Suriyasai calls on NCPO, govt to express clear-cut stand on amnesty

Lite Beer

Suriyasai calls on NCPO, govt to express clear-cut stand on amnesty

BANGKOK: -- Suriyasai Katasila, a lecturer of Rangsit University and former leading member of the People's Alliance for Democracy, Sunday called on the National Council for Peace and Order and the government to express their clear-cut stand on amnesty for political offenders.

Suriyasai said the efforts to push for an amnesty bill had led to political crisis so the junta and the administration would have to express their stand clearly.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Suriyasai-calls-on-NCPO-govt-to-express-clear-cut--30248874.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-30

I may be wrong, but I think the public would like to see criminals in jail. How can anyone blame them for being cynical, they have seen criminals of every stripe released on bail, some for decades. The Red Bull heir is classic case, in just about any other country a cop killer would be in jail, or executed. Here the cops fellow workers refused to release evidence to prosecutors, law enforcement, my -ss.

Very nice speech but the OP is speaking about amnesty for political offenders.

I may be wrong, but I think the public would like to see criminals in jail. How can anyone blame them for being cynical, they have seen criminals of every stripe released on bail, some for decades. The Red Bull heir is classic case, in just about any other country a cop killer would be in jail, or executed. Here the cops fellow workers refused to release evidence to prosecutors, law enforcement, my -ss.

Very nice speech but the OP is speaking about amnesty for political offenders.

Political crimes or crimes against property, violent crimes, what ever you got. Don't you think people would like to see offenders in jail?

• Like 2

I think you are right. They are sick of seeing politicians and other wealthy and well connected people committing crimes with impunity. Those who talk about letting politicians off the hook for the sake of reconciliation are merely serving vested interests as usual. There is much more money to be made by letting the wealthy avoid prison that sticking them in it.

• Like 1