Four Injured In Explosion On Bangkok Bus

george

It is funny that certain people always think about Muslims when something like this happens. The Muslims are the replacemnet of the Soviet Union. If there is something wrong or israel or the US need a pretext to commit war crimes, blame it on the Muslims like before on the soviet union.

Well, maybe there's a reason for that--that being, it's usually muslim extremists who are strapping bombs on themselves and blowing themselves up--all in the name of Allah. Ever hear of a suicide bomber?

Or are you going to try to tell us that they don't exist? :o

Have you ever heard of a Kamikaze pilot? I suppose that you would like to tell that they were Japanese Muslims?

I can assure you that if a 'suicide bomber' had the access to the same kind of weapons that the US/ Israel/UK hold, he wouldn't be blowing himself up. He would be executing 'targetted and precision airstrikes' and if there was 'collateral damage'.... oh well, it's war.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about time, that they would bring the attacks to Bangkok. It is softer target, than all of you "I have lived in Thailand for 20 years" brain dead, run away from home expats think. It has a higher threat level than most cities in the USA does. Based on the the UN report on Region Security the "LOS" ranked 8 in the world for intentional homicide and 3 in the world for homicide with a firearm. But most of the expats you talk to say not in beautiful Thailand would all these things happen. Well they don't happen when you live in big money apartment , go to work in your flash car driven by your driver and are amazed at how the rest of are nothing but sex tourists. Well I hope this is just the start of an eye opener for them and the Thai government who insists on hiding everything from the farang that is bad for its image. Stay tuned.

Its about time, that they would bring the attacks to Bangkok. It is softer target, than all of you "I have lived in Thailand for 20 years" brain dead, run away from home expats think. It has a higher threat level than most cities in the USA does. Based on the the UN report on Region Security the "LOS" ranked 8 in the world for intentional homicide and 3 in the world for homicide with a firearm. But most of the expats you talk to say not in beautiful Thailand would all these things happen. Well they don't happen when you live in big money apartment , go to work in your flash car driven by your driver and are amazed at how the rest of are nothing but sex tourists. Well I hope this is just the start of an eye opener for them and the Thai government who insists on hiding everything from the farang that is bad for its image. Stay tuned.

Don't ya just hate it when your brain farts. The above being a prime example of the mess it can make.

Tech school students, who have been planting or tossing homemade bombs on BKK buses since the 1970s. When I lived in Thonburi in the late 70s the bomb frequency climbed so high one year I stopped riding buses altogether for a few months--several were detonated on bus route 21, a route I used almost daily.

Jesus, where to start? Please define "they". Do you mean the people down south? Muslims? Gangsters? I drive, on my motorcycle, thru a Muslim community everyday on my way to work (no, not in the south). I'm a blond, blue eyed American. They don't throw bombs or shoot at me. They smile and wave and say good morning.

Second, you might try going back thru some of the posts on the thousands of topics and reading what us "brain dead" people have had to say about violence of all kinds here in Thailand. We're concerned for not only our well being, but the well being of our families (I have an 14 year old Thai daughter- you don't think I'm not concerned about guns, drugs, drunk drivers, etc in this country?). Then maybe you could make an intelligent comment or two.

Third, how do you know that we live in big money apartments and have drivers? You don't.

Finally, did you even read the comments on this post about how its more than likely teenagers doing something stupid and has nothing to do with terrorists?

It is funny that certain people always think about Muslims when something like this happens. The Muslims are the replacemnet of the Soviet Union. If there is something wrong or israel or the US need a pretext to commit war crimes, blame it on the Muslims like before on the soviet union.

Well, maybe there's a reason for that--that being, it's usually muslim extremists who are strapping bombs on themselves and blowing themselves up--all in the name of Allah. Ever hear of a suicide bomber?

Or are you going to try to tell us that they don't exist? :o

Actually, Deminister's view on this is the one that fits the situation best. Any automaitc reaction without proof is simply stereotyping and racist. Of the 10 million or so that live in Bangkok, how many are potentially suicide bombers? We have other parts of the world where the number seems to be in the thousands. I have never known a single person who I actually imagined could possibly be a suicide bomber.

As the driver said teenagers. It is funny that certain people always think about Muslims when something like this happens. The Muslims are the replacemnet of the Soviet Union. If there is something wrong or israel or the US need a pretext to commit war crimes, blame it on the Muslims like before on the soviet union.

Has it started...???

Could be difficult times ahead. Hopefully it's just kids messing about!

you are right...with all the violence in the world and agression...who in their right mind would ever come to the first thought that it might be islamic or terrorists generated...only someone in there right mind without their head stuck in the sand!!!!!!!!!!! Good news and bad news...the liberals and media of the world will be the first to go when the islamofacious win...bad news is that they will have already won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the driver said teenagers. It is funny that certain people always think about Muslims when something like this happens. The Muslims are the replacemnet of the Soviet Union. If there is something wrong or israel or the US need a pretext to commit war crimes, blame it on the Muslims like before on the soviet union.

Has it started...???

you are right...with all the violence in the world and agression...who in their right mind would ever come to the first thought that it might be islamic or terrorists generated...only someone in there right mind without their head stuck in the sand!!!!!!!!!!! Good news and bad news...the liberals and media of the world will be the first to go when the islamofacious win...bad news is that they will have already won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many of the panic-reaction posts to this topic remind me of Chicken Little spreading the news around the farm that the sky is falling. So far there is no evidence to connect this apparently home-made bomb with any group. And even if it does turn out that this was a politically motivated action, surely the most appropriate response would be to ask questions such as why does this group feel driven to such a desperate action...? I also despise the way that many expats simply fear for their own miserable skins...it's soooo selfish.

Aren't there enough ambitious people in T.R.T for Thaksin to feel that his life could be threatended? I mean Thaksin continuing to head the party puts the whole party at risk and I'm sure there are those within the party who would like to have Thaksin put the party before himself. If the people reject Thaksin they reject the party and the party becomes a political dead weight.

So will Thaksin still head north in the morning?

I suspect if it were a political statement of sorts it would be on a bus that goes past the Government house.

Felt a slight draught in the door?

B T G T T-Shirt

It's not gonna change we've all got agendas..............

"Worked" various with various "artists'

Safe European Home....composed Joe strummer "THE CLASH"

"Do the right thing" Or get off the boat.

ummmm NOTHING has started ... just another random act of violence! Happens everywhere in the world. Thankfully nobody was killed!

right on...NOTHING has happened ...So all the scare-mongering Chicken Littles can go back home to their bird-flu free jangwat with their tail feathers between their legs...It is indeed fortunate that no-one was killed :o

This sort of thing is actualy more common than many of you realise, There have been a number of small home made explosive devices set off in Bangkok over the past few months and it is generaly accepted that it is teenages messing around.

They often set them off at music festivals in the North of the country too.

If you read the Thai press you will see that this is not a new thing it just so happens Thaivisa does not report most of them.

I wasn't aware of this practice. Bloody stupid, even for teenagers. In most other countries, teens are joining gangs and getting into shootouts with each other over turf and girls. And usually they only kill each other.

Four injured in explosion on Bangkok bus

BANGKOK: -- Four passengers were injured when a homemade bomb exploded on a Bangkok bus Saturday night.

The time bomb detonated by a clock exploded on Bus No 95 at 10:40 am.

The bus was having about 20 passengers and had left Happy Land Market heading to Bang Khen when the explosion occurred when it was in front of Bang Toey Temple near Soi Navamin 101..

Three passengers were slightly injured were discharged from the Lard Prao Hospital after treatments.

The other passenger suffered cuts on the left leg and suffered back injury from the blast impact. He was discharged after treatment.

The bus driver, Jittakorn Prajonghat, 32, told police that the bomb might be planted by four teenagers who got off the bus just a stop before the bomb exploded.

Who wrote this report? The driver!!??

--The Nation 2006-08-06

Of course people speculate about Muslims whenever there's a bombing --- because Muslims have been involved in a relentless stream of such events recently. If the Muslim community demonstrated a more vocal and genuine outrage over the terrorist events done in their names, instead of saying stuff like "Oh, that's a terrible thing but you know the terrorists had great provocation" --- then we'd be less inclined to such speculation.

Incidently, your statements about Israel, the US, the former Soviet Union and special victimhood status for the Islamic world make it clear that reasoned discourse is not your metier. This message is not directed at you deminister, but at the rational people on this list.

People inclined to foaming rants: please keep the drivel to yourselves.

Thanks

CB

Has it started...???

I must admit, when I read of a bomb on a bus in BKK, I didn't immediately think it was Muslims. As I read through this string, I think that the varying views are just normal. Those who would simply conclude that it could only be Muslims who plants bombs; well, they could be excused for this. All we hear about is how, in the name of Allah (and freedom and liberty) the lastest bombing was a Muslims attack. The exposure that we have to the negative effects of these extremist views, dictactes that this would be some peoeple's first thought. I'm sure, were you to ask any non suicidal/homocidal muslim, they would agree that Allah did not actual preach that killing innocent people was any way for a good Muslim to live. In fact, I believe that Allah condemns the killing of non combatants. I am sure that it is not far form these Muslims' minds, when they hear of a bombing, that it could be Musilm extremists.

As for the present situation in Isreal; it's a war of generational and religous hatred. In 1948 Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon and Iraq attacked the new state of Israel. This is recognised as the beginning of this present conflicts. The Arab nations refused to recognise the state of Israel, so the obvious thing to do was to destroy them??!! Ultimately, what we are forgetting is that innocent people are dying, on both sides, because of the greed, pride and anger of two armies. It is a definate stretch to justify this amount of killing under any circumstances. Whilst there is hate there cannot be peace; unfortunately, there are a few extremist Muslims who, generation after generation, make it there life's work to perpetuate hatred as a way of life. At the end of the day, Israel has a government and an army that wants to protect it's way of life. Who has the right to disrupt of destroy that way of life. Terrorism is designed for just this purpose. If we hear the term 'suicide bomber' do we think, I wonder if they were Muslims or Jews? Do we think there is a possibility that they could have been Buddhist, Christian, Animist or Hindu? Why is that? Ultimately, an argument can be made for every side but the solution is never murder; both the Jews and the Muslims are, effectively, murdering there own people and this will only breed more hatred for generations to come.

Hard to believe that a bomb with a timed delay was made by kids. They are lucky the bomb wasn't packed with more explosives.

Having lived on an Israeli Kibbutz for ten years, now in my second year working in Iraq, my bets are on another salvo towards WWIII................Islam against the world

If the Muslim community demonstrated a more vocal and genuine outrage over the terrorist events done in their names, instead of saying stuff like "Oh, that's a terrible thing but you know the terrorists had great provocation" --- then we'd be less inclined to such speculation.

What???

You mean like this:

post-11781-1154898812_thumb.jpg

‘Improvised’ bomb used in attack on BMTA bus

The commander of Division Four of the metropolitan police said yesterday that the police will do their best to investigate the bombing of a Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) joint bus on Saturday night.

At 10:40pm on Saturday, Lat Phrao police received a report of an explosion on the number 95 bus, which was then parked in front of Bang Toey temple on Kaset-Nawamin Road.

After investigating the bus, scattered pieces of an alarm clock, plaster and plastic bags were found around the rear seats.

According to the 32-year-old driver, Jitrakorn Banjonghat, the bus, with about 20 on board, had just left Happy Land Market and was heading to Bang Khen when he heard three blasts. When he turned and saw passengers were hurt, he called the police.

Somnuek Nakwichit, 23, who was wounded in both legs, was sent to Lat Phrao hospital along with three other passengers. Other riders suffered minor cuts and bruises.

The driver revealed that he saw four suspicious-looking teenage men get on the bus at Happy Land Market and off at the next stop.

Division 4 Commander Maj Gen Wittaya Kosiyasathit described the bomb as an improvised explosive device detonated by a clock, which was set to explode at 10.40pm. He said it was likely that the bombers only wanted to threaten those on the bus.

“At the moment, we are looking into several motives as it might be related to the current conflict between the BMTA buses and joint buses, or a personal conflict with the bus driver. We are doing our best to unwind the case,” said the commander.

ThaiDay

I hope that cooler heads can prevail on this thread. I think people have the right to express their thoughts, even if those thoughts may not be really very "thought-provoking." Thailand does have an insurgency in the South that is dominated by religious ideology--thus it's not completely out of line to suggest that certain religious groups could be involved.

Technical schools have a long history of conflict, therefore it's not unthinkable that it could disgruntled students.

Considering that the police are just as likely to make wild speculation on all kinds of things, I certainly see no problem in speculation being made on this site.

If this is not related to the problems in the southern province involving Muslim insugents, then we have been very fortunate. But it is just a matter of time before the terrorrist acts that are being carried out there will start to come to Bnagkok. And if you don't believe that then you have your head buried in the sand like the Thais, hoping it will go away.

Jesus, where to start? Please define "they". Do you mean the people down south? Muslims? Gangsters? I drive, on my motorcycle, thru a Muslim community everyday on my way to work (no, not in the south). I'm a blond, blue eyed American. They don't throw bombs or shoot at me. They smile and wave and say good morning.

Second, you might try going back thru some of the posts on the thousands of topics and reading what us "brain dead" people have had to say about violence of all kinds here in Thailand. We're concerned for not only our well being, but the well being of our families (I have an 14 year old Thai daughter- you don't think I'm not concerned about guns, drugs, drunk drivers, etc in this country?). Then maybe you could make an intelligent comment or two.

Third, how do you know that we live in big money apartments and have drivers? You don't.

Finally, did you even read the comments on this post about how its more than likely teenagers doing something stupid and has nothing to do with terrorists?

Touché :o Bravo, well done, spot on and all of that.

Don't you just love it when all expats are stereotyped? Yep, we're all here for sex... riiiiiight. Yep, we're all shielded from the bad stuff that happens here.... riiiiight.

Has it started...???

I don't remember the soviets getting blamed for any thing the reason why is because they did not do sh*t like that but radical muslims did like panam bombing over lockabe and world trade center (twin towers ) in New York City you all should be glad and thankful that I am not the President of the USA because troops with be on the ground in Lebanon and cyria as well as Iran would be taken out by our elite navy & air force pilots they statred this war and we will finish it what ever the cost will be the problem is europe has no balls especially french and sweeds as for sweeden they are biggest cowards on earth all they know is free love

AZNYRON

I don't remember the soviets getting blamed for any thing the reason why is because they did not do sh*t like that but radical muslims did like panam bombing over lockabe and world trade center (twin towers ) in New York City you all should be glad and thankful that I am not the President of the USA because troops with be on the ground in Lebanon and cyria as well as Iran would be taken out by our elite navy & air force pilots they statred this war and we will finish it what ever the cost will be the problem is europe has no balls especially french and sweeds as for sweeden they are biggest cowards on earth all they know is free love

Wow, that was quite a rant and perhaps the longest "sentence" I've seen in a long time. Perhaps even longer than the sentence given to Wassana o f the E.C.

Anyway, I am glad that you haven't managed to fill Dubya's shoes as things right now don't look good anywhere in the middle east. However if you were the president of the Yewessavay, you may have to deal with the likes of Rumsfeld & Cheney.

If the military was allowed to get on with the business of fighting the enemy to win, then maybe things would be different, but as long as the military is chained to Congress & businessmen-politicians, all your elite forces don't mean squat.

Evidence the Vietnam War, Somalia, Gulf War I, Gulf War II. Had Gen.Schwarzkopf been given a free hand in Gulf War I , then the Yewess troops would have been in Baghdad and Saddam would likely have been caught thus no need for Gulf War II.

However had it not been for the Americans, Europe under Hitler may have been a German speaking continent and part of the Third Reich. Had Patton had his way the Russians would have been driven back to Russia.

That's the end of my rant.

BTW I like swedes as long as they're cooked properly.

Edited by ratcatcher

I LOVE seeing the insane anti-muslim ramblings of our membership! Strange that having lived in 2 highly Muslim areas of Thailand so far that I don't think that way too ..... oh wait! It isn't strange ... I actually know and talk to Muslim people daily!

I LOVE seeing the insane anti-muslim ramblings of our membership! Strange that having lived in 2 highly Muslim areas of Thailand so far that I don't think that way too ..... oh wait! It isn't strange ... I actually know and talk to Muslim people daily!

Ah, a rational comment. Thank you! Somehow I lived through another day of my commute through the Muslim community. It was just like the other days- the school kids waved and giggled, the woman at the mini-store smiled and her husband said "Good morning, sir!". The guy in the funny hat at the gas station said "choppah (chopper) - very good!". Warm, friendly, humble people. What a shock.

If I lived my whole life judging generalized groups I would have to: avoid all American blacks because they must be either a crip or a blood. Anyone on a motorcycle bigger than a 125cc, because it could be either a Hells Angel or a Bandido (and OH MY GOD- I read on TV that there are real Bandidos on Ko Samui!); I gotta avoid Italians because they are probably in the mafia (you know, if we just dropped the big one on Sicily think of how much drug smuggling and other organized crime we would end), and Russians too- the men are mafia and the women hookers. But with all these dangerous people around it would be good to have a Chinese bodyguard because they all know kung <deleted> and can fight like Jet Li.