Christmas Trees

luudee

ok, I know it is a bit far fetched ... but I am so tired of these plastic Christmas Trees ...

I'm pretty sure that they can be grow in norther parts of Thailand.

Does anybody know if they are available somewhere in the Pattaya/Chonburi area ?

Thanks !

luudee

Villa Market traditionally stock real Xmas trees (at a price!)

Yep, had a look at one a few years ago (actually it was probably 6-7 years ago). The trees were imported from Denmark and cost around 8000 Baht. Can't imagine they have become any cheaper over the years.

Saw a load of them at Ikea yesterday, did not see the price but was told by someone they are 2,000 Baht but if you return the tree before the 5th Jan you get back 1,000....not sure how, why that is but just what I was told

Once again IKEA don't update their website about the Christmas tree special until the buggers have been all snapped up! As I recall from last year they have 2 sizes and there's the 50% rebate when you bring it back. They do this a lot in Europe and the US to stop the trees ending up in landfill.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

Anybody driving up to Ikea from Pattaya ? Can you bring me a tree ? lol

luudee

Better to phone ahead and get the word if there's any left. Last year I managed to import/export 3 to Udon as I was up there for the hols. It was quite amazing to see the locals really embracing this pagan ritual and leaving IKEA with 2 or 3 trees strapped to the roof of the Prius.

luudee

Take a taxi up to the huge shopping center. Go straight to Ikea and purchase your tree, then spend the day walking around looking at the different shops/restaurants you would normally find at a shopping center in Bangkok , then before 5pm-take a taxi back to Pattaya with the tree.

luudee

Take a taxi up to the huge shopping center. Go straight to Ikea and purchase your tree, then spend the day walking around looking at the different shops/restaurants you would normally find at a shopping center in Bangkok , then before 5pm-take a taxi back to Pattaya with the tree.

Alternatively, take the Pattaya-Bangkok bus from the north station. Get off at Home Pro Village. Take a taxi on that same side of the road to Mega Bang Na. Taxi back to Pattaya.