........................here's a tip, they generally wear brown or work in a govt office................................

• Like 1

Would the white elephant Air craft carrier and that useless airship balloon will be available for sale cheap or a freebee?

I tell you, sometimes I read these pages and I'm thinking I'm in la-la land... and that new PM is no

no different.. but hey, there might be a method to their madness yet....

Military units to be opened for sale of cheap goods and 'freebies'

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday he would open all military units in Bangkok and encourage business operators to hand out "freebies" to the public in the New Year.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-11-27

Sorry, dear PM aka former general,... But the man in Dubai has much more to offer,...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MaxLee

..........................here's a tip, they generally wear brown or work in a govt office................................

In order for any person to be able to make any specific accusations against any other person, it would first require the liable laws to be revised

So long as the laws stay as they are, any such disclosure or accusation of any specific wealthy person would result in an immediate filing of a lawsuit against that person.

Who would then face both criminal and civil charges and in the proceedings, the burden would be on them to prove the comments made are truthful and that there was an overwhelming needs to disclose.

In other countries, their would not be any criminal charges possible and the burden would be on the person filing the case to prove that the things said were false.

Also truth would be an absolute defense to any claim.... But in Thailand, even if the defendant can prove that the comments are true... It still does not mean that the defendant will win...

Thai Military units to be opened for sale of cheap goods and 'freebies'

a military unit is for example: platoon, company. battalion, brigade, regiment

Now, the PM is 'opening' all these units in Bkk to sell what? Their 'stuff'? Somebody else's stuff? Does 'opening' refer to a place to sell stuff? Then he should have said 'barracks' or 'compounds' and not 'military units'..., but he should know that as a former CiC.

"What dictatorship?

Dictatorship is a form of government where political authority is monopolized by a single person or political entity, and exercised through various oppressive mechanisms. A dictatorship is a type of authoritarianism, in which politicians regulate nearly every aspect of the public and private behavior of normal people.

• Like 1

I would trust the PM more if he looks at his own house and finds out who benefited from the GT2000 procurement and from the aircraft carrier purchase.
  • Like 1

In his challenge to TAT's dumb idea of the day Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday he would open all military units in Bangkok and encourage business operators to hand out "freebies" to the public in the New Year".

"What dictatorship? Dictatorship is about seizing power and business interests and leaders amassing assets for self-interest." and not seizing power and making yourself prime minister

Asked if the May 22 takeover would be the country's last coup, Prayut said "do not pay attention to coups" - between hiccups as he staggered about clenching a bottle of lao khao

"If there is corruption" I'm the fairy god mother

If any further evidence was needed to show that the plot has been well and truly lost.....And to think that he was in command of all those shooty bangy things

Edited by grumbleweed

Errrr handing out freebies is an act of bribery it's no worse than vote buying !!

Thainess gets more bizzare every day!!!

Classic PsyOps start handing out freebies to the population to win their hearts and minds, they used to hand out sweets and gifts to the kids in Iraq and Afghaniatan till the insurgents started targeting the kids.

You try handing out sweets and gifts to kids anywhere else outside of the Mil and you'd be locked up as a sick Paedo, I never understood why it was acceptable for the Mil to do it ?

Opening up Military units for sale of goods?

Isn't this giving away their budgets ? Or a case of getting rid of all the items they "acquired" through other means that were less than appropriate ?

Edited by Fat Haggis

Dictatorship is a form of government where political authority is monopolized by a single person or political entity, and exercised through various oppressive mechanisms. A dictatorship is a type of authoritarianism, in which politicians regulate nearly every aspect of the public and private behavior of normal people.

So technically it does not apply in the case of LOS.

Fantastic -great idea make struggling business owners give their S@#t away -

I like that one .

Psychology students would have loved his observations on coups and his self image -

He is certainly an interesting guy.

Hearts and Minds, Thai style :)