Assets of 28 Thai National Assembly members disclosed

webfact

Assets of 28 Thai National Assembly members disclosed
By Digital Content

14171533063979-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 28 -- Thailand's National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has disclosed the assets and liabilities statements of 28 more members of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) who assumed their posts in early October.

Chatchai Piyasombutkul, a businessman and a major supporter of the Democrat Party, and his wife are the richest among the 28 members of the Assembly, having assets valued about Bt1.5 billion and no liabilities, according to the announcement.

Energy businessman Anumad Ahmad, a former adviser to an ASEAN secretary-general, and his wife are second richest among the 28 NLA members as they possess more than Bt337 million in assets.

Current deputy commander of the First Army Region Maj Gen Apirat Kongsompong and his wife have assets of some Bt121 million, according to the announcement.

Kosol Petsuwan, Rector of King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, and his wife are the least wealthy on the list as they have only slightly more than Bt2.34 million in assets.

The NACC will display the list of assets and liabilities of NLA members publicly from today through December 12 during office hours at its headquarters in suburban Nonthaburi province. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-11-28

And nobody is wondering how all these Generals acquire auch wealth ?

It's not because they all saves up ever single stang from the day they enlisted that's for sure, as these blokes have some serious assets does anyone know how much per annum a Basic Thai soldier gets ?

When I left the mob back in 88 I think I was on about £12K a year.

I want to be reincarnated as a Thai General in my next life!!

Didn't a certain ex- general not warn against jumping to conclusions and mentioned something about marrying into wealth ?

• Like 1

It's not because they all saves up ever single stang from the day they enlisted that's for sure, as these blokes have some serious assets does anyone know how much per annum a Basic Thai soldier gets ?

Didn't a certain ex- general not warn against jumping to conclusions and mentioned something about marrying into wealth ?

Do not dig into it, it will not help anything at the moment.

MOre importantly where did the wealth come from? How does it stack up with income? If it looks odd it needs looking into for the sake of the atit corruption brigade and they need to be whiter than white here. All over the world there are too many envelopes under the table.

• Like 2

Good job the military budget has just been ramped right up by this reforming bunch - these army guys really are struggling to get by.

It would better if you reincarnated as someone who could read.

There's only 1 army general (singular, not plural) mentioned in the OP.